Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iakmnk

Cancelled
May 12, 2024
Really, really hope Apple gets this fixed in iOS 17.5.1…
To be honest, I'm still wondering where this twitter account got the iOS 17.5 (21F82) number from, if the new iPads are sold with the 21F84 build on board. Perhaps it will work out as from 17.4.1 when there was one OTA build, and IPSW could download a newer build to fix problems with iPhone 12 and 13

iLuddite

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2023
Funny bug I just noticed yesterday in which Dynamic Island and Control Center platter timer previews aren’t properly synced up
Also on top of this I’ve had two separate Apple Fitness+ workouts stall and/or refuse to complete unless I restart the app two days in a row on 17.5 RC/final. Solar flares? Dunno but looking forward to 17.6 beta 1 either way….

• Haha
Reactions: iakmnk

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
Just updated my private phone (13 pro) to 17.5 and pushing it out to around 100 test users at work, will be interesting to hear what they think. Especially if the sound recording bug. A mix of phones (no iPhone 15 tho) so should be able to find out if this bug is device specific or OS.

There was a load of security updates with 17.5, will be interesting to follow what the IT-security forums have to say about them. Might be a push to all at work fairly soon if they are any considered severe (haven't had time to check).

Last edited:

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
This is going to sound funny, but after several people wrote to me about solar flares, my geolocation problems miraculously disappeared and have not returned yet

Given that the solar activity has dramatically decreased, that’s not surprising.

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
I still have a strange behaviour. I am charging my 15 Pro Max over night with Magsafe. In the morning I have background activity from the photos app. Always between 1 and 2 hours. Every night.

Any Ideas why?

Allan S

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2024
Whenever I ask Siri to play any music playlist, I get the response "Looks like Apple Music Can't Play That".

Anyone else still having this issue with the last beta version?

Last edited:

jazzzyJeff

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2024
I still have a strange behaviour. I am charging my 15 Pro Max over night with Magsafe. In the morning I have background activity from the photos app. Always between 1 and 2 hours. Every night.

Any Ideas why?
Probably some AI processing on the photos like faces, memories etc.
Quite normal if you take a lot of photos.

Reactions: Heymily and garetc

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
just updated, looks very good for now ; new pride wallpapers are dope ❤️

I have always looked at the stock Apple wallpapers but have never used one. Well, I have tried a couple for beta testing.

Current one below ….

Attachments

• IMG_5748.png
    IMG_5748.png
    833.6 KB · Views: 78

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Here is one I have not seen before. I received an update on a delivery (UPS) in Messages. When I opened Messages, this pop up showed:

I have a UPS and FedEX account and am used to getting text alerts from them.

Attachments

• IMG_5749.png
    IMG_5749.png
    247 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: mcvaughan

Ledsteplin

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2013
Florence, AL
Well, I can definitely confirm that this is an iOS 17.5 issue… all of my friends who updated their phones today suddenly have horrible-sounding audio messages. The people who didn’t update still have perfectly crisp and clear audio messages.

Really, really hope Apple gets this fixed in iOS 17.5.1…

What troubleshooting have you done?

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I don't know if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong, but recently in the mail app, when I press the "reply" button on the bottom menu bar in an email, it puts my own email address in the "to" field. This especially happens in email threads with multiple messages back and forth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.