Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
What am I supposed to think?

Apple could have 1 beta all summer or 20, either way the final version will be release in Sept, so makes no sense to be hovering over when a beta will be released, just let it happen.

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2013
so the article says it might be released next monday or the week after. i think a monkey could have guessed that. some journalist that wrote that article.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Ugh, they seem to just be guessing based on previous time between betas. They then say a source confirms this, but that it could be a week earlier. Lol. To say it will be 2 or 3 weeks from the last beta is a pretty standard guess.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
I can't stand misleading headlines.

Headline - "Apple is set to release iOS 8 beta 4 on July 28"

Article - "Apple is likely to release iOS 8 beta 4 to developers on Monday, July 28."

wolsoncpa

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2013

Article - "Apple is likely to release iOS 8 beta 4 to developers on Monday, July 28."

Exactly. Headline = grab their attention, Article = totally different than what headline said.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
One of these days in the near future or so iOS 8 beta 4 most likely will be released. Gotta publish articles about that and seek opinions about those articles.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

That's pretty common for a Bryan Wolfe article.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Beta 3 expires on august 21. I think it will be released next monday.
It's been a fairly good theory and fit in fairly well, but even with iOS 7 it stopped working with some of the later betas, so it probably will stop fitting in with some later betas with iOS 8 as well.

DoctorKrabs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
Beta 3 expires on august 21. I think it will be released next monday.

I believe this as well, the expiration date occurs exactly one month after the release of the next beta, at least usually. If not, it's earlier.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
so the article says it might be released next monday or the week after. i think a monkey could have guessed that. some journalist that wrote that article.

Was visiting the zoo this morning and saw your post. Went to the monkeys and asked when do you think the next beta will come out? One came up, sniffed his butt and scratched his head, and said july 28 in monkey language...

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Really, I will never understand people like you. If you don't like my thread, just don't enter. Is speculation prohibited by MR forum rules? I don't think so.

But the thing is, I don't understand people like you.

You basically thread bombed the forum.

You just posted a link, you never explained why you posted, you never gave an opinion, nothing.

It was completely useless.

Why did you post? Was it about the rumor, where you excited about another release of a beta version? the reliability of the source???

It took me 2 minutes to come up with topics I have very little interest in.

You asked me to ignore your post but then you create a bait title like "IOS 8 beta 4".
So, how about making it more truthful, try this next time and I will happily ignore:

Article speculating the next beta release version, please talk about it!

But that doesn't get much replies, does it?

;)

alezano

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2014
Italy
But the thing is, I don't understand people like you.

You basically thread bombed the forum.

You just posted a link, you never explained why you posted, you never gave an opinion, nothing.

It was completely useless.

Why did you post? Was it about the rumor, where you excited about another release of a beta version? the reliability of the source???

It took me 2 minutes to come up with topics I have very little interest in.

You asked me to ignore your post but then you create a bait title like "IOS 8 beta 4".
So, how about making it more truthful, try this next time and I will happily ignore:

Article speculating the next beta release version, please talk about it!

But that doesn't get much replies, does it?

;)

I'm sorry but you completely missed my point. I just wanted an opinion from you if that article could have been right or not, or if someone knew the reliability of that site in predicting this kind of things. Do you think I spend my time here just to get the major number of replies?

I tell you again - go hijack another thread please.

Rizwanshaibaz

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2014
Apple can release IOS 8 beta 4 today also because last year apple released IOS 7 beta 4 with in 8 days only .. no two weeks or three weeks so dont trust any source.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I'm sorry but you completely missed my point. I just wanted an opinion from you if that article could have been right or not, or if someone knew the reliability of that site in predicting this kind of things. Do you think I spend my time here just to get the major number of replies?

I tell you again - go hijack another thread please.
Reliability of predictions...they wouldn't be called predictions if they were reliable.

nheilweil

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Redmond, WA
I'd love it if Apple released beta 4 today as I just opened my 60th bug (21 are still open).

Then again, I'd love it if someone brought me a bowl of ice cream right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.