Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
It's probably intended. The newest betas of both have always been required for the features to work. This is the same as with AirDrop in the iOS 7 betas. You couldn't AirDrop from a newer beta to an older beta. Technically, Public Beta 1 is an old beta when compared to the latest DP5.

flightmedic

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2011
Oklahoma City Ok
Thanks. Then I'm going to hold off on upgrading. That was all I really wanted from the beta.

It's probably intended. The newest betas of both have always been required for the features to work. This is the same as with AirDrop in the iOS 7 betas. You couldn't AirDrop from a newer beta to an older beta. Technically, Public Beta 1 is an old beta when compared to the latest DP5.

npenelopex

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2014
Is anyone else having trouble pulling up the notification and control centers from the home screen? It works fine on the lock screen, just not on the home screen

bova80

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Does anyone else have an issue with single pressing the home button registering as a double press? It's very annoying when trying to go back to home screen and it keeps popping up the multi-task view. I even tried resetting the home button press and everything.

DomC

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
OK, here's a silly one. In iOS7 if Button Shapes is turned on it seems to make anything that is a hyperlink get underlined as well. For instance almost every line in Contacts and the To and From addresses in Mail. Kinda silly. Why it does this I have no clue since links aren't buttons, so either this was a bug or Apple thinks differently.
Does the same thing happen in iOS8 when Button Shapes is turned on?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
OK, here's a silly one. In iOS7 if Button Shapes is turned on it seems to make anything that is a hyperlink get underlined as well. For instance almost every line in Contacts and the To and From addresses in Mail. Kinda silly. Why it does this I have no clue since links aren't buttons, so either this was a bug or Apple thinks differently.
Does the same thing happen in iOS8 when Button Shapes is turned on?
Button Shapes isn't necessarily limited to just what would be buttons (despite the name of the option), it's basically for anything that is actionable.

DomC

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Button Shapes isn't necessarily limited to just what would be buttons (despite the name of the option), it's basically for anything that is actionable.

Interesting. I don't see how highlighting a word in a menu area for navigation can be seen as the same as almost every line in Contacts..
So maybe the name should be "Button Shapes and Fugly Looking Links"!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Interesting. I don't see how highlighting a word in a menu area for navigation can be seen as the same as almost every line in Contacts..
So maybe the name should be "Button Shapes and Fugly Looking Links"!
Well, I think most items in contacts are actionable--taping on a phone number makes a call, tapping on an email address starts an email, tapping on an address maps it out, etc.

theonekcrow

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Indiana
I updated my post of bug # 15.

SMS Relay now works with Macs running Public Beta 2. However, App Handoff still does not work.

RipeRetina

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2009
Maryland
Cannot Edit Photos

iphone 5 32gb here, having issues in photo app. Select the Edit then select Crop at the bottom left. It crashes photo app everytime. Anyone else experiencing this?

Cancelled
Apr 14, 2008
Yeah poor me!! You know what!? I think that Apple should change it back to the way I like it because the world revolves around me! :p

Haha, they should. Everything revolves around The Doctor right? "Doctor Who?!" they'll say, and then it'll hit them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.