Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
when is the actual release date? and is it stable? Sure it is, but wanna know before instal. Seems like a decent update.

Uabcar

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2009
I want to be able to adjust the ringer volume w/o having to unlock. I've got buttons on the side to adjust the audio volume of music when locked. I'd prefer the double tap when locked volume to change the ringer volume.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
Right now there are effectively two sound profiles - ring and vibrate. There should be a silent mode that disables ring and vibration. I know that there is a setting that can accomplish this buried deep in Settings and Do Not Disturb, but an easier (quicker) way to get to a silent/DND profile would be welcomed. Say one more click on the volume rocker past vibrate or an option to turn the "mute" switch into a DND switch?

chriscrk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2011
Planet Earth (?)
Old one looks better IMO. Nothing we can do anyway.

Can't say I agree.
It's subjective, but, considering that they changed the look for it in the music app, it seems only logical that they'd change it on the lock screen as well (if not you're just left with inconsistencies).

To be honest, I had never really paid attention to that detail, but it seems silly that they didn't change the music controls on the lock screen on 6.0 to go along with the main app.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
It's good to see that they are finally fixing the spacing on the lock screen playback controls. I've hit the forward button while trying to pause far too many times.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
You're listening to daughtry and slash together. That's why it SEEMS better. (I love that song.)

Yeah I love daughtry songs, and it gets even better with one of the best guitarist playing together. For the lockscreen part, I mean the old one looks better because the clock is not being pushed up into the status bar like the new one in 6.1. (See page 1)

Hawtin

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2012
Thats probably because you updated to 6.0.1. This is talking about 6.1, a beta for developers.

From the screenshots posted, I kinda like the look of the buttons on the lock, screen, but they need to be fixed a little before 6.1 goes public.

Ah, my mistake. I thought this was about the 6.0.1 update haha.

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
I am one of the lucky ones that Siri understands, so I dictate pretty much everything to avoid having to type :)

Unfortunately iOS 6 introduced a problem which I was hoping would have been fixed in 6.0.1

Sometimes when you are dictating, you will pause mid-sentence to compose your thoughts. Unfortunately Siri now capitalises the next word when you resume speaking, which is quite annoying because you have to then go back and manually delete the capital letter and replace.

For example, I'm going to pause now And you will see that Siri has capitalised the word, "and" which I would then have to correct myself.

It's only been doing this since iOS 6 and I reported the problem hoping it would have been fixed.

Just to be clear by pause, I mean a delay long enough that Siri goes off to the servers to compose the first part of the sentence. Either because you've pressed done, or simply waited.

Hopefully this has been addressed in iOS 6.1, I'd be grateful if someone could check.

Thank you.

jafingi

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2009
Denmark
New Features:
- New volume controls on lock screen when you double-press home button

Improvements (fixes):
Larger "Report a Problem" button

So changing the style on existing volume buttons is a "new feature", but changing style on a button is only an "improvement" :confused:

I'd think they both should be under "improvements". :)

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Satellite imagery in maps is finished. (well it is in my area anyway!)

Err, do you mean Apple completed the satellite imagery or utterly destroyed it? Lol that's the 2 things I inferred when you said "finished". On the other hand, maps is data-based, so I think people on 6.0 will see it as well.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Err, do you mean Apple completed the satellite imagery or utterly destroyed it? Lol that's the 2 things I inferred when you said "finished". On the other hand, maps is data-based, so I think people on 6.0 will see it as well.

Eh?

In my area, there wasn't proper satellite imagery. Now there is.

Not sure what you're arguing about?

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Eh?

In my area, there wasn't proper satellite imagery. Now there is.

Not sure what you're arguing about?

Oh I see, guess I mis-interpreted your statement. Because the literal meaning of "finished" could mean "destroyed" as well, so I wrongly inferred that. Good for you then! Can you post a screenshot?

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
They corrected the crappy centering (or lack thereof) of the album art on the lock screen. See attached screenshot for an example.

How did you get rid of the leading 0 on your clock? Mine displays a leading 0 both in 12h and 24h time, eg 09:56AM, which irritates me. I even raised it as a bug!

you and 99% OF THE PEOPLE on this forum have expectations but can't even come up with a list of stuff (like below) of what you want. :rolleyes:

this is the problem. apple adds a few small features to a .x update, and then every ****ing update there is people expect some ground breaking ****. people these days..

- app store was already redone, they probably won't change it back

- apple maps, i agree

- dnd, i agree

- i thought you could do that already with reminders?

App Store - I like the new design. A big grid of icons for apps you haven't used before isn't helpful for seeing which ones look interesting - you have to click each one for that, so the new design is better.

Apple Maps - Well, it just needs fixing, period. Personally, I hate Apple's idea of pushing public transport to other apps; the way Google will give you one set of directions that includes a walk, a train, a bus, then a taxi, for example, is great. Imagine trying to make that journey (that example is from my flat to my mum's house) with Apple's maps?

DND - I hadn't thought of that, but that would be ace! I'd also like to see the toggle in the notification centre like it was in betas of Mountain Lion, and also on the lock screen.

Reminders - Does he mean set location based reminders OTHER THAN from contacts?

Last edited:

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Oh I see, guess I mis-interpreted your statement. Because the literal meaning of "finished" could mean "destroyed" as well, so I wrongly inferred that. Good for you then! Can you post a screenshot?

ahh ok. To be honest a screenshot is pretty useless as I don't have what it looked like before. :(

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
I am one of the lucky ones that Siri understands, so I dictate pretty much everything to avoid having to type :)

Unfortunately iOS 6 introduced a problem which I was hoping would have been fixed in 6.0.1

Sometimes when you are dictating, you will pause mid-sentence to compose your thoughts. Unfortunately Siri now capitalises the next word when you resume speaking, which is quite annoying because you have to then go back and manually delete the capital letter and replace.

For example, I'm going to pause now And you will see that Siri has capitalised the word, "and" which I would then have to correct myself.

It's only been doing this since iOS 6 and I reported the problem hoping it would have been fixed.

Just to be clear by pause, I mean a delay long enough that Siri goes off to the servers to compose the first part of the sentence. Either because you've pressed done, or simply waited.

Hopefully this has been addressed in iOS 6.1, I'd be grateful if someone could check.

Thank you.

just tested it and it worked fine with a 2 second pause. And it's so she transcribes the sentence faster. I wouldn't call it a bug I would call it a feature.

JayJamesWaller

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2011
Swansea, Wales
I don't know if I'm missing something but I've got iOS 6.0.1 on my iPhone 5 right here and don't have the new music controls? I've tried rebooting my phone too but nothing, :/

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
I don't know if I'm missing something but I've got iOS 6.0.1 on my iPhone 5 right here and don't have the new music controls? I've tried rebooting my phone too but nothing, :/

This thread is for iOS 6.1 beta 1, not 6.0.1. Of course, you don't have the new feature.

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
just tested it and it worked fine with a 2 second pause. And it's so she transcribes the sentence faster. I wouldn't call it a bug I would call it a feature.

Thank you very much for taking a look at it. If you have the chance please do a manual pause by pressing the done button and then continuing your sentence.

You should experience the problem that I'm having (Unless they've fixed it in 6.1 of course). It sounds minor, but when you use Siri all the time like I do, it's definitely annoying and it didn't happen prior to iOS 6.

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
- Better traffic information (working traffic information).

This must be a localized problem because the traffic information has been accurate for me in my area. I think this falls more into the crowd sourcing updating of info vs an iOS/app bug.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Thank you very much for taking a look at it. If you have the chance please do a manual pause by pressing the done button and then continuing your sentence.

You should experience the problem that I'm having (Unless they've fixed it in 6.1 of course). It sounds minor, but when you use Siri all the time like I do, it's definitely annoying and it didn't happen prior to iOS 6.
When you press done that's when she finishes the sentence. When you start again she always capitalizes the first word. You could always say period then start again or any other punctuation mark.

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2010
Did they do anything with Safari?

It needs an OSX style unified search/address field that searches through Bookmarks, History and also Google/whatever else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.