Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thoroughbred1

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Mr. Gates said:
When iOS 5 first came out I was using a jailbroken iPhone. I saw the camera button on the lock screen, and I thought it was really cool. I downloaded an application from Cydia that allowed me to do the same thing on my jailbroken iPhone 4S which was on iOS 4.3

The problem was that it was always there just like you see on this new version of iOS 5.1

At first I thought the idea of that was really cool and even better then the implementation from Apple, but I soon discovered that my iPhone was more often than not open with the camera application in my pocket wasting battery. I found that several times durring the week my iPhone would be burning up and I would take it out of my pocket and see that the camera application was open accidentally hit by my fingers

How did you manage to get an iPhone 4S to run iOS 4.3 when the phone was released it was 5.0 and there was no jailbreak till a couple of weeks ago. I'm just curious that's all

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
For the love of all that his holy, have they fixed the music player app on iPod? Borderline unusable with many many missing and broken features, still not fixed months later.

a0me

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
The other finding is the presence of a Japanese language setting in Siri. This has been rumored to be an impending feature for Siri.

I wonder if they'll rename "Siri" for the Japanese market. The Wii was successful despite its often laughed-at name ("Wanna play with my Wii?" and so on) but I can't imagine people in Japan saying "I'll ask my ass" (Japanese people pronounce "si" as "shi" [there's no "si" sound in the Japanese alphabet] and "shiri" means ass).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.