Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

name99

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2004
Glad it was patched. And 17.3 feels amazingly smooth in my 15PM.
I agree with the "amazingly smooth". My M2 iPad feels much zippier in a way that I can't quantify but is very obvious. Feels like apps launch faster, animations end faster, everything just feels smoother.

Reactions: I7guy

eifelbube

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2020
Why? Just gut feeling?

As someone who works in software in the enterprise space I’m pretty happy with how well Apple handles known CVEs (though I do wish they’d have a better bug bounty program). We have to meet compliance standards for patching at work and if Apple had the same reqs they’d be doing just fine as far as I can tell 🤷‍♂️

At the moment I’d rather have Apple’s QA than Boeings :p
OMG, please not. Given the bugs i experience with iOS on a daily basis, applying their QA to Boeing would mean airplane crahshes in a daily basis. If Apple applied the same scrutiny to iOS as the companies developing airplane software to their system software, There would be less bugs.

seek3r

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2010
OMG, please not. Given the bugs i experience with iOS on a daily basis, applying their QA to Boeing would mean airplane crahshes in a daily basis. If Apple applied the same scrutiny to iOS as the companies developing airplane software to their system software, There would be less bugs.
Have you been paying attention to Boeing lately? (or, really, since McDonnell Douglas took over after Boeing bought them)

Not that I want Apple to get into aviation, but it’d be nice if Boeing was getting better at it instead of the other direction

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
As if aviation software is bug free.

Reactions: seek3r
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.