Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freemini

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2009
Norway
My friend upgraded mine to ios5 and gave me beta iTunes...
How do I get beta3??? Or i need to go to my friend house again :(

*sigh* you need a developer account or your UDID registered. If you just restore to iOS 5 it will not activate and it cannot be used. You need to learn about betas, be prepared to restore every 2-3 weeks for a new beta too. Be prepared to endure the annoying bugs(beta 1 in particular, but that's old now). And yes, you have to go his house again and make him register your UDID and give you the firmware..

Right Meow

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2011
East Coast
So is it just me or is the Repeat Message option now gone? Either they've removed it or I'm running on way too little sleep (or both).

It used to be under Settings > Messages, correct?

csheath

macrumors member
May 8, 2009
So is it just me or is the Repeat Message option now gone? Either they've removed it or I'm running on way too little sleep (or both).

It used to be under Settings > Messages, correct?

In beta 2 it moved to Notifications in settings, same place the you choose between banner and popups

edgarf28

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9A5259f Safari/6533.18.5)

What does the 'Traffic' system location service exactly?
It constantly uses my gps location. And the 'Setting Timezone' location service too.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9A5259f Safari/6533.18.5)

What does the 'Traffic' system location service exactly?
It constantly uses my gps location. And the 'Setting Timezone' location service too.

Think Waze or Trapster.

SK-Fabtastique

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2011
I keep getting an error 1659 in iTunes -- Cannot download updated carrier settings or something.

It failed miserably getting restoring my backup from iCloud.

My weather widget cannot display local weather, says update failed. This was working fine, till I went the United States for a few weeks, where it also worked fine. After coming back to England, the Local Weather stopped working.

Otherwise, it definitely feels snappier.

If someone could help with the Local Weather bug, I would appreciate that greatly.

I too am getting this error message? Any help with how to clear this up? i am a registered developer and have used Beta 2 with no problems. I upgraded iTunes to 10.5 beta 3 first but keep getting this error. My IMEI number is also now showing n/a - help anyone?

J

jonnyoliver

I have just upgraded to Beta 3, and my music isn't syncing. I have a playlist called 'iPhone' which is ticked but the music fails to sync. Anyone else?

Also, my Photos app crashes as I now seem to have some corrupt images, and when I scroll to them, the app closes.

EDIT: also using new iTunes beta 3.

Nobita

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2008
La la land
BTW I can't manually trigger wifi sync when I'm not plugged into power. Is this new?

I can do it when it's plugged (and I haven't tested, but I think it'll do it automatically.

One more annoying thing is I can't quit iTunes and have to keep my computer awake.

tpabrad

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
One thing not mentioned here is you can set custom tones for mail and calendars as well. Ive been dying for this feature for a while.

byke

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2007
LDN. UK
I am getting allot of Safari crashes and finding many videos dont run in the browser any more.
And also finding even more "apps" just dont work any more with Beta 3 (that may have worked in past Betas which makes one question is this the apps or the beta OS causing these issues).

To be honest,
Beta 1 Was interesting because it was new.
Beta 2 Seemed to offer as many fixes as it did new problems and near the end I wanted rid of it.
Beta 3 Sprinkled some new features, but again offered more problems in other key areas.

If any non developer is reading this and thinking .... I wanna try some of that, I would strongly suggest you wait.
As its often pointed out by many on here, this is software thats not designed for the mass market and in many aspects I do agree - However what I do not agree with is Apple making it harder or trying to hinder ANY user wanting to downgrade, especially in Beta software.

No developer or even private hobbyest should not have the choice to downgrade in an easy manner, if they feel the current iOS doesnt work for whatever reason.

If I didn't use my iPad for both work and experimenting - Then I would downgrade to the last iOS 4.3

iOS 5 will be good when its ready, but at present I feel needs allot more work.
I just wish there were nightly builds instead to help keep moral up.

matttnyc

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
Has anyone else had a problem with the headset buttons not working work on beta 3? They dont pause, or raise/lower the volume of music, etc.

EDIT... Seems to just be my headset. This is the second apple headset that just went out on me like that.

Last edited:

rootyb

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2009
Anybody else notice that the voice command girl's voice changed slightly in b2?

I probably never would have noticed, but I use voice command in my car a lot, to play the same few albums, and her cadence is noticeably different.

Kubus

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2011
Montreal, QC
Voice roaming feature does not work. Im on holidays in the UK at the moment and I can't turn off Voice Roaming. It just resets and does nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.