Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kingdLo

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
I cant wait for it to pop up on a torrent site :)

Unless someone wants dropbox and share it :D

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Just checked the final build of Maps and...... nothing I reported got fixed, nice. Looks like they didn't care for any of the mistakes in my neck of the woods... oh well. Hopefully more people will submit errors when iOS 6 is released and they'll finally fix them.

quixers

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2007
Just checked the final build of Maps and...... nothing I reported got fixed, nice. Looks like they didn't care for any of the mistakes in my neck of the woods... oh well. Hopefully more people will submit errors when iOS 6 is released and they'll finally fix them.

.. or google releases a native google maps for ios

IMO the apple maps suck for the UK - crap detail on POIs and no streetview is a step back

webDeWo

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2012
Meh, so there's a new baseband. When can we expect the new redsn0w release, for GM (no JB, just installation without the baseband)?

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand

The data is server-side so hopefully it'll be updated before public release. The maps down here are pretty bad too.

Edit: They've improved in the GM, although the satellite imagery is still in greyscale for my location.

Last edited:

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2012
UK
Have you people in UK got update?

I can't still update my iPhone 4. It says its up to date... :confused:

MalcolmJID

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
England

You do realise it isn't released to the public yet? That's next week. Even if you are a developer you must download the GM from the Apple Dev site. You can't do it from your phone (OTA).

r-m

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2010

The GM is still pre-release, a sort of beta that only developers see.
It's out for the general public next Weds.

r-m

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2010
Hmm. Siri still doesn't work with "Give me directions to <contact> <Label>" - comes up with, "Sorry, I can't find an address for <contact> -<Label>"
So I ask for directions to Jim's Home, it says can't find an address for Jim -Home. Even though it's there. Also "Directions to jim" and gives me a selection of the 2 address I have for Jim, I pick one, still says can't find an address... Maybe it's a server issue =/ I reported the bug, they're aware, it was a duplicate.

Silvereel

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2010
*cough* Anyone want to give some info to the less among us on how to upgrade, and maybe PM some uh, 'more specific' info? And by the way, will I just be able to upgrade to the final version next week, if I install the GM now? I'd rather just wait if I'm going to have to format it next week or anything like that.

spblat

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2010
This site prohibits discussion of the site making iOS downloads available. Google "ios download." There are active torrents. Be advised you violate Apple's terms and face the small risk of bricking your device (until iOS6 is released) by farting around with this. If you manage to acquire an ipsw, option-click on "check for updates" in iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.