Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
I went from 7.0.4 and updated (not restored) to 7.1. Reset network settings and deleted all email accounts then re-added.

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Seem to be moving away from My question on iPad IS07 to iPhone IS07?

Read the title of the thread buddy...it's an iOS 7 thread..not just an iPad thread.

For iPads, people tend to use them less than iPhones so the usage and battery life is hard to judge

MUDCRABS

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2009
Read the title of the thread buddy...it's an iOS 7 thread..not just an iPad thread.

For iPads, people tend to use them less than iPhones so the usage and battery life is hard to judge

Hey Buddy! (Must be an American :p ) I started the thread asking about I0S7 battery life on an iPad ;)

MUDCRABS

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2009
Not really in the title, which is often the primary thing that drives threads.

Well, I do beg you Pudding, looks like I was 2nd in the queue :eek:.. Maybe I should have started the thread and there wouldn't have been the confusion :rolleyes:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Well, I do beg you Pudding, looks like I was 2nd in the queue :eek:.. Maybe I should have started the thread and there wouldn't have been the confusion :rolleyes:
Didn't you claim that you started the thread? :rolleyes:

Beelzbub

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2012
iPhone 4S

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 148

co22

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2011
Washington DC area
On my iPhone 5 with 3G it drained EXTREMELY fast, had to recharge after 2 hours

I've experienced the same thing repeatedly on my iPhone 5, but only when I'm in my office where the cellular signal strength is very weak (one dot or "bar" out of five). The battery usually lasts at least twice as long when the signal is strong.

davelanger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
As the title says above, post your iOS 7.1 battery life here :)
Here's mine, not too bad I think.

how is that not bad, that is terrible. on OS 6 I was getting 8 hours of usage and over 24 hours of standby.

I could go two days before having to charge my phone.

4 hours of usage for a smart phone is terrible

Zmijutin

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
I'm getting really solid battery life. I have iPhone 4 and did DFU restore with iOS 7.1 beta.

Attachments

• IMG_0258.PNG
    IMG_0258.PNG
    60.6 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
I up graded the ipad from IOS6 to 7 and the battery is a runaway, drains much faster than IOS6..
Anyone else experienced this?

Not sure if this has been touched one before as I only just got back on the board.

Muddy

Hey I'm in the exact same boat. With ios 6 out ipad 4 used to crank out some unreal usage numbers. Had up to 16 hours once! After the update I'm lucky if I get up to 9! We used to have to only charge it once every couple of days now it's usually daily. It's ok I guess but kinda bugs me we are getting almost literally half the battery life.

On my iphone 5 I just updated it to ios 7.0.4 yesterday. I was jailbroken since February of last year and I was just getting bored with it. I know I had 395 charge cycles on my batt but I was still getting great battery life up to 8 hours on wi-fi with normal usage such as web browsing,facebook,tweetbot and other light usages. Today I'm on my first full cycle with ios 7 on my phone and I'm a little worried. Maybe it's normal not sure. 21% 4 hours 47 minutes usage. Should I be worried?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 111

kimovski

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2011
Macau
Hey I'm in the exact same boat. With ios 6 out ipad 4 used to crank out some unreal usage numbers. Had up to 16 hours once! After the update I'm lucky if I get up to 9! We used to have to only charge it once every couple of days now it's usually daily. It's ok I guess but kinda bugs me we are getting almost literally half the battery life.

On my iphone 5 I just updated it to ios 7.0.4 yesterday. I was jailbroken since February of last year and I was just getting bored with it. I know I had 395 charge cycles on my batt but I was still getting great battery life up to 8 hours on wi-fi with normal usage such as web browsing,facebook,tweetbot and other light usages. Today I'm on my first full cycle with ios 7 on my phone and I'm a little worried. Maybe it's normal not sure. 21% 4 hours 47 minutes usage. Should I be worried?

Im getting 5-6h on my iphone 5. It drains at lot faster with 3G, but on wifi is pretty damn good. And forget gaming...played PvZ 2 about 1 hour, 40% brightness with 30% sound , drained from 99 to 67%. Thats bad...

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
Im getting 5-6h on my iphone 5. It drains at lot faster with 3G, but on wifi is pretty damn good. And forget gaming...played PvZ 2 about 1 hour, 40% brightness with 30% sound , drained from 99 to 67%. Thats bad...

That's about what I've been getting. 5-6hrs on wifi. On ios 6.1 and jailbroken it was easily 7 on average. I'm really disappointed with ios 7. I've even turned off all of the known battery draining things too. I sure hope 7.1 will help the i5.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
I am thinking maybe the battery indicator has actually changed in 7.1. It seems to drop faster from 100% but at the end of the day it seems to be getting about the same amount of usage as before. Used to stay on 100% for several hours (if not used and on stdby) then start dropping. It should drop 1% every 2 hrs on iP 4s (stdby). Now it drops pretty fast away fro 100%. Also seems there is more actual usage being reported. Still on the fence whether its worse or same. Since the meter seems to be a little more fluid it could be deceiving trying to compare to the old meter that seemed to be less responsive to change. Of course this is a beta so comparing battery life to a released iOS is sorta meaningless and not really evident of what it will be once released.

MGBarnette

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2013
I am in Cabo for the weekend. The battery is draining significantly EVEN ON AIRPLANE MODE with wireless and Bluetooth off, background and privacy off. Crazy bad!!! It took all night to charge because of the delta (idle usage to charge).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 123

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
I am in Cabo for the weekend. The battery is draining significantly EVEN ON AIRPLANE MODE with wireless and Bluetooth off, background and privacy off. Crazy bad!!! It took all night to charge because of the delta (idle usage to charge).

From the looks of it you have an app hung up. Email acct perhaps. The standby and usage being exactly the same is a prime indicator. Close all apps and do a hard reboot and see if that terminates it. Otherwise try and disable email reboot and re-enable. Lastly try settings>general> reset network settings. Keep in mind that you will have to add back any WIFI networks you had saved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.