Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

hunt2013

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2011
Lol true, I hear that indexing thing since 8.0 and its lags everywhere even on lastest devices. I guess iOS will never be as fluid and responsive as iOS 6 or 7, we'll have to get used to it.
Nah it's just always indexing ;)

Stupotpot

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I'm not getting this at all - still showing as normal with a white background
It seems I'm an idiot. I left the phone installing the update whilst I did the dishes...came back and it was on the home screen so assumed it was done.

I just checked software update again and see the OTA option. Looks like I was on beta 1 all along..... :D

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
I'm really curious about the temporary deletion if apps to make room for system updates. That is a really cool idea. I wonder how they will handle save data though. Will it all resume normally afterwards, like you never deleted the app? Some apps hoard lots of cache data too.

Reactions: XTheLancerX

bkends35

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2013
USA
I'm really curious about the temporary deletion if apps to make room for system updates. That is a really cool idea. I wonder how they will handle save data though. Will it all resume normally afterwards, like you never deleted the app? Some apps hoard lots of cache data too.

Probably just temporarily backs it up to iClould like a backup does.

mizxco

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2014

I'm guessing app data is not removed for a period of time, maybe until a restart.
I deleted an app and re-synced from iTunes, app data was still intact.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Still not perfect, but i'm noticing much better responsiveness across the entire system on my 6 Plus.

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
I'm guessing app data is not removed for a period of time, maybe until a restart.
I deleted an app and re-synced from iTunes, app data was still intact.

Maybe it handles such data similar to how it handles memory. It will keep the data around but mark it for deletion until a process needs more space. Similar to a hidden rubbish bin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.