Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

W1LLk

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
San Antonio
There's a cool thing in maps that quickly shows how long it takes to get to a POI or dropped pin etc.

Also (or at least I didn't notice this before) the 'next' and 'previous' when filling in forms have been replaced by arrows.

I actually really like that. It's going to make my nights out lazier... "oh your at XYZ? ...hell that's 45 minutes away. Pass." haha /lazy

timdawes

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2013
the best thing they've ever done: when you're on a call and get a text/email it's now a split second vibration only. thank you apple <3

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
the best thing they've ever done: when you're on a call and get a text/email it's now a split second vibration only. thank you apple <3
And the sound is somewhat lower for that notification too it seems. Hopefully it's by design and not some sort of a "bug" that will be "fixed" (by getting it back to how it worked before).

greg624

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2013
Indiana
The update to the messages app show the first name and the first initial of the last name.

In my contacts, I have:
Eric Wood
Eric Williams

If the messages app reduces the name of both to "Eric W" how am I supposed to tell who I am talking to easily. I think this update needs to be reverted, like "NOW" because that is going to cause a lot of issues. :mad: :eek:

How about going to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > then just shutting off Short Name??? God. No body looks in settings these days.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 61

deniseathedisco

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2013
notification

my notification center isn't transparent after updating to ios7 beta 4 help!

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    22.7 KB · Views: 76

Aidyn's X

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2010
Today

Has anyone else noticed that in the today part of notification center it now tells you how far you are away from places you would normally be at that time. For instance it tells me how long it would take me to drive to work because it knows I am usually there. Is this new?

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008
Has anyone else noticed that in the today part of notification center it now tells you how far you are away from places you would normally be at that time. For instance it tells me how long it would take me to drive to work because it knows I am usually there. Is this new?

Yea, there's plenty of threads about it.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
New in iOS 7, but been there since beta 1.

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
Ugh, the phone app is getting even uglier!!!! I miss the black phone UI. The white one is ok I guess, but that new one is fugly! Ugh! It reminds me of the old phones we used back in the 80's (with cords and everything).

devilofspades

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
Nope.
eBay was updated in July after the iOS7 beta testing began.
I'll bet that you did update without realizing it.

i'll take that bet!

give me a break. you really think someone who develops ios software is incompitant enough not to realize how and when they updated an app? get out of here. not all of us pirate ios beta builds off the interwebs. some of us actually get them from apple for doing...guess what...beta testing...

i'm sure you can find this on your own if you are a registered developer, but apple specifically states you can not use beta software to publish apps to the app store. since you need xcode 5 dp (which is beta) to deploy ios 7 (which is also beta) apps...i think you get where i am going with this.

smac.css

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2013
I haven't really paid attention to Siri, so I don't know how long this had been around, but if you activate Siri and tap the help button, you can scroll up to see what you asked it last.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
i'll take that bet!

give me a break. you really think someone who develops ios software is incompitant enough not to realize how and when they updated an app? get out of here. not all of us pirate ios beta builds off the interwebs. some of us actually get them from apple for doing...guess what...beta testing...

i'm sure you can find this on your own if you are a registered developer, but apple specifically states you can not use beta software to publish apps to the app store. since you need xcode 5 dp (which is beta) to deploy ios 7 (which is also beta) apps...i think you get where i am going with this.

Read through your convo, and first..You do know that iOS 7 includes an auto update feature, meaning an app can update on your phone with you doing nothing to initiate it, right?

And also, several app updates have come through with mention of iOS 7 in the release notes. Since you're a developer, you must know then that there is a difference between implementing iOS 7 APIs (which you cannot do until iOS 7 is officially released), and optimizing current code to fix your app crashing on devices running iOS 7.

And, specifically regarding eBay, it crashed, then, one day, was updated and began to work. There were tons of posts immediately after the app update to let others know that the app now worked. And, guess what, this was mid-week, AKA was not caused by a beta update.

So..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.