Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marzzz

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2002
The Desert
I know you're (half) joking, but that's another thing I miss from Spotify - the ability to block an artist from ever appearing in any form anywhere that I listened to music. For example, I blocked Justin Bieber on Spotify and his trash music never appeared anywhere in any recommended algorithms or playlists or anything. He just vanished and even if I had a friend who had bad taste and included him in a playlist, I never saw it or heard him.
Actually, wasn't joking. I have never understood why people make such a big deal (The Boss!) over Springsteen, and I'm even from the East Coast. Just my opinion...and I never listen to Bieber either, FWIW

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
I know you're (half) joking, but that's another thing I miss from Spotify - the ability to block an artist from ever appearing in any form anywhere that I listened to music. For example, I blocked Justin Bieber on Spotify and his trash music never appeared anywhere in any recommended algorithms or playlists or anything. He just vanished and even if I had a friend who had bad taste and included him in a playlist, I never saw it or heard him.
If I could block the Browse page it would be a great start in eliminating a lot of the crap that does not appeal to me.

blizaine

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2003
I just loaded the dev beta a few weeks ago. While out doing some yard work, the music app prompted me to listen to music that was curated based on my taste. I agreed, and it was surprisingly good. Most of it was music I had never listened to, but almost all of it was music I liked. I kept adding songs to a "2023 faves" playlist from it.

Is this an iOS 17 thing? Also, I can't seem to find that curated playlist or station now...

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

johnnytravels

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2019
All I want atm is for tracks to not get deleted from playlists whenever I delete an album from my library.
This is such a weird oversight, it’s like songs disappearing from my mixtapes whenever I sell a vinyl album…

tiger2

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2012
I recently subscribed to Apple Music with the first month free and there is no way I will keep it after the month. As mentioned by one or a few others, the iOS version is not good, but the MacOS version is practically unusable. Horrible interface and the My station “feature” is embarrassingly bad. Labeling songs with Love or Dislike seems to have absolutely no effect. It keeps playing the same 10 or 12 artists that I have no interest in hearing. If I mark a song/artist with dislike it still keeps playing them. I can even predict the order it will suggest the same artists. Over and over. I’ve changed the settings to use my listening history and to not use it - no difference. I have marked at least 40 artists as favorites and it might play one of them every 20 or 30 songs. I wouldn’t use it even if it was free.

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
Apple Music is by FAR their worst app. It's just stupidly designed with the flavor of 20 year-old cheese.

Seems amazing that Apple can't focus any serious attention on rewriting this app.
You obviously do not know your cheese.

In the press three months ago...

MINERAL POINT, Wis. (WMTV) - A cheese factory in Mineral Point is celebrating the third release of their 20-year-old cheddar cheese by inviting everyone to come gather and watch them cut the cheese.

Hook’s Cheese Company describes this 20-year-old cheddar cheese as their “crown jewel,” having only released this batch twice before. It debuted in 2015, with all 450 pounds of the batch being sold out within two days. They sell over 70 different varieties of cheese as well, but consider their cheddar one of their most rare cheeses.

“We made it, aged it, made sure it was developing the flavor we wanted it to develop and today’s the day to cut it up!” said owner and cheesemaker Tony Hook. “We like to make sure we’re making a product the consumer really loves and let it age out, let it develop its flavor, [and] sell it when we think it’s ready.”

According to Hook’s Cheese Company, the batch will sell for $209 per pound, due to both the time and labor it takes to make the cheese. The price also accounts for half of their proceeds will go to various food pantries around southern Wisconsin.

• Wow

jtrenthacker

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2012
I'm the minority, but I wish there was a separate app for streaming Apple Music and personal music libraries. I don't stream music and just use my personal library that I have curated over the years. I also miss the Genius feature. It's still there for the desktop but not available for iOS or tvOS. It's an underrated feature when you have thousands of songs in your library.

WaxedJacket

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2013
how many years till we get an equalizer? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
come on Apple... you can do it!

Also I'd love to be able to switch off anything "curated" like Listen Now, Radio, Browse etc
One of the only reasons I'm currently using foobar2000 iOS app. An equalizer and simplified/iPod style browisng system would be all I need.

• Love

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Is there a bill in the eu for side loading apps. Hasn’t passed I think. But any dedicated music app would need car play to make it a viable replacement.

goke

macrumors member
May 23, 2014
But: did they fix the bug where music copied from my computer shows up as each track being its own album?

That bug has been there for SIX YEARS NOW.
May I ask what are you using to transfer music from your computer to your device?

Personally I don’t have this issue when transferring music from:
PC (MediaMonkey) to 14 Pro Max
MacOS (iMazing) to 14 Pro Max

But I did experience that issue with another iPhone management application on MacOS. My MP3s were properly tagged it transferred a compilation album of several artists (where the album artist tag was Various Artists) to individual albums using the track artist as the album artists. That’s not an Apple Music problem, that a software problem.

eicca

Suspended
Oct 23, 2014
May I ask what are you using to transfer music from your computer to your device?

Personally I don’t have this issue when transferring music from:
PC (MediaMonkey) to 14 Pro Max
MacOS (iMazing) to 14 Pro Max

But I did experience that issue with another iPhone management application on MacOS. My MP3s were properly tagged it transferred a compilation album of several artists (where the album artist tag was Various Artists) to individual albums using the track artist as the album artists. That’s not an Apple Music problem, that a software problem.
Using iTunes. But of course, Apple’s own ecosystem no longer “just works.”

I’m looking into iMazing now.

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
I feel like I'm in a minority because I far more prefer Apple Music to Spotify. Spotify is nice, but you can do more with Itunes/Music, like bringing songs you download on your own into your library and integrating them with the rest of your music. Also, I've been using Itunes for maybe close to 20 years and I'm just used to it. I've always found Spotify kind of confusing, especially if I wanted to just shuffle my overall library and I couldn't do that unless I made a full playlist of everything. That could be convoluted in the long run.

Reactions: norbinhouston

goke

macrumors member
May 23, 2014
Using iTunes. But of course, Apple’s own ecosystem no longer “just works.”

I’m looking into iMazing now.
Its shame, I had to pay for an iMazing license. Their trial offers a 50-track transfer limit.

Because I subscribe to Apple Music, I wasn’t able to just sync mp3s to my iPhone via Finder

eicca

Suspended
Oct 23, 2014
Its shame, I had to pay for an iMazing license. Their trial offers a 50-track transfer limit.

Because I subscribe to Apple Music, I wasn’t able to just sync mp3s to my iPhone via Finder
Wait WHAT?

They seriously block you from syncing files you own if you're subscribed?

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Add yet another reason I don't want to upgrade past Mojave.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.