Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
Glad you decided that. But you're wrong. Again, my connection tested 100% fine and I was able to download numerous updates to my computer and my xbox in a snap. Go on twitter and you'll see that others are having 16-20 hours show up as well. Thanks for ur comment tho.

If this were the case then you should at least get variable times at worst if you cancel the download and then try again.

It not like you are being routed to a dedicated server just for your phone.

elev8d

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2008
some have mentioned that 7.0.6 was no longer being signed by Apple within hours of 7.1 release.

----------

What's funny is to think that 7.1 hasn't been released despite all the factual evidence that says otherwise.

I think the apple servers were overloaded. My gfs phone didn't giving her an upgrade option when we went into settings for awhile even though I had already upgraded my devices. Upgraded now though :)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I think the apple servers are overloaded. My gfs phone isn't giving her an upgrade option when we go into settings even though I've already upgraded my devices.
It's possible, but it doesn't mean that the update hasn't been released when it clearly has been.

Some have suggested restating the phone and checking for update again or connecting to iTunes and checking that way.

James66

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2013
Meh

Not loving the new look/features on iPad. Update hasn't fixed Safari crashing problem or the issue with the dictionary. Don't like the look of the new keyboard or the animation when double clicking to change/close apps, the animation when returning to the home screen after closing apps, various other things.

iReality85

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2008
Upstate NY
Why is the chart designed to make 5.9% look like a huge number? It's a small number and a 0-100% scale would show that.

Because the graph is designed to show what Y percent of iOS 7.1 adoptions occurred over X hours. Anything beyond 24 hours is not known at this point, thus we do not have corresponding data points for percentages beyond 5.9%.

You must not make or use graphs much.

ElTorro

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2013
Wonder what the adoption rate in 24h for iOS6 would be if Apple would let people downgrade.

Spinnetti

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2005
Kentucky
Bugs?

1. On iPad air, when I put it in landscape mode and try to view my shared library (tv/movies), the text links at the top (shared, etc) are all garbled

2. On iPhone 5, I used to click 3 times to back up a song, now it just backs up to the start of the song you are on - is that a setting somewhere that got reset?

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
What I want to know is how does someone revert from 7.1 to 7.0.6?

And why on Earth do you want to do that? That's crazy.

----------

I think the #1 improvement in 7.1 is the quicker animation speeds. Macrumors has barely given any credit to that and it makes iOS so much more usable. I can't understand someone not switching because of a slightly darker shade of green since 7.1 makes the animations so fast.

Yeah. Exactly. Some people aren't upgrading because of the darker shade of colours used! Just update, as you said, animations are faster and all-round it's a lot faster!

----------

How can you tell so quickly about Touch ID? I'm one of the people affected by the Touch ID fade. I installed 7.1 yesterday but it will take time to see if the fade is gone.

"How can you tell so quickly about Touch ID?" Because it's been a couple of days now and just think how often we unlock our devices. Touch ID is a lot better. I hardly have to apply my print anymore, it reads it as soon as my skin touches the button.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
If they don't, then the chart is wrong. haha. It shows up and down. I figured as much, though.
As explained in a number of posts earlier, the chart doesn't show the total number of people that have upgraded over time, but how many people with the upgraded OS are hitting some sites--at different times of the day there can be more or less of those people, although over time the number would grow as more people upgrade.

sixrom

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2013
Server was overloaded last night when I tried to download. That is how fast people are updating.

People are eager to see if it fixed the very buggy earlier version. I wonder how bad the first version of iOS 8 will be. Upgrading with Apple is very risky these days. But it has no effect on sales since the strength of the brand no longer is linked to true quality. Apples brilliant marketing creates the illusion of perfection, which is good enough to sell their product. Quite the accomplishment.

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
I pludged to 7.1 after reading the reviews and I think this is an upgrade most everyone will like.

The improvements to the fluidity of the interface are immediately noticeable. This is the iOS 7 that Apple should have released last year!

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Why does a 214 MB update require 1.9 GB of free space? Its so frustrating!
I can't update because of it.

I was a beta tester of iOS 7.1. I was in iOS 7.1 beta 5 and in my iPhone 5 1.3 GB was the download for the 7.1 public update and it required 3.9 gb. I installed it through iTunes.

bawbac

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2012
Seattle, WA
Not loving the new look/features on iPad. Update hasn't fixed Safari crashing problem or the issue with the dictionary. Don't like the look of the new keyboard or the animation when double clicking to change/close apps, the animation when returning to the home screen after closing apps, various other things.
Same issue here with Safari and Mail still crashing randomly with 7.1.
It's like Apple doesn't care about fixing real issues and more about dangling the carrot(shiny new features) to take their product owners attention away from real issues.

Apple elitists go bonkers over any type of Windows crashing but they appear to have a double standard because it's OK for Apple devices to crash occasionally. Maybe those millions of user having issues are holding their Apple devices incorrectly... :confused:

Chazz08

Cancelled
Dec 4, 2012
As explained in a number of posts earlier, the chart doesn't show the total number of people that have upgraded over time, but how many people with the upgraded OS are hitting some sites--at different times of the day there can be more or less of those people, although over time the number would grow as more people upgrade.

Then the numbers are still wrong, either way, with this not being the number for how many people have upgraded. Simple as that. Good way to get clicks I guess.

admob71

Suspended
Feb 13, 2014
MANCHESTER, ENGLAND.
So some 500mil units in circulation that can take advantage of the update...just over 25,000,000 in 24 hours is a 'small number?' Kit-Kat's been out for a bit now. Maybe we've reached a single percentage point? Maybe?

Agreed. Four finger swipe up to multi task is seemless. No crashing, glitching, or springboard resets for me...iPhone 5/5s, iPad 4, Air and wife's mini. Extraordinary update

I respectfully disagree. I think the new dialer UI is exceptional. I don't need more than a dot of a dude:)

I've got four open now on my Air, five on mini. None are reloading. I was able to get a reload on my seventh tab in Safari. But it was an almost instantaneous 'refresh'. LTE rocks!

Again. I 'respectfully' disagree. Have you a GUI to show us? Or just fishing? Easy GUI is extremely HARD to build.

There's only so much RAM. It's a preventative measure so safari doesn't 'crash'. Happens on Android too. I've got a Note 3 and Nex7.2. Anyone that says they don't is full of you know what. What is the need to have so many tabs open anyway? Isn't it hard to read more than three or four sites simultaneously?

The browser on the HTC one doesn't reload web pages, because it's got enough ram to keep them in memory.. I call you know what on anyone trying to make excuses for safari. 1 measly gig of ram just doesn't cut it these days..

----------

6% adoption in just 24 hours is justin credible. Nobody else can deliver these numbers. Only the Apple ecosystem has this capability. Celebration time, again!

Wow, you've got the party poppers out cos some kid in Malaysia has the same update as you.. awesome dude.. you must be so proud..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.