Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Avarize

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2012

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 417

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
With 7.1 so close and fixing safaris issues. Why would they release it the jailbreak now.? :confused: I hope this doesn't mean that 7.1 will be delayed due to this.

I doubt it will be delayed (at the pace Apple has been releasing 7.1 betas, I'd say the final release is still a little ways off). But I'd bet money that the jailbreak exploits will be patched in the final build of 7.1. Really questionable timing of this release. No jailbreak developers were given advance notice so nothing has been updated for iOS 7 or 64 bit devices. And by rushing it out now they've given Apple time to patch it in 7.1, which is a way more stable build of iOS 7 than 7.0.x, especially on the iPad. It's weird because the evad3rs usually have such polished and well-coordinated releases. It's almost like they were rushing to beat someone else to the punch.

The only way releasing the jailbreak now makes sense in my mind is if they have enough exploits in reserve to be confident of a 7.1 jailbreak if Apple patches this one.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
I purposely tried my iPad first, my phone is more critical without a jailbreak.

They'll fix the boot loop soon i supose.

Avarize

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2012
I ended up having to due a DFU restore after a boot loop on the first try. Second try went off without a hitch.

Mazda 3s

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2006
Jailbreaking reset my push notification settings for installed apps. Also I'm unable to access raw file system with ifunbox. Kind of buggy or something. Using iPhone 5s.

Yep, all of my notifications got reset as well.

J. J.

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2012
I doubt it will be delayed (at the pace Apple has been releasing 7.1 betas, I'd say the final release is still a little ways off). But I'd bet money that the jailbreak exploits will be patched in the final build of 7.1. Really questionable timing of this release. No jailbreak developers were given advance notice so nothing has been updated for iOS 7 or 64 bit devices. And by rushing it out now they've given Apple time to patch it in 7.1, which is a way more stable build of iOS 7 than 7.0.x, especially on the iPad. It's weird because the evad3rs usually have such polished and well-coordinated releases. It's almost like they were rushing to beat someone else to the punch.

The only way releasing the jailbreak now makes sense in my mind is if they have enough exploits in reserve to be confident of a 7.1 jailbreak if Apple patches this one.

I was just about to say that.

Britney Spears

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2013
OSX 10.9.1 here.
Successfully JB'd iPhone 4 & iPad 4 on iOS 7.0.4 with no issues. :)

Gotta question the timing, but I'll take it.

utwarreng

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2009
iH8sn0w tweeted that if you updated OTA originally, that you need to backup and do a full restore or you will have problems. Once I was able to force my device into DFU & restore from backup, I was able to jailbreak successfully.

Djlild7hina

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
guess i gotta buy an iPad soon before 7.1 patches the update :p... I'll wait a little to jb my 5s though. now to decide between mini or air.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
guess i gotta buy an iPad soon before 7.1 patches the update :p... I'll wait a little to jb my 5s though. now to decide between mini or air.

This is my problem, my experience so far on the ipad mini retina with iOS 7(7.0 and 7.1beta) is not good. All these Safari crashes. I wish that we're fixed by Apple before the jb was released. I don't want to have to decide between a stable ipad and a jb if Apple patches the exploit.

But of course if they do patch it, I'm sure they'll find another exploit eventually,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.