iOS 8 GM seeded to developers

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
Can't you install Ota eventually?
Not to the GM per-say but to the official release on the 17th you could OTA update. However, i and many many others always recommend doing a clean install and setup as a new phone on the major yearly releases. Best to start from scratch so nothing previous hinders performance.

April Knight

Suspended
Jul 24, 2011
Olympia, WA
Hopefully iTunes 12 receives an update so that I can restore as new with the GM. So far, any time a device is plugged in while in recovery mode (or enters recovery mode as part of a restore), it instantly crashes.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Ok, why is the ios8 GM seed greyed out for me?
Do I have to accept the new license agreement first?

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
Ok, why is the ios8 GM seed greyed out for me?
Do I have to accept the new license agreement first?
actually yes i think so, i logged in and the GM was not there, then i noticed i had to accept the new agreement, after that the GM appeared. It could have been coincidence though.

don55

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2013
Hopefully iTunes 12 receives an update so that I can restore as new with the GM. So far, any time a device is plugged in while in recovery mode (or enters recovery mode as part of a restore), it instantly crashes.
If you download Xcode 6 Beta 7 and open it, that will solve the iTunes 12 crashing problem. A free developer account registration will allow the Xcode download.

mmomega

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
If you have Xcode 6, just open Xcode and then iTunes 12 and things will work as normal.