iOS releases today, 09/18/13. Will you be upgrading?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by WhiteIphone5, Sep 17, 2013.

?

Upgrading?

Poll closed Sep 20, 2013.
  1. Yes, My body is ready!

    232 vote(s)
    71.8%
  2. No thanks, sticking with iOS 6

    41 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. iOS 7? I'm ready for 8! :)

    50 vote(s)
    15.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteIphone5 macrumors 65816

    WhiteIphone5

    Joined:
    May 27, 2011
    Location:
    Lima, Peru
    #1
    Personally I'm sticking with iOS 6 on my mini. Tried GM on it and I don't like it.
     
  2. Fzang macrumors 65816

    Fzang

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2013
    #2
    There's still such a terribly long time until "today" when you live in Beijing :(
     
  3. Nermal Moderator

    Nermal

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2002
    Location:
    New Zealand
    #3
    I'm not updating immediately. I plan to get a 5s but it's not listed on the Apple or Telecom sites in NZ yet, and the AU site doesn't accept addresses outside Australia (which seems a bit stupid when Apple's being investigated there for price fixing and geoblocking, but I digress).

    I intend to keep my 4S on 6.1.3 in the meantime, then when I sell it I'll let the buyer choose which version to have.
     
  4. mepsi macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2013
  5. Armen macrumors 604

    Armen

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2013
    Location:
    127.0.0.1
    #5
    Where's the "I'm Already on iOS 7" option? half of us are on the GM version including me.
     
  6. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

    12vElectronics

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2013
    Location:
    California
  7. 41qser macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2007
    #7
    obviously... no good reason not to other than unreasonable fears and other such silliness.
     
  8. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

    darkfiber

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2008
    Location:
    Columbus, OH USA
    #8
    I kinda was hoping the new version of iTunes would come out that supports iOS 7 first (I am running Windows). Because after I update to iOS 7 I won't be able to connect to iTunes to copy over any music I might want to add to my iPhone.

    ----------

    I think that counts as the "iOS 7? I'm ready for 8!" option.
     
  9. moargolems macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2011
    Location:
    Finland
    #9
    The GM version for iPad 2 wasn't convincing enough, so sticking with iOS 6 for now.
     
  10. bdrake47 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2012
  11. Marrakas macrumors 6502

    Marrakas

    Joined:
    May 23, 2012
    #11
    of course. it would be ridiculous not to.
    By the way, does anyone know the time it will come out today, or havent they said anything?
     
  12. WhiteIphone5 thread starter macrumors 65816

    WhiteIphone5

    Joined:
    May 27, 2011
    Location:
    Lima, Peru
    #12
    iOS 7 Will become available approximately

    1:00 PM Eastern

    12:00 PM Central

    11:00 AM Mountain

    10:00 AM Pacific

    6:00 PM London

    9:00 PM Moscow

    2:00 AM Tokyo (Next Day)
     
  13. pappus macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2013
    #13
    for Greece that means 8pm?if so,i"ll be home and yes,i am updating right away.
     
  14. moargolems macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2011
    Location:
    Finland
    #14
    Yeah, same thing in Finland.
     
  15. iAppParker macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
  16. gogo2 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2013
    #16
    I'm ready to rant after upgrading my iPhone 4 and iPad 2. See ya! :D
     
  17. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

    Macman45

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2011
    Location:
    Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
    #17
    It's going to depend on whether or not my 5 sells today or not...If I don't have a firm buyer by tonight ( have several people interested ) then I will probably do the upgrade...otherwise I'll wait until I get my 5S and let the buyer decide what flavour of IOS they want on the 5.
     
  18. Garyx24 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2013
    #18
    already on IOS 7 GM
     
  19. PaulOBrain macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2013
    Location:
    UK
    #19
    5 is upgraded, will not be upgrading the iPad yet.
     
  20. ReanimationN macrumors 6502a

    ReanimationN

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2011
    Location:
    Australia
    #20
    I'll hold off to see if there's any major issues first.
     
  21. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2013
    #21
    This is Apple not Microsoft. There won't be any major issues with iOS 7 which has been strenuously tested.

    I'll be upgrading the second it becomes available on all my devices.
     
  22. ChazUK macrumors 603

    ChazUK

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2008
    Location:
    Essex (UK)
    #22
    Already got my iPhone 4 & 5 on the GM build bit I'll be updating my iPad 2 and mini OTA today.
     
  23. Blau macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2013
    Location:
    Redlands, CA
    #23
    Already on GM, just waiting on itunes 11.1 so I can get my music back!
     
  24. TheRainKing macrumors 6502a

    TheRainKing

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2012
    #24
    I'll be putting it off for as long as possible. I don't think it's going to be as well received as Apple believe.
     
  25. ReanimationN macrumors 6502a

    ReanimationN

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2011
    Location:
    Australia
    #25
    Sounds like iOS 7 for the iPad certainly isn't ready, I use my iPhone for work, I want it to have as few issues as possible. There's been issues with previous iOS and OS X updates before, I'm not risking anything for the sake of having iOS 7 a bit sooner.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page