Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gluben

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
So, from those developers out there that have their hands on the beta, what features would you say are still missing from iOS 7?

I personally don't think there is that much left to add, whether it be to a future update or a major update like iOS 8. The list so far is as follows:
  • The option to "Delete All" mail in folders other than Trash.
  • The option to "Delete All" texts.
  • A Street View-type of technology in Maps.
  • Multiple accounts on one iOS device.
  • Quick Reply.
  • iMessage audio.
  • A "Clear All" option for Notification Centre.
  • The ability to delete pre-installed apps.
  • A file system or centralised area for documents.
  • Plug-ins for default apps.
  • A "Progress Centre" to monitor updates, downloads, music playing etc.
  • An option to close all apps at the same time.
  • The option to turn off the 3D Home Screen view.
  • Manual selection of options in the Control Centre (e.g. turn on hotspots).
I'm sure I'm missing a lot and I'm sure some of the above will be met with some cries of derision, but feel free to discuss.

EDITED to remove NFC since it is a hardware feature, not a software one. Also added everything mentioned so far. :)

Last edited:

JWalker1995

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2011

How you you add NFC into a device that doesn't have NFC?!

NFC needs hardware as well as software. atm, it doesn't have the hardware

Last edited by a moderator:

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
  • Ability to delete preinstalled apps

I actually can't remember what else off of the top of my head...but I hope you can turn off the 3D homescreen thing.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
NFC isn't an OS feature. It's a hardware feature

Still can't change default apps, no user accessible file system or centralized area for documents.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Nothing, cause something is only missing if you actually want it. It has all I want. (User accounts would be cool but i don't have an iPad or share anything, so it doesn't even affect me):)

WesCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Texas
I would still like to see plug ins for Safari (like 1Password) and being able to change the default apps.

RTT

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2012
JWalker1995

I think that was a needless comment, just because someone doesn't know something doesn't mean they are an idiot.

All you needed to say was 'Sorry but NFC needs changes to hardware so would only be available with a new phone'

furam90

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
Still no quick reply? Why is it so hard for apple to implement something so easy and useful?

elektrobank

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2007
They have notification center, control center, but they need to add status to one of those so I can get a view of everything currently running on my phone. Like the progress of any apps that are downloading files, any music playing, any timers running, ect. That's the one feature they forgot to copy from Android.

And then they need to fire the 10 year old who designed all their hideous icons and design some new ones.

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2009
1) Hotspot toggle in Control Center. Actually, they should allow us to choose which ones we want to access.

2) A "Clear All" notifications button. One button clears everything, including badges.

Gluben

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
JWalker1995

I think that was a needless comment, just because someone doesn't know something doesn't mean they are an idiot.

All you needed to say was 'Sorry but NFC needs changes to hardware so would only be available with a new phone'

It's okay, I fully expected it. Didn't see his original post anyway! But I've edit my one.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
Delete all texts would be nice. Also, iMessage audio. Not Facetime Audio. I want to respond at my convenience. I also don't want to use voice memos (which are nowhere to be found).

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
Well that's what the iPhone event will be about. They surely have some exciting features that they are holding back until the hardware release.

Gluben

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
Well that's what the iPhone event will be about. They surely have some exciting features that they are holding back until the hardware release.

Indeed, and I suspect NFC or it's Apple equivalent, being more hardware-related, will be one of them.

Pattycerts

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
I really expected the ability to shrink icons and make them 5 across and 6 rows. Oh well, after being jailbroken for so long the regular size icons look HUGE

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.