iOS 9.3 Beta 2 Bug fixes, Changes and Performance Improvements

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Prabas, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. Prabas thread starter macrumors 6502a

Prabas

Sorry, but 3D Touch isn't lagging at all. It's completely smooth.

2. Tubamajuba macrumors 68020

Interesting. On my phone, I can count all three frames of animation. But I'm not one of those people that assumes everyone has to see exactly what I'm seeing. :D

Also when in landscape mode, the icons on the right in the Control Center are chopped off. Again, 6s Plus.

3. Speedman100 macrumors 6502

Speedman100

Hey yo, you're right about both those things. On my iPhone 6s Plus in hamburger orientation, I have the icons cut off in Control Center and the 3D Touch is for sure choppier.

4. vertsix macrumors 65816

vertsix

Is the Night Shift toggle even present on an iPhone 5s on iOS 9.3 beta 2? Can someone check this for me?

I'm wondering because the width on the screen on an iPhone 5s is barely enough to fit the four toggles at the bottom.

5. mrnoisytiger macrumors newbie

mrnoisytiger

Did they fix the iPad Pro Apple Pencil scrolling support?

6. ravenseb macrumors member

ravenseb

7. Prabas thread starter macrumors 6502a

Prabas

Bug: open, for example, Instagram app scroll to video, hit home button and 3D Touch an icon. There is no Taptic feedback. Do it quickly.

8. ahildebrand12 macrumors newbie

ahildebrand12

I actually disagree. The control center animation on my iPhone 6 is completely smooth on Beta 2. 100% 60FPS smooth. On Beta 1, it was also smooth, but not on the lockscreen or while playing a song. In Beta 2, it's smooth all the time. I am now installing it on an iPhone 5s and will update this with what I find on there.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 25, 2016 ---

Attached Files:

9. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Here's a video of the new control panel Night Shift button

10. Sumter macrumors 6502

Sumter

Seeing the exact same problem on the 6s Plus I received today. Updated to 9.3 beta and restored everything through iCloud and updated to 9.3 beta 2 after I noticed it. Wow, I only heard about this "lag" on 6s Plus which I hardly believed but after seeing it first-hand I am disappointed. What could possibly be making it lag so horribly in landscape mode? And what's up with that cut off icon on the right side? Everything else has been completely smooth so far.

Edit: right after posting this and trying landscape mode 3d touch again, it's suddenly completely smooth. I am really confused. The icons on the right in control center in landscape mode are still cut off though. Very weird.

11. t0mat0, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016

t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Is the map directions when searching in the Safari app,
    using Safari search bar /url bar new to 9.3b2 or been there previously?
    e.g. type in 'London Bridge" - Get a Maps link, then below that Google Search results

Click on Maps link and yo then get a whole page on the POI.

Pictures, Yelp reviews, Directions, Map, Wiki, Photos and reviews all on one, with options to create contact etc.

Attached Files:

12. nordique macrumors 65816

Smooth as butter on my 6s

Shame the wallpaper shortcut is gone now from settings....ill send apple a bug report :D

13. ravenseb macrumors member

ravenseb

It's there for me on 6s plus

14. ravenseb, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  15. Aquamite macrumors 6502

Aquamite

Night Shift eye icon looks like a lemmon.

16. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Using general search from home screen typing London Bridge gives a Maps link, goes to same page .as image above Looks like they're linking things together for Maps a bit more.

Can just put a postcode into general search and get a Maps link in the search results, but POI give more result info

17. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

New cc toggle is cool but I strongly dislike the icon. I think the lamp seen on the Canadian site is perfect. Also I feel all the bottom row buttons in cc are way too small at on my iPhone 6 now. I really hope Apple makes those buttons bigger instead of having so much dead space.

18. nordique macrumors 65816

very strange. I could swear I didn't have it, similar to Prabas (post #23 of this thread)

But, I just did a cold reboot and now I have it.

Odd.

19. TurnerMartin macrumors regular

TurnerMartin

Its horrible

20. nordique macrumors 65816

And now its gone! just like post #23!

21. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

This is great to hear. I'm glad they were able to get this working so quickly.

So on the flip side, with this option toggled the other way, does that mean that when I add a playlist from the For You section, that the songs within the playlist get added to my library as well? Because before, they weren't getting added, but I would personally prefer it if they did. If so, it's nice they're giving each user the ability to choose how they prefer it.

22. HansumKingtut Suspended

HansumKingtut

Is the News app for anyone else Hanging on launch then just crashing? Mine just keeps doing it constantly, it won't load anything, I just launch it, it sits there for about 10-15 secs then just crashes.

23. liquidsuns macrumors 6502

Yes

24. omegis83 macrumors 6502

Mine did the same thing. It was in the background before I updated. Killing the app and relaunching seems to have fixed it for now.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.