Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The Public Beta ones have. Just look at 8.3 and 8.4.

Trust me: you'll be able to simply update it.
They got the GM (was there even a GM released for those versions?), or they simply got the final publicly released version?

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
They got the GM (was there even a GM released for those versions?), or they simply got the final publicly released version?

There wasn't really GM versions of 8.3 and 8.4. Final PB builds before the official releases were the same as the final builds DP got. Which I guess we're essentially same as what the public got for official releases. So kinda GM but they weren't labeled as GM or anything. Just as an example, Beta 4 --> release and was OTA.

There will probably be a GM OTA this time around. The reason there hasn't been in the past is because there never has been a Public Beta for iOS on a x.0 release. I say "probably" because if you go by the Public Beta Program of last summer with Yosemite. That got all three GM candidates, just the same as the DP. That shows GM isn't exclusive to Devs. (Yes OS X is a different thing, but as far as Public Beta goes, that is the only data we have on how apple handles it for a new OS release.)

ApexDE

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2008
Anyone knows when the GMs have been available in past Apple Events? After the event or shortly after the beginning?
I Sadly i have to leave one hour after the beginning but would like to take the GM on my iOS Device with me ;)

Cobold

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Dieburg, Germany
Anyone knows when the GMs have been available in past Apple Events? After the event or shortly after the beginning?
I Sadly i have to leave one hour after the beginning but would like to take the GM on my iOS Device with me ;)
Definitely after the event, and as I remeber not directly after the event ended but sometime during the "event day"...

xero9

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2006
I'm wondering about the public beta users. Will we have to wait until the 16th? Hopefully not..

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
I bet 9.1 has more to do with the iPad Pro than any new features to iOS9 for iphone.

I just don't see any major changes in a beta 1 the game day as the GM.

Reactions: skwood

Illumiiinati

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2015

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 11.26.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 11.26.09 PM.png
    95.5 KB · Views: 164

skwood

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
England
OTA taking an age to check for updates. Maybe OTA from beta will be available this time. Downloading the ipsw to be safe

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.