Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
Guess you missed it. 8.0.1 was released hours ago. 8.0.2 will be out tomorrow at 10 am. 8.0.3 will be out 4 hours later and will address all complaints received in the last 3 hours, ignoring all complaints arising in the first hour.

On the plus side, your ISP will love you and send you a bill for your increased data usage from downloading all the updates.

Burbulator

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
Guess you missed it. 8.0.1 was released hours ago. 8.0.2 will be out tomorrow at 10 am. 8.0.3 will be out 4 hours later and will address all complaints received in the last 3 hours, ignoring all complaints arising in the first hour.

On the plus side, your ISP will love you and send you a bill for your increased data usage from downloading all the updates.

Well...

What's the reason to publish 8.0.1 today and 8.0.2 already tomorrow and then 8.0.3 in 4 hours ???

Good joke :D

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
I think Apple wants to get HealthKit fixed first. Releasing iOS 8 without it was an embarrassment but releasing an update that does't fix it will just add to it.

I agree. Don't think the update will come until HealthKit is fixed which they said would be by months end

aced411

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
Guessing one cannot downgrade now eh? Firmware incompatible message going on now.

Somehow I got around that message by putting my phone in and out of restore mode, exiting and launching iTunes. After a handful of times it allowed the install. So glad it worked, my phone was a flipping disaster

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
I'm still wondering why everyone's so anxious for IOS 8.01... Get with the times people.. I'm already using IOS 9.3.1 and testing the beta for IOS 10 (code named "Hershey's Bar") :eek:

Keep up people :D

MacAlien

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2012
Boston
Did you download the correct ipsw? There's a GSM and a CDMA one, depending on your carrier.

Yep. Tried both for 5c and neither worked. :(

----------

Somehow I got around that message by putting my phone in and out of restore mode, exiting and launching iTunes. After a handful of times it allowed the install. So glad it worked, my phone was a flipping disaster

Hmm I'll try that now and see how it goes. If all else fails, I have a hammer ready to be used out of frustration! :)

Brandon263

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2009
Beaumont, CA
Yep. Tried both for 5c and neither worked. :(

----------

Hmm I'll try that now and see how it goes. If all else fails, I have a hammer ready to be used out of frustration! :)

Yep I would try again. If it brings up incompatible firmware as soon as you option click restore, it means that you have an incorrect ipsw or your ipsw is corrupt/didn't download properly.

If iTunes extracts the software and then brings up the incompatible firmware message when "verifying with Apple" then they're not signing it anymore.

Good luck!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
He doesn't. He made it up.
He/she does seem to know some things from the carrier side, so sometimes more than the general public and even developers as carriers get earlier builds of updates to do their validation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.