iOS 5 beta 7 breaks the iPod on the iPhone 4..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rickym11, Aug 31, 2011.

1. rickym11 macrumors newbie

Can anyone else confirm this? YouTube seems to work, so does SoundCloud.

2. skabadelic macrumors member

3. Steve28 macrumors member

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

Same here, I find iOSB6 was more stable than 7 (nothing works here).

5. skabadelic macrumors member

Nope.

6. Saileshbreaker macrumors regular

7. rickym11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well at least I'm not the only one. I just got a new MacBook Pro so I haven't loaded my music to this computer yet to try and resync... fantastic timing -_- hopefully this gets fixed fast it kinda defeats the purpose of the iPhone...

8. Captain America macrumors 6502

Working on putting B7 on my iPhone 4 now. I'll let y'all know how it goes for me.

9. ParagJain macrumors 6502

Re-sync music seemed to have worked for me, though the first sync took ages to complete. Not a big library, only 400 odd songs...

took about 30 mins to sync, connected with cable.

10. skabadelic macrumors member

IDK, I've synced three times now. I did an OTA.

11. Saileshbreaker macrumors regular

Try a fresh install and then restore backup, OTA tends to carry over bugs

I always do fresh install + restore backup and this really helps avoid bugs

12. Iamgort macrumors regular

No problems for me, listened to a podcast at the gym tonight using the newest beta.

13. marsmissions, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2011

marsmissions macrumors 6502

marsmissions

You people installed beta software and are now upset because you've been inconvenienced by a bug?

14. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Its in the release notes, lots of issues related to the music player and phones. Try one of the solutions for the 3Gs, it may work.

15. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

16. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

Was just about to make a thread about this. Worse than beta 1 so far. Pretty shameful that this is regressing

17. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

QFT, can't be said enough times.

Beta cycles are for them hashing out bugs, they fix some things, break others, playing whack a mole until they get less and less towards release.

Those complaining are obviously using as primary device (as am I) but if you don't like it, there is always 4.3.x.

18. 21ce macrumors member

We developers can report the bugs

We can report the bugs to apple via developer account, but for best results to fix the issue, the issue should be repeatable. Make sure you do a sync backup of your phone via itunes before going the route of OTA(just to be sure). If your apps dont work, make sure ALL of the apps that you are using are updated!! I couldn't get a large majority of my apps working on the beta versions, updated all the apps(via app store) and they work and have been working fine since.

OTA updates is still a little buggy FOR SOME (so please don't respond how your OTA update went fine, i'm obviously not referring to you). I have yet to have an issue with itunes clean restore for each beta version. An itunes sync is still a more reliable backup than uploading to icloud. Even apple suggests itunes sync over the iCloud during this beta process.

19. cinek macrumors 6502

not sure what you're talking about - breaks is a wide term.....

my "iPod" works fine on the iPhone 4 not to mention it's called music now

20. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

all I did was untick music in iTunes sync then re-check music and sync and all working again

21. 34design macrumors newbie

ipod/music problem

1. back up before you do anything with your current iTunes b6 if using IOS5 B6
    2. run OTA ios5 b7 allow at least 30 minutes and install iTunes 10.5 b7 (simultaneously if you want)
    3. once install complete in iTunes with iPhone connected uncheck both music and photos and click apply ,this will remove all music,video,photos content.
    4.check your iPhone iPod app to make sure no music or playlist are there !!
    5.simply go back to iTunes with iPhone connected goto Music tab and click check for sync music and goto photos tab and do the same .
    6. bottom line is before doing all this you should follow the erase all content note in the release notes and re-sync avoids the problem.

my first post here ,been watching for years .

for the trolls/miserable gits that lurk here quoting its beta wait till it releases officially,this is a non constructive answer , I am a registered developer and have accounts for many developer beta projects ,i come here to see what problems many experience and use that info whether its right or wrong I often come across issues that don't appear elsewhere .

have a nice day and if it helps it did some good if it didn't help then it goes deeper and needs more constructive solutions .

brian

22. TigerStephie macrumors regular

Same here. Just wish I had realized it before I left for work so I could have done a sync. I guess it's a pandora day. Unless someone knows of a fix without syncing. It sees all my music and shows it taking up space.

23. WebbDogg macrumors newbie

24. limey729 macrumors newbie

IOS 5 beta 6

Broke mine too - and video's. Not happy!

----------

Sorry meant beta 7...did an ota update.