Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
I loved that joystick. You could throw it and it would keep working.

I still have at least 1 in the attic.

I will still say I wish the button was gone and the screen went right to the bottom of the device.

one day, one day

John.B

macrumors 601
Jan 15, 2008
Holocene Epoch
Cellular Data Tracking by App - In Settings / Cellular, users can track cellular data usage on a per-app basis. Apps can have their cellular data access disabled individually as well.

Update Apps Manually - The App Store now updates apps automatically, but for users who prefer to handle things themselves, automatic updates can be disabled via a slider in Settings / iTunes & App Stores.

What would be be great would be the option to turn off updates on a per-app basis (including the update notification count badge on the App Store icon).

1finite

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
I would love quick reply! I'm hoping they add it in later. This is only the beta, so lets hope it gets put in! It would get more use in iOS than OS X. At least for me anyway.

It's way more useful of a feature in iOS. The limited screen real estate and having to have apps full screen makes the feature a necessity for me.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
What would be be great would be the option to turn off updates on a per-app basis (including the update notification count badge on the App Store icon).

I don't need auto updates. I just don't want the app icon to ever badge. I'll DL in iTunes and sync to all devices instead.

HangmanSwingset

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
Everett, WA
It is VERY responsive on the iPhone 4. Framerate is a tad bit laggy, and as a gamer that may quickly become a massive headache. So far I really like it :)

axual

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2007
Looking good

Thank you Jonny ... and Federighi's comical comments during the keynote were great - "we ran out of green felt" and "no virtual cows were harmed" with this new UI design.

baller1308

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2009
There are still some bugs, but overall it's decent for a beta. I still think the icons need some work and folders definitely need some work. A whole screen of gray squares doesn't look good. I don't know why they don't make it transparent.

I guess I was hoping for something similar to this:
977070_10151723584358338_264196884_o.jpg

I think icons with raised elements and shadows would look cool. Could add the perspective effect so the shadow changes based on the light sensor.

marting

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2007
Spotlight already customizable

Additionally, in Settings / General / Spotlight Search, users can manually turn search result categories on and off, as well as change the order results are presented in.
It already does this in iOS 6, and in the exact same location mentioned.

randallking

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2009
Additionally, in Settings / General / Spotlight Search, users can manually turn search result categories on and off, as well as change the order results are presented in.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I've been able to do this in previous iOS versions.

iAmUndefined

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2012
iOS 7

No matter how you feel about iOS 7 ( I like it except the icons) Apple really needed this. They can improve and refine in the future but this change is like a electroshock to Apple's ecosystem and proves that Apple can still innovate.

Jest3r

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2010
As far as quick replies go, you can always create keyboard shortcuts (settings > general > keyboard) for as many quick replies as you need.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
Same here. This is a beautiful piece of software. Even the die-hard android fans I know aren't going on like "ERMAGERD, GOOGLE INVENTED EVERYTHING IN IOS 7 FIRST!" They're basically admitting that they really like iOS 7.

Yeah, I've tuned into a couple of android blogs and it seems the only "fault" that they (the biggest critics) can come up with is "it's a copy!"

regardless of whether you agree...if that's all they can find "wrong" with it, well, good!

1finite

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
As far as quick replies go, you can always create keyboard shortcuts (settings > general > keyboard) for as many quick replies as you need.

Nah, that's not what we are talking about. We are talking about being able to respond from the notification, so we wouldn't have to leave the app we are in to respond to a message. It's a really useful feature if you like gaming or watching movies on your iPhone.

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
GameCenter on and off?

Could anyone that is trying the iOS7 beta tell me if GameCenter has a better way to opt it out? or it's still the painful one where you have to sign out two times at least. Thanks

Jest3r

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2010
Nah, that's not what we are talking about. We are talking about being able to respond from the notification, so we wouldn't have to leave the app we are in to respond to a message. It's a really useful feature if you like gaming or watching movies on your iPhone.
I gotcha. Yes, that would be a welcome addition!

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
So happy Apple Maps has a night mode now.

Oddly enough, I'm going to miss the current look of Apple Maps. I'm not a fan of skeuomorphism, but in the case of Apple Maps, I was a big fan. But I have confidence Ive and his team did an awesome job on the new version.

scotty321

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2003
Does anybody know if Safari for iOS 7 still has the "Reader" function built into it? Not Reading List, but Reader.

baller1308

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2009
Could anyone that is trying the iOS7 beta tell me if GameCenter has a better way to opt it out? or it's still the painful one where you have to sign out two times at least. Thanks
I signed out via the Settings and when you open it it asks for the password. So one sign out seems to be enough.

Does anybody know if Safari for iOS 7 still has the "Reader" function built into it? Not Reading List, but Reader.

I do not see it. I only see Reading List.

I do like how you can set to private browsing within Safari rather than having to go to Settings.

John.B

macrumors 601
Jan 15, 2008
Holocene Epoch
Little tiny but important tidbit- being able to block calls and contacts. I have two entire groups called "Telemarketer" and "Political Spam," currently with "silent" ringtone, I will block them forever....!

I have a contact named Text Spam that has seven screens (!) of numbers, which at least allows me to recognize when I get a text from a number that has spammed me before.

Would a text whitelist be too much to ask?

nazaar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2008
wow... all sounds nice. Almost like everything I ever wanted my iPhone to do... Almost everything...

jonAppleSeed

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2013
Yeah, I've tuned into a couple of android blogs and it seems the only "fault" that they (the biggest critics) can come up with is "it's a copy!"

regardless of whether you agree...if that's all they can find "wrong" with it, well, good!

That, and unfortunately, it seems like it will be as restrictive as iOS6 ie. no default apps, not lock screen customizations, etc etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.