Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StealthGhost

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2010
Yes always useful to have the time twice on your screen....

Date, time and day vs just the time. Not like I need the top one removed for something else....

Plus you can hit the one on the homescreen and it goes into Alarm/WorldClock/Stopwatch/Timer

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
What's the point of upgrading to the next release when you won't get any of the new main features and a good chance of slowing your device down only to say hey I'm on release 6.

you make it sound like the software release isn't good enough for the device, and I've seen how iOS 6 (BETAs so far, could run even better on final) runs on the 3GS and it runs just fine... hell people will probably hack it to force it to use turn by turn and 3D stuff, it will work just fine like it ran Siri...

Picka

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2011
In Android nobody is forced to use a widget, they're just options for the user in case they desire.

Apple should do the same with iOS 6. Allow users to personalize the way they want to.

You must be new to Apple products :D

Apple knows best etc etc :rolleyes:

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
I myself see plenty of visual changes, such as the new dialer, the app store, to name two. I tend not to judge software until the final release. They have plenty of time to make changes since this is just the first beta. I am not much into Widgets, so if that's your thing Android might be your best bet.

All very true. The new store's look fantastic. And as you said, let's not judge until the final release is out.

gorillapimping

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
Berkeley
want fun?

iOS has been boring for a while. the only thing to do is jailbreak. then you open up a world of excitement and capability where even androids can't compete.

DrDomVonDoom

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
Fairbanks, Ak
To me personally, boring is good. Boring is letting me know, nothing bad is happening. I remember when I got my first iMac and OSX was so exciting to use! Man, I remember just loving to jump on my computer and just investigating every nook and cranny, opening every app, looking in every preference page, it was good times. Now OSX is stale, but that means all is well to me.

Look at Windows for 25 years, something different every once in awhile, like Windows 8, but for the most part same ol' ****! Same with OSX and now that iOS is a mature platform, the same thing! Its natural for a newer technology like smart phones, now that they caught up, its hard to WoW people every year. Look at cars, how much have they really changed in the last 5 years? I couldn't tell you the difference between a 2012 Ford Focus and a 2007 Ford Focus. Does it look the same? kinda.

Megalobyte

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2007
Florida
Yes you and and the other 12 year olds should jump ship you can change the icons on your home screen and make them look like different Cat's faces.

----------

According to who????

You?!?!

Good grief. Adults don't look at their phone and say, "Wow it looks so dated!"

Unreal.

True, us older folks (40's :) ) rather look at the phone, and all it offers, and remain amazed at what's even possible on a device the size of a small calculator.

I used to be amazed at the huge TI calculators in the 70's, and all they did was add numbers. :)

Something to be said for refining a good thing rather than feeling the need to change for change's sake.

There's a healthy balance between innovation and a reliable, smooth user experience, while Apple might go slower than some might like, I still think they're closer to that sweet spot than their competition. The iPhone isn't so successful by accident, nor can it be explained by suggesting iPhone users are mindless idiots duped by apple.

I get the appeal of Android, but Android users should also understand the appeal of the iPhone. Two different approaches, each with pros and cons.

fredaroony

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2011
iOS6 = boring
iOS6 + widgets = awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

The widget love affair must stop!!! They are useless, and you find yourself never using them after a few days (at least thats my experience when I was an Android user).

I don't it's actually boring but for the love of god give us shortcuts to setting i.e. WiFi and Hotspot.

I use NCSettings for this but it's not something you should have to jailbreak your phone for and it's nice not to have to drill down through menus to do a simple task.

----------

In Android nobody is forced to use a widget, they're just options for the user in case they desire.

Apple should do the same with iOS 6. Allow users to personalize the way they want to.

I have a 4S and a HTC One X, both get decent battery life. On the One X I use one weather widget and a couple for setting shortcuts.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Omg if non JB iOS gave us widgets I'd love it! Lol I'm being serious too. Every time I down load an Android app I immediately see if there is a widget for it and if it will benefit me. If it doesn't I don't use it, simple as that.

I don't see why people get offended at the mention of widgets. You don't HAVE to use them. I don't use most but I would like my second home screen to be my email widgets. Third sports maybe. So much easier then me diving into folders, pulling up apps, then going from there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.