Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dsiiist

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2013
Hardly worth keeping the app around though is it?

The inability to reply to comments directly, the lousy caching, it's got progressively worse by the update. At one point it even had a nice easy list of your friends and pages on tabs, it's a steaming pile of app as far as I'm concerned.

They're both crap but the app is slightly more stably than the website

dsiiist

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2013
So they haven't? Hard to get straight answers on this forum lol

Lol yeah

Here :
Control Center has a new bounce animation when you toggle it and a new label to show you which app audio is coming from
New iPad Wallpaper
New list view redesign/toggle in CalendarControl Center has a new bounce animation when you toggle it and a new label to show you which app audio is coming from
New iPad Wallpaper
New list view redesign/toggle in Calendar app app
New Power-off slider
Tweaked buttons on the phone app
Tweaked FaceTime, Phone, and Messages app icon
But most importantly, speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Infinus.gold

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2014
How can it NOT be widespread? iPhone5 + iOS7 + Facebook App = Problem. Can't be 100,000s of people with that combination experiencing the same issues (unless they don't realise what app is causing their battery to drain and to them it's Apple's fault?)

I guess Facebook have written a new "Paper" app for iPhone..
which takes advantage of iOS7 interface, 64bit, etc..
May be you should try that and see if guzzles battery in same manner

dsiiist

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2013

It's not even out yet

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA

And at first impression it blows the bloated FB app away. That 100MB+ app is probably getting deleted for me as this seems a lot nicer and has other options like Tech and Headlines all right there. Anyway still spankin new so who knows how it will be but I doubt it can be worst then the regular FB app. That would be hard to do.

dsiiist

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2013
7.1 beta 5 released, we are one step closer and one beta (according to bgr) away

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
7.1 beta 5 released, we are one step closer and one beta (according to bgr) away
It looks like beta 5 expires all the way on April 14th. Beta 4 expires on March 3rd. Seems like a decent jump between the two.

Not sure if it really means anything, although if I recall correctly, the last few betas of 7.0 (and perhaps other releases) expired on the same date and didn't really push the expiration date out further and further.

BittenApple

macrumors 65816
Nov 29, 2008
People are going to like the 7.1 release, whenever it comes out. I am very happy with the improvements that they have had since 7.0.4

dsiiist

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2013
It looks like beta 5 expires all the way on April 14th. Beta 4 expires on March 3rd. Seems like a decent jump between the two.

Not sure if it really means anything, although if I recall correctly, the last few betas of 7.0 (and perhaps other releases) expired on the same date and didn't really push the expiration date out further and further.

According to a new report from macrumors, we are nearing release, they're saying that it'll be released sooner than March

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
According to a new report from macrumors, we are nearing release, they're saying that it'll be released sooner than March
Lets hope that's the case. Although these are still rumors nonetheless.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Lets hope that's the case. Although these are still rumors nonetheless.

Yep, rumors based on built number ....
I think March still is a valid date for release, since beta 5 seems to have some glitches (like airdrop problems)

cookiemonster89

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2012
I still cannot understand why Apple is waiting so long with this update. Especially for the iPad Air owners they should have released a bugfix for the random crashes. It is so annoying when the iPad crashes almost every day. Also the Safari problem with the tabs reloading all the time drives me crazy. How long is the Air on the market? Over 3 months. Come on Apple this cannot be true.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I still cannot understand why Apple is waiting so long with this update. Especially for the iPad Air owners they should have released a bugfix for the random crashes. It is so annoying when the iPad crashes almost every day. Also the Safari problem with the tabs reloading all the time drives me crazy. How long is the Air on the market? Over 3 months. Come on Apple this cannot be true.
Perhaps to actually get things right and not rush out an update that doesn't fully fix the issues or even introduces some new ones.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Perhaps to actually get things right and not rush out an update that doesn't fully fix the issues or even introduces some new ones.

I'm with you.
I'd like to wait another month if it means a truly enhancement on iOS 7 user experience

dsiiist

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2013
Another report, from 9to5mac states that ios 7.1 will indeed release on March

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Be patient 7.1 will be here before you know and most people will not get the cosmetic changes they are looking for

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
Another report, from 9to5mac states that ios 7.1 will indeed release on March

That's half the life of 7, or halfway to iOS 8, just to get a working version of 7. And there might still be some of the same issues. Yikes.

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
That's half the life of 7, or halfway to iOS 8, just to get a working version of 7. And there might still be some of the same issues. Yikes.

That's true. Somehow I think Apple won't introduce iOS 8 this year, or that iOS 8 will be a small step feature-wise from iOS 7. Optimization and stability will be the main focus of iOS 8.
iOS 7 was a necessary step...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
That's true. Somehow I think Apple won't introduce iOS 8 this year, or that iOS 8 will be a small step feature-wise from iOS 7. Optimization and stability will be the main focus of iOS 8.
iOS 7 was a necessary step...
Perhaps similar to how Windows Vista might have been a necessary step for Windows 7.

Infinus.gold

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2014
Be patient 7.1 will be here before you know and most people will not get the cosmetic changes they are looking for

explain
1. 7.1 will be here before you know ?

2. most people will not get the cosmetic changes they are looking for ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.