Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ShavedApe

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Definitely seems like its just a case of patience will win over in the end I think I was on my 4th or 5th attempt and it finally worked

tkline98

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
My iPhone updated a couple hours ago with no problems. I just tried updating my iPad, and I get the "...iPad could not be restored. An internal error occurred."

Apple's iOS5 software works just fine. Be patient - you will be rewarded.

BigTroll

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2010
Apple sucks, so far tried 4 times to update my iPad 2 with my macbook, I guess the it just works is the cake is a lie.

richter17

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2011
Erased iPhone

Tried to update a few times and then finally it looked as if it was working. Stopped mid way through and now phone won't turn on.

Connected to iTunes and it says iPhone is in recovery mode and needs to be restored. Good thing I just did a back-up earlier this morning.

Downside is, I kind of need my phone to be working right now. Going to keep trying until it works.

sternfalter

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_2) AppleWebKit/534.51.22 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1.1 Safari/534.51.22)

Restart your computer.

Macopotamus

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
I think it's a server problem with Apple. Download the firmware and install it manually, hasn't failed me on any of my devices yet.

jammatth

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Reboot worked for me...

My iPad 2 gave me the same error several times in a row. Tried a reboot of the iPad and it worked on my next attempt...

adub83

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
Finally got it to work, restoring now, perfecting timing, 5:02 eastern time and on my way out the door.

oodl

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2011
maybe i got lucky but no problems updating to ios 5. i just updated it within the last 15 mins.

i downloaded the ipsw directly from apple instead of going through itunes to download the update. follow these instructions: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1247406/

i also made sure to have the most up to date itunes and lion sw updates.

i am on a 32gb verizon iphone 4.

texasaggie13

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
3GS- same problem here

I'm on my third try on a 3GS, same error. I would have to agree it's most likely a server error from the billions of other people trying to update their devices.

Pheo

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2011
Errors in the 3200 range relate to gs.apple.com not being available; hence I'm not surprised some errors are changing to apple.com not available, and I'm not surprised its working for some people (Auth message managing to get through).

Just life, I guess.

mattyuk

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2009
Cumbria
Haha how very odd. Ive been trying since around 7pm to download it, look at articles online about it then I think ill come on Macrumors to have a gander on the subject. Go back to iTunes and try - BAM! - downloading.

Cheers Macrumors!

eaunoire

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2008
Mine keeps getting the apple logo, spinning wheel and progress bar in a loop, cant do anything with it. Not recognised in itunes either :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.