Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigcstyle4

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2012
Here's what I see happening:
June WWDC: iOS 7 Previewed; iPad 5 Introduced; iPhone 5S Introduced
June: iPad 5 Ships/Launches
July: iPhone 5S Launches with iOS 7
September Keynote: iPad Mini 2 Introduced; "Cheap" iPhone Introduced; iOS 7.1 Previewed
September: iPad Mini 2 and Cheap iPhone Launch with iOS 7.1
November Keynote: iWatch Introduced
November: iWatch Ships

They won't launch the new OS after only a month in beta.

June WWDC: iOS 7 Previewed
September: iPhone 5S Launches with iOS 7
October: iPad Mini 2 Introduced; iPad 5 introduced

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
Meh I don't take anything seriously from a faboi such as Gruber. He's boring.

In fact he's implying that Apple is seriously mismanaged if Apple has to 'pull' engineers from OS X to iOS to finish something (as if throwing more engineers has ever helped solve a problem before - Apple did once do so in the past, but only in light of their surprise success of iOS... the success and importance of iOS is not an unknown factor at Apple today.. though in the imaginations of Gruber it is still 1997) :rolleyes:

So he's an Apple fanboy implying that Apple is mismanaged? Hmm?

Gruber obviously appreciates Apple but he's not afraid to point out those types of missteps.

Illusion986

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
just keep waiting...just keep waiting...waiting...waiting...
Dory.gif

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL

WSJ says that iPhone 5S production has already begun and is possible for a summer debut. Note that the Wall Street Journal is a very reliable source.

Maschil

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2011
Mississippi
boy i hope the new cheap iphone has a huge screen... i cant take using ios 6 on a 3.5 inch screen!!!!!!!!!! and i dont use my phone enough to purchase a iphone 5!!!!

but hey mountain lion is beautiful so i cant complain

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
I don't care all that much about iOS, but I really really hope this means they release a proper version of OS X. The Lion's have been a major letdown, worse than Windows IMO.

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010

Apple's not going dedicated 2 hours of WWDC just for iOS 7.

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
I want them to change everything in ios 7. Every default app and icon just make a change because its boring now.

Candlelight

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
New Zealand
September Keynote: iPad Mini 2 Introduced; "Cheap" iPhone Introduced; iOS 7.1 Previewed

Mac Pros again missed off the list.

:D

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
Mac Pros again missed off the list.

:D

And new Mac Pros somewhere in there.

Kyle Appleseed

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2008
Michigan
“Ive’s work is apparently making many people really happy, but will also apparently make rich-texture-loving designers sad.” - Rene Ritchie

What exactly does this mean? Rich texture? Is that like the Passbook shredding feature? or the Calendar app on the iPad?

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
BILLIONS of dollars and they can't hire more people?

yeah that's what i was thinking. this company is sitting on so much cash - they could double their iOS development team and it wouldn't even make a scratch in the scheme of things profits wise

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
I was so happy to hear Ive was going to take over. Hopefully he'll kill that stupid linen texture. It's time for a big change (home screens are really boring) and that's a great place to start.

Last edited:

camnchar

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2006
iMore's Rene Ritchie follows up Gruber's comments, saying that he's heard that Ive's work with iOS 7 is "making many people really happy, but will also apparently make rich-texture-loving designers sad."

Those designers can follow Forstall right out the door.

york2600

Cancelled
Jul 24, 2002
Portland, OR
Meh I don't take anything seriously from a faboi such as Gruber. He's boring.

In fact he's implying that Apple is seriously mismanaged if Apple has to 'pull' engineers from OS X to iOS to finish something (as if throwing more engineers has ever helped solve a problem before - Apple did once do so in the past, but only in light of their surprise success of iOS... the success and importance of iOS is not an unknown factor at Apple today.. though in the imaginations of Gruber it is still 1997) :rolleyes:

Having been around several projects at software companies when they fall behind you almost always see people get shuffled off of less important projects. Engineers definitely help.

ip4

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2011
“Ive’s work is apparently making many people really happy, but will also apparently make rich-texture-loving designers sad.” - Rene Ritchie

What exactly does this mean? Rich texture? Is that like the Passbook shredding feature? or the Calendar app on the iPad?
I think they are talking about the skeuomorphism (ie notes looking like an actual notebook) that is used in iOS... So yes you were right

5aga

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2003
Gig City
I was so happy to hear I've was going to take over. Hopefully he'll kill that stupid linen texture. It's time for a big change (home screens are really boring) and that's a great place to start.

couldn't agree more.

At this point Apple needs to refresh the UI if they plan on staying on top

wankey

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2005
BILLIONS of dollars and they can't hire more people?

No, they can't. A players always hire A+ players, it's tough to hire a ton of B players to do one A player's worth of work.

Plus adding a ton of people to software actually makes it take longer to make since you gotta get them all caught up.

S

syd430

I don't care. Just don't change the overall restrained nature of the OS. Yes, thats right, I wan't it to be RESTRICTED to keep everything efficient. I'm not a 12 year old that has the time to tinker around with the OS only to have an unreliable system when I need it most. I don't want to be paranoid about what 3rd party packages are being installed and accessing the hordes of highly confidential data on my phone.

Of course, posting this on most places on the internet would mean that I would be labelled technologically inept. Too bad im working towards a Comp Sci masters at a top 1% uni (what would I know about tech?). I think it would be a shock if some of these kids came here and realised that most of the people here that live and breathe code mostly use macs and iphones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.