Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CBSubliminal

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
Florida
Need some help. I updated to the new 6.1 on my iphone 5 and it shows I have the most current. But does not have the new volume buttom on the lock screen or bigger report a problem on the maps. What should I do? Thanks in advance.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Need some help. I updated to the new 6.1 on my iphone 5 and it shows I have the most current. But does not have the new volume buttom on the lock screen or bigger report a problem on the maps. What should I do? Thanks in advance.

You are a Beta tester/developer?

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
You are a Beta tester/developer?

Whats it matter, thats not what he asked.

----------

There may be an option or setting you need to enable for it. Have you looked around your settings?

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
2 questions:

1. Is the exchange push/active sync issue fixed with the beta?

2. Is Bluetooth MAP working correctly so that emails (not just text messages) are displayed on vehicles screens, such as BMWs?

Thanks.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA

If you aren't a developer or found a file for it on the Internet, it's likely you mean you updated to 6.0.1 in which case you're referring to the wrong software version and shouldn't be seeing the changes anyways

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta

There may be an option or setting you need to enable for it. Have you looked around your settings?

So you have to go under Options and select to get the large Report button and the larger Lock Screen controls???:confused:

If not that means he is running 6.0.1 and is NOT a Beta tester.

cartman61616

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2012

----------

Happens to matter a lot considering there have been a few people in this thread thinking they are upgrading to 6.1 when in reality they are getting the retail 6.0.1.

Not a developer/beta tester then you don't get 6.1. He was trying to clarify if he was getting the .0.1 update or the .1 update.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
They really are moving away from the aqua theme.. :(

----------

You're listening to daughtry and slash together. That's why it SEEMS better. (I love that song.)

----------

That'll probably be one of the last major UI changes. Especially since it's patented. Besides, the point of a lockscreen is to help you unlock it. That's why it's so big. The rest of the design helps make it obvious what to do and which direction to do it.

makes sense but they could at least change the "arrow" part to something more glossy sliverish, the grey looks out of place by now imo

allistera

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
I think a lot of people are getting confused here, 6.1 (The developer only release, what this thread is about) IS NOT 6.0.1 (The latest public release).

gglittle

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2012
My god, even 5.1 was more significant than this. If I didn't remember wrongly, it introduced the fast camera access in the lockscreen (I consider this to be significant), face-detection for the 4S and a long list of stability improvements. Surely Apple can do better than just adding some minor UI changes? But then again, camera access for 5.1 only came at a later beta (can't remember which one), so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!

This is 6.0.1. 6.1 has been released to developers for beta testing.

CBSubliminal

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
Florida
I am not a developer. I got it confused. I downloaded the retail 6.0.1 with the assumption it would have those changes. Sorry guys and gals.

MarcelEdward

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
my god people it's a beta, what do you want them to do????

An amazing update offcourse.
One that makes my iphone a few mm thinner, lighter and a bit taller.
If they could archieve that with an ios update, than that would be really revolutionair and phonetastic.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Can anyone check and see if shared photostreams allows someone other than the stream creator to add a photo to the stream?

gglittle

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2012
iOS 6.1 is working well on an iPad 2. Currently updating an new iPad, first release. The changes to the lock screen are not significant. It adds a volume control, and spreads the other controls out. Airplay to the right of the volume slider, and Play controls to the left side of the screen.

On my iPad 2, the old bug on the keyboard is still there. I have problems finding the sweet spot for the letter "M".

Feltzem

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2009
I found a new feature: adding to the Reading List now has an animation, which flys the link into the reading list icon (like Safari on OS X).

It's intriguing that a x.1 update literally only has a bigger button in maps, a small UI change for music controls on the lock screen, and things like the reading list animation. I wonder if Apple thought these were really the biggest things that needed addressing. And I know it's only the first beta - hopefully subsequent ones have more improvements.

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
2 questions:

1. Is the exchange push/active sync issue fixed with the beta?

2. Is Bluetooth MAP working correctly so that emails (not just text messages) are displayed on vehicles screens, such as BMWs?

Thanks.

Anyone?

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Is the music app GUI different ? I've forgot what the original looked like.

Attachments

• IMG_1198.PNG
    IMG_1198.PNG
    234.1 KB · Views: 162
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.