Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alexs45

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2005
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I recently signed up for a dev account and want to download iOS 5. I downloaded the link and then clicked it to open and it only opens iTunes and does nothing.

How do I go about installing iOS 5 once I have it downloaded???

HELP!!:mad:

Loves2spoon

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2010
California
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I recently signed up for a dev account and want to download iOS 5. I downloaded the link and then clicked it to open and it only opens iTunes and does nothing.

How do I go about installing iOS 5 once I have it downloaded???

HELP!!:mad:

Are you on a mac? If so click "option" + restore or upgrade.

tomccabe

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
i'm loving iOS 5.

I'm loving 10.7 DP4. A lot. iOS5...meh. It's ok, but I'm going to need to see this cloud thing in action because there's not a whole lot of changes beyond notifications.

I really hope they make the scrollbar background transparent. I believe the scrollbars themselves are supposed to fade in/out which they don't do now (edit: it's now in system prefs -> general as well as double click minimize!). Not a GM for sure but very polished compared to 2. Launchpad also needs a little cleanup on the animation but I just realized the power of this feature and am in love with it. Mission control is a mature Spaces.

I really dislike not having my hard drives on my desktop. Don't know if there is or will be an option to use the old behavior.

Last edited:

Alexs45

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2005
Is there a way to see notifications on the lock sreen (i.e. a text message) and actually read it or do you need to swipe to open the text message?

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Is there a way to see notifications on the lock sreen (i.e. a text message) and actually read it or do you need to swipe to open the text message?

The lock screen generally shows some of the text. Like emails show the subject line. Pretty much whatever would have been shown in the old style blue modal notifications.

kdog0126

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2009
Have to hard reset

Do anyone else have to hard reset after the iPad 2 sleep after installing iOS5?

I constantly have to hard reset my device after a while.

:mad:

ChrisCMartin

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
iMessages

Has any body got imessages working on iPhone 4?
i have the normal Messages app but no iMessages.
If i look in settings i have iMessages in there but the only settings are to turn on iMessages, Read Receipts and send as SMS (all these are set to on)

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
If i look in settings i have iMessages in there but the only settings are to turn on iMessages, Read Receipts and send as SMS (all these are set to on)

It's not a separate app. Pay attention, eh?

ssdeg7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010

It's the same Messages app, when you text someone with iMessages also it sends it through wifi as if it were BBM, but when it's not available it sends the message like if it were an SMS

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX

have your messages been blue or green?

MTShipp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Raleigh, North Carolina
I wasn't attempting to answer his question with 100% accuracy. Spreading methods like that in threads like this where there will be lots of new, not tech saavy users, is a bad idea. For someone who has to ask that question the answer is "no."

I did not look at it from your point of view. Good point. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.