Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kdog0126

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2009
AppleTV

Anyone get it installed on the AppleTV? I connect mine to iTunes but it doesn't show the UDID? Any suggestions?

kdog0126

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2009
iCloud Backup

Any get their iOS device backed up to iCloud? I get the folowing error:

Not Enough Storage
This iPad cannot be backed up because this is not enough iCloud storage available.

AbblePC

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2009
Any get their iOS device backed up to iCloud? I get the folowing error:

Not Enough Storage
This iPad cannot be backed up because this is not enough iCloud storage available.

Yes I updated one of my iPad1's and it took what seemed forever to sync to the iCloud, eventually it did do the backup after going into settings and under iCloud ticking off certain apps I did not want to be synced with data to the iCloud.
I also have a large camera roll or photo album of imported job photos also being synced with iPhoto via iTunes syncing previously, now syncing over to iCloud.
What I ended up with was 4.7 Gigs of space used on the iCloud which only makes me worry about ongoing backup space.
I'm one of those whom share an apple id with other family members (the kids) so they didn't have to pay for apps twice. What I am still attempting to figure out is how I will go about also having my MobileMe which is a separate id, how this syncing is going to work with all these i-devices in my household not including the three iPads I use for work personal and development.

I also attempted to buy more storage under iCloud settings and it is not available right now.
The way I figure it, if all my i-devices aren't going to be able to share the Apple ID for app purchases with iCloud login, that I will have to make them all create separate Apple ID's which only raises more questions.
My main one being, Will each iOS5 device have 5 Gigs of storage or is that 5Gig only per Apple ID login or account. Too many questions not enough answers yet. :apple:

Im contemplating placing iOS5 for testing specific app usage & doc sharing across all my daily devices including the iPad 2, just to get moving along and be used to it all by the time it all comes public and by doing so hopefully have tons of experience to be more apt to deal with these issues on public release.
I would not be so inclined if this was not such a solid build, I would only keep it to the testing devices.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
I'm one of those whom share an apple id with other family members (the kids) so they didn't have to pay for apps twice. What I am still attempting to figure out is how I will go about also having my MobileMe which is a separate id, how this syncing is going to work with all these i-devices in my household not including the three iPads I use for work personal and development.

I also attempted to buy more storage under iCloud settings and it is not available right now.
The way I figure it, if all my i-devices aren't going to be able to share the Apple ID for app purchases with iCloud login, that I will have to make them all create separate Apple ID's which only raises more questions.
My main one being, Will each iOS5 device have 5 Gigs of storage or is that 5Gig only per Apple ID login or account. Too many questions not enough answers yet. :apple:

Im contemplating placing iOS5 for testing specific app usage & doc sharing across all my daily devices including the iPad 2, just to get moving along and be used to it all by the time it all comes public and by doing so hopefully have tons of experience to be more apt to deal with these issues on public release.
I would not be so inclined if this was not such a solid build, I would only keep it to the testing devices.

This is my question too. Is there no way to setup iCloud the same way that GameCenter and FaceTime are setup? Ie, the Apple IDs for those can be separate from the ID used for the App Store. This way I could still share apps with family members, but we could each sync a separate set of contacts, calendars, docs, photos, etc. Is there no way in the current iOS build to figure out if this is possible?

AbblePC

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2009
This is my question too. Is there no way to setup iCloud the same way that GameCenter and FaceTime are setup? Ie, the Apple IDs for those can be separate from the ID used for the App Store. This way I could still share apps with family members, but we could each sync a separate set of contacts, calendars, docs, photos, etc. Is there no way in the current iOS build to figure out if this is possible?

I tried since that post, inputting different Apple ID's after deleting the current iCloud setup in settings, after affirming the iPad asking are you sure you wish to delete this backup from iCloud, the new log in still showed the same 4.7 Gig being used and am now back to the backup time/date saying never and taking forever to complete without just quitting or crashing settings app.

I also noted that the backup although not appearing perhaps in iCloud settings, will show that it is backing up while in Mail settings under account for iCloud, which leads me to believe it may actually be backing up just not showing true time as it does or errors out.
Its the same way it behaved when I first synced to iCloud, kept crashing ending intermittently or not at all, but eventually showed a backup along with space taken by it.
Still working with the accounts and soon on other i-Devices after they are finished updating to iOS5.

Alexs45

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2005
I am having troulble running the New York Times app on iOS 5. Has anyone had this problem? ANy suggestions other than a re-install.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
I am having troulble running the New York Times app on iOS 5. Has anyone had this problem? ANy suggestions other than a re-install.

Yes, it doesn't work for me either. That's very common for iOS betas. Just wait until the next iOS update, or for the NY Times app to be updated.

kfred

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2011
iBooks 1.3 dictionary issue?

Question, guys: I installed the iOS 5 beta on my iPad 2 through my dev account and noticed that in iBooks, the dictionary isn't working. While I can access word definitions from any other text-based app in iOS, the dictionary in iBooks merely displays a blank bubble with no text. I've tried this on several ePubs, including newly purchased ones from the iBooks store.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? I can't seem to find reference to it anywhere. I already tried restoring, which did not resolve it.

Is this just my device or is this a widespread bug for iPad users?

Thanks in advance.

phobos

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2008
Have the same dictionary issue. It's still present on beta 5. Is there anyway to solve that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.