iOS 7 dream

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by vahalla, Jul 26, 2013.

1. vahalla, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013

vahalla macrumors member

Last night I had a dream that the beta 4 was released, and it came out looking exactly the same with just a few bug fixes.

Do you guys actually think this will happen?

I'm not trying to paint it in a bad light, but after trying it for the 5th time, I just can't use it. The control panel makes it really hard to do anything if you have a case. It is not an HP TouchPad, there is no sensor in the base below the screen, so why is the swipe feature all the way at the bottom? And why do we have to depend on that for all the main controls?

Last time I tried beta 3, it was a nightmare. Navigates like glue.

At this point I couldn't care less if it gets released or not.

2. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

3. Lava Lamp Freak macrumors 65816

I think Apple will read bug reports and listen to criticism, and then they will continue to improve iOS 7, as they have since beta 1. I certainly wouldn't expect to see a radical deviation in how things look and work between now and release.

4. batting1000 macrumors 604

The fact that you're having dreams about iOS betas, or any software for that matter, is a little scary.

--

To answer your question, I wouldn't at all be surprised if beta 4 had just big fixes. Apple seems pretty set on the new design and if anything changes design wise, it will definitely be minor.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

If it's a swipe up gesture where else would it be? You don't have to use Control Center--pretty much all the settings and other things present in it are available in all the usual places as before (Settings app and various other apps). Perhaps only the music control and orientation lock are only there.

6. AngerDanger, Jul 26, 2013

AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

7. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

Know what would be epic? If beta 4 was iOS 6.1.2;)

8. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

Wow iOS 7 is in peoples dreams..yeah...nuff said.

9. vahalla thread starter macrumors member

iOS 6 works better, the main reason is control center— I can't keep failing at pulling it up by swiping, I cry.

10. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Fresh air. Get some. Now.

11. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

Double click and be twice as likely to wear out that button early...

12. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

I HAVE A DREAM! THAT iOS 7 BETA 4 WILL HAVE BUG FIXES AND MORE STABLE THAN BETA 3! I HAVE A DREAM!

13. vahalla thread starter macrumors member

I can't stop music when I want to, or change rotation orientation when I want to because

swiping doesn't really work, which renders control center unusable.

14. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

That dream turned out to be a nightmare two weeks ago,eh?

----------

I don't follow.

15. vahalla thread starter macrumors member

Control center doesn't work.

You have to swipe up from the bottom of the phone to access Control Center. It takes multiple swipes to do this.

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sounds like something might be off with the phone you have or something like that. It doesn't seem to be an issue for the vast majority so far (since we'd see tons of threads about it by now), but certainly something that can exist for some of course. Not sure what could really help the situation though. Kind of similar to those with accidental screen unlocks issue that stated with iOS 7.

17. vahalla thread starter macrumors member

I do. Not being on it. I've never seen a software update that is slower than it's predecessor.

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well slower can't fully be judged until the official version is out.

And technically of course newer stuff can run somewhat slower on older hardware as it can require or at least make use of more resources for more things. Pretty much how it's always been even before phones.

19. vahalla thread starter macrumors member

What old hardware, the iPhone 5 just came out. I doubt that.

And that's what Apple is advertising it on so. Unless all of the advertisements on Apple's website are actually 5S's.

20. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

A6 was so yesterday...A7 is where it's at! Wait till you see the A7 run ios7.:cool:

They very well could be advertising it on an A7...Why not?

21. vahalla, Jul 26, 2013

vahalla thread starter macrumors member

Might need something like an A10 for it to work right. How is it supposed to run on 4S, 4's, and the iPhone Plastic.. who knows

22. C DM macrumors Westmere

Not old, but older of course since 5S is certainly already in production so that it can be released very soon

But again, the main part of it is that we are still in early to mid beta phase so performance isn't truly something that can properly be gaged just yet.

23. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

I laughed for 5 straight minutes when I read this dude. So funny lol

24. Shuri macrumors 6502

Vahalla, are you using Notification Center? When I used iOS 7 beta 3 for a day (not a dev so just wanted to give it a try), it had this bug where both NC and CC wouldn't get triggered by any swipe. So it just might be the same bug.

So even if it's not the same bug; is swiping to bring up the NC working for you?

It was on an iPhone 5 btw.

25. stooovie macrumors 6502a

As for needing mutliple swipes to open CC, that's intended behaviour with fullscreen apps. Same as needing to swipe down twice to open NC - the first swipe brings up a handle, the second swipe pulls that handle.