Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Spotlight's animation stuttering is completely gone. Scrolling in Tapatalk app is choppy, I have no idea why.

Here's a video:

Happens to me too.Tapatalk stutters more on my iPhone 6 than on my Nexus 5.This "Metal" ruins everything taking us back to Android era

Reactions: februarian

thed0g

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2015
Spotlight's animation stuttering is completely gone. Scrolling in Tapatalk app is choppy, I have no idea why.

Here's a video:

You don't see the stutter when scrolling Settings app with app icons ? Jesus. The Tapatalk is choppy because of the same issue iOS 9 is choppy, as it was since beta1 and other apps are choppy as well because of it. They didn't fix jack ****.

Thanks for the video though, I've just submitted it to apple.com/feedback as usual.

Last edited:

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
You don't see the stutter when scrolling Settings app with app icons ? Jesus. The Tapatalk is choppy because of the same issue iOS 9 is choppy, as it was since beta1 and other apps are choppy as well because of it. They didn't fix jack ****.
I have reported that stutter in scrolling down apps settings ->Mobile data since 9.0 but it's never fixed .Area was perfectly smooth in 8.4.1

Prabas

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2010
Europe

Thanks for the video though, I've just submitted it to apple.com/feedback as usual.
Of course I saw it, I just didn't mention it.

thedonofdeath

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2015
How is your LTE signal normally?

Normally it's great. Never had a issues on my iPhone 5 or new 6s. I don't have the 5 to test anymore but I restored 3 times on 6s and each time it did the same thing. On 8.1 carrier version is 22.1 and on beta 2 it's 22.5. Not sure if that has any effect.

Nevaborn

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2013
Battery life has took a kick to the face with this second beta. Safari can take nearly 10% in roughly 30 mins, it is proving to be a terrible power hog.

Kelowna77

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2013
I'm wondering if anybody else has had this issue. I am on an iPhone 6s and since the latest update I have been unable to send photos to any SMS contacts. The camera icon is just greyed out so you don't even have the option of attaching a picture. It does not happen with iMessage contacts just ones that it would send via actual MMS. This has just been happening in the past day or so. Has anybody else had this problem or found a way to fix it?

Kelowna77

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2013
Fixed in iOS 9.2b2.
I've had this problem since the iOS 9 beta and it still happening. It happens when you have are you using the landscape mode app and something else get swap too. I have to pulled up unlock the rotation and switch it back and then lock it again. It's something I've just learned to live with lol

GCHASE1995

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2015
Music is syncing to my iPod touch 5 so slow. And sometimes it's faster. It'll show a song on iTunes as being synced but it's not appearing on my iPod

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
I'm getting significantly better battery life out of my iPad Air 2. I noticed it immediately when the PB2 came out but held off on commenting until I was sure it wasn't the placebo effect.

Reactions: The Doctor11

Nevaborn

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2013
Have tried resetting the 6S+ but 9.2b2 Safari is still taking near 10% = 30 mins.

This is rubbish. 9.02 the battery life on this phone was stunning but 9.1 onwards it is well I can't type here what it is.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
In addition to Tapatalk there is also huge scroll stutter in Google Calendar.Something has seriously gotten wrong in the scroll code of iOS .Even Android isn't this bad in apps

Cakefish

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2015
In addition to Tapatalk there is also huge scroll stutter in Google Calendar.Something has seriously gotten wrong in the scroll code of iOS .Even Android isn't this bad in apps
Marshmallow is incredible. My previous phone, the Nexus 5, feels incredibly smooth compared to its successor my new Z5 Compact (which is still on Lollipop), despite the latter having more powerful hardware. That wasn't the case when the Nexus was still on Lollipop.

iOS 9 is akin to Android's Lollipop and Windows' Vista. Just outright messes. Google and Microsoft learnt from their mistakes. Will Apple?

Reactions: haulis

Prabas

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2010
Europe
2540539b53255d64aacb472e9460b5d9.jpg

Looks good to me.

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
Marshmallow is incredible. My previous phone, the Nexus 5, feels incredibly smooth compared to its successor my new Z5 Compact (which is still on Lollipop), despite the latter having more powerful hardware. That wasn't the case when the Nexus was still on Lollipop.

iOS 9 is akin to Android's Lollipop and Windows' Vista. Just outright messes. Google and Microsoft learnt from their mistakes. Will Apple?

As someone who had a nexus 6p next to me right now, and notwithstanding the mediocre battery life, while I'm enjoying marshmallow, it still has janky animations and scrolling which would never fly with iOS users.

Cakefish

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2015
As someone who had a nexus 6p next to me right now, and notwithstanding the mediocre battery life, while I'm enjoying marshmallow, it still has janky animations and scrolling which would never fly with iOS users.

Yes it doesn't fly with iOS users. That's exactly why so many of us are complaining about it!

Reactions: thed0g

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

What's the "outright messes" (especially when compared to early iOS 8 or 7 versions)?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It's an outright mess compared to 8.4.1
And the "outright mess" part is what again? Are we really still referring to animation stutter in a few places as a major issue? If that's what's being refrenced then no need to go any further since that's been beaten beyond death. I was trying to see if there were perhaps actual major issues someone was experiencing that were actually crippling or horrific, but with a few exceptions here and there (which aren't unusual with pretty much any updates) that hasn't seemed to be the case.

Reactions: permar
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.