Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oolafsson

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2011
iTunes match in 5.0.1/update notification

I'm wondering if anyone else who has iTunes Match set up on their computer/iOS devices has noticed that not all the artwork from the matched/uploaded iTunes tracks on the computer are translated over the air onto the iOS devices when IM is activated on them? I have read that you have to wait a few hours for all the album covers on your computer to make it down to your devices from the cloud, but its been 48 hours and I still don't see all of them.

Also, the iPad music app really needs work. Unlike on a normal iPod, it's not possible to drill down with Genres and then view artists and albums inside that genre; you can only see the songs in that genre, which isn't terribly helpful when I want to browse a genre of 2000 songs on my iPad. Also wish there were a way to toggle between music in the cloud and music that's already downloaded onto my iPad without having to go into the music settings and disabling "view all songs." There should be a simple button inside the iPod app to show only local files for easy playing.

And is anyone wondering why (with the new iOS OTA update feature) Apple isn't sending push notifications to users when these updates are released? It would certainly help them to avoid non-savvy customers coming to stores and complaining about battery life when there already exists an iOS update that (purportedly) addresses those issues, yet I have numerous friends who complained to me for a week, only for me to later find out they were still running iOS 5 over a week after 5.0.1 was released. It just surprises me that Apple hasn't implemented such a simple thing into the OS by now...

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
hopefully this fixes my iPad issues that this last update caused, like apps not quitting, the home button not responding, multi touch gestures not working, and the power butting bringing up the power slider, which can't be swiped. SO GLAD hard reset still works.

As for 5.2, I would love to be able to add custom widgets to the notification center, instead of being limited to weather and stocks. Purchase like an app, configure in the settings app, and it appears in the notifications center.

Last edited:

Ed91

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2007
It's for taking a picture far away where you wouldn't be able to hit the button, you frame it up before on the table or stand, walk away join the group and say take a picture, it countdown and takes it for you, not that hard. I agree using Siri to take a picture when your close enough to take it yourself is counterproductive

Have you ever used a real camera? You press the button and the countdown starts, then you move into place. You don't have to be holding your camera.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
One thing I'd like to see is iOS 5.1 fix this specific problem with the 4G iPod touch: if you use any headphone that has the iPod/iPhone compatible in-line controls, when you sometimes "unpause" the audio playback using the headphone controls you get garbling of the audio that can last several seconds, especially if the audio is encoded at 64 kbps or higher data rate MP3 or AAC. I NEVER had this problem with iOS 4.3.5 or earlier, so this tells me it could be a bug in the iOS 5.x software itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.