Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
Is there another iTunes beta or are we still using 10.5b2? I'm at work and can't really hop into the dev portal atm.

RichTF

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2007
London, UK
Is there another iTunes beta or are we still using 10.5b2? I'm at work and can't really hop into the dev portal atm.

Yep, iTunes beta3. And as before, beta3 iTunes can't sync with beta1 or beta2 iPhone and iPad -- so make sure you sync and backup *before* upgrading your iTunes...

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
Every boot or just the first boot upon installation which has been there?

My mistake. It's first boot. I saw it twice (post install and post backup restore) so i thought it was every boot.

PS- Anyone else getting this?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-07-12 at ∞ Jul 12 ∞ 12.30.45 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-07-12 at ∞ Jul 12 ∞ 12.30.45 AM.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 88

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
The beta3 still doesn't allow the Newsstand app to be put inside a folder. I have all the default programs I never use in a folder called 'Apple Crap' and Newsstand desperately needs to join that group!

never gonna happen for a simple reason. Newsstand is a folder itself, a special one just for magazines. i stick unwanted stock apps folder on a last page on its own, so if i don't want newsstand (which i will decide once we get to use it on launch as there's nothing in it at the mo) then i'll just chuck it on that page.

Don't see why others just don't do the same.....

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
never gonna happen for a simple reason. Newsstand is a folder itself, a special one just for magazines. i stick unwanted stock apps folder on a last page on its own, so if i don't want newsstand (which i will decide once we get to use it on launch as there's nothing in it at the mo) then i'll just chuck it on that page.

Don't see why others just don't do the same.....

The Newsstand folder should appear only if you download a magazine or newspaper.

Or even better: Integrate it with iBooks and the iBookstore.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
The Newsstand folder should appear only if you download a magazine or newspaper.

Or even better: Integrate it with iBooks and the iBookstore.

well you have to have the folder there to get the magazine/newspaper.

it's a different entity to iBooks, it's designed differently for starters, it's a folder not an app. What you say it should do doesn't make it so, Apple designed it the way they wanted it. deal with it and move on as it's not going to change. hide it on the last page with a folder of stock apps you don't use if you're not going to use it. i personally am actually interested on seeing what it's like when it's up and running and will probably use it.

TJ8 1127

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2008
My iPhone restored/updated fine on its first try. The only error i encountered was when my phone was plugged in, it gave me error 1659.

valanchan

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2008
Anyone updating their original iPad?

I had trouble with updating from the first to the second beta but luckily I was able to go back to 4.3.

So I may try again if the the gestures are back on the original.

Anyone know?

Cheers

bb426

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
California
Hey, just a thought here, but what about the new location system services menu in the iPod touch? You can disable the "Cell Network Search"... could this be another lead on the 3G capable iPod Touch, or just there because it's beta?

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
how can i force all my contacts and notes to sync to cloud? nothing wants to sync there except the stuff thats already there

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Hey, just a thought here, but what about the new location system services menu in the iPod touch? You can disable the "Cell Network Search"... could this be another lead on the 3G capable iPod Touch, or just there because it's beta?

I wonder if this overrides E911 services.

SoccerGuy

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Any word on if this new version allows you to edit or delete apps from the "purchased" list that now shows up?

iphoneblack

macrumors member
May 21, 2008
My friend upgraded mine to ios5 and gave me beta iTunes...
How do I get beta3??? Or i need to go to my friend house again :(

iFrodo

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2007
(error 1659 - can't check for update to carrier settings - screenshot)
PS- Anyone else getting this?

I'm getting this error every time I connect my phone to iTunes since Beta 3. It may be related to specific carrier, as my 3G iPad which has a different carrier (SFR - France) than my iPhone (Virgin Mobile - France), don't have this error.

It's annoying, but I have no issue using the phone despite having this error popping up, it installed my last carrier settings as before and there are just fine. It seems that it's only an error trying to check for possible new available version of carrier settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.