Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JimmyChen

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2009
Any freezer after connecting to Bluetooth? I had this problem many times while taking notes during a class... very annoying...:(

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA

Attachments

• IMG_0983.PNG
    IMG_0983.PNG
    357.9 KB · Views: 187
  • iOS 6 screen shot.jpg
    iOS 6 screen shot.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Really? Which of these is the ugly one?
iOS 7 does when compared to iOS 6. But that isn't right or wrong or bad or good--that's something subjective that everyone has a different opinion about. So, asking people which one looks good isn't something that would result in anything more than different opinions none of which are any more right or wrong or good or bad.

In any case, not even remotely related to what the thread is about.

Last edited:

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Running 7.1 beta 5 on both my 5s and iPad Air now. I must agree, very solid on both. I'd like to see a little more tweaking, and wouldn't mind seeing a beta 6, but I wouldn't be surprised if the GM is next.

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
I decided to install beta 5 on my 5s Thursday night do to all the positive feedback on it. Since then I've installed it on my iPad Air and iPad Mini. Must say that its really great. I haven't had any issues personally.

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012
It's only been 2 days of use, but beta 5 has been extremely solid thus far. I'm not saying it's completely bug free, but it's by far the best iOS7 release to date.

Very fluid, fast, and responsive!

Only wish Apple would increase animation after unlock/log in.

With all due respect, I've been hearing this about beta 2 and beta 3. While these two were more solid than 7.0.4, they were certainly not bulletproof and are still considerably less stable than iOS 6.

Really? Which of these is the ugly one?

The left one of course. But then again, answering "the one on the right" is a test to confirm that you're still an Apple-die hard, yes?

If nothing else, the left screenshot is less readable and not as easy on the eyes. It is also less usable at night due to the abundance of bright colors.
My opinion that it is also extremely ugly is, however, a bit more subjective.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
People who say the left screenshot is less readable need some serious eye check up!

Anyway, who was the troll who hijacked this thread?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
On my 5s, if I am on my second home page, lock my phone, then unlock with Touch ID. I get a white flash in the upper lefthand corner of the screen. Does not happen if I am on the first home screen when I lock, only if I am on the second, and it happens every time.

Anyone else?

This has happened through all versions of iOS 7 since I got my 5s.

pazgb

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2013
Beta 5 Battery is great on my iphone 5. I did OTA from beta 4 and can tell a huge difference.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
People who say the left screenshot is less readable need some serious eye check up!

Anyway, who was the troll who hijacked this thread?

To play devils advocate, I'm on my iPhone and immediately noticed the text at the top (clock, etc) is smaller on iOS 7.

So there is a decent case for the claim it's "less readable".

bkends35

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2013
USA
On my 5s, if I am on my second home page, lock my phone, then unlock with Touch ID. I get a white flash in the upper lefthand corner of the screen. Does not happen if I am on the first home screen when I lock, only if I am on the second, and it happens every time.

Anyone else?

This has happened through all versions of iOS 7 since I got my 5s.

Strange, I've never had this issue on any of the betas or stable on my 5s.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
It's only been 2 days of use, but beta 5 has been extremely solid thus far. I'm not saying it's completely bug free, but it's by far the best iOS7 release to date.

Very fluid, fast, and responsive!

Only wish Apple would increase animation after unlock/log in.

Does it stop the god forsaken random rebooting spontaneously when using the 5S?

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
Does it stop the god forsaken random rebooting spontaneously when using the 5S?
Yes, it does stop the re-springs and crashes for a majority of users.

It's still however, not perfect as there are both major and minor bugs yet to be resolved - anyone with a developer membership who frequents Apples iOS beta development forums can attest to the bugs that have been reported and filed.

iOSBry

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Yes, it is rock solid,,,,and hopefully puts an end to the tonne load of dumb threads people are starting here. Never seen so many silly threads on Macrumors in a long time.
If iOS 7.0 were as rock solid as 7.1 beta 5 appears to be, there would be no need to start a "tonne load of dumb threads". Fanboy apologists make me chuckle... claiming that 7.0 was just fine from the very beginning and that those with a complaint were being stupid and childish and yet they acknowledge that 7.1 beta 5 is "better". Better than what? According to you it was already perfect. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.