Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IsaacM

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
It's restoring now, I hope I don't have to go through another one of the nightmarish ''verification'' from Apple.

jsoto

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2010
Chicago
Apple’s iOS 5 upgrade servers are slammed, causing 3200 or “internal error” update is

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2011/10...causing-3200-or-internal-error-update-issues/

We all love Apple!:D
If you’re having problems updating your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to iOS 5, you’re not alone. We’re getting reports across the board that many are having issues updating to the latest version of Apple’s iOS software, released today.

The issues seem to center around the point at which iTunes contacts Apple’s servers to verify and activate the update process. The issues are likely due to the fact that Apple’s servers are slammed and are only handling ‘half’ of the requests. This information comes via Jay Freeman, AKA Saurik, an iPhone jailbreaker and the creator of the Cydia app store for jailbroken iPhones.

To anyone getting “An internal error occurred.” (3200) while installing iOS 5.0, Apple’s servers are swamped, and failing half the requests.

A 3200, or “internal error”, message is being given to those attempting to update their devices and many are reporting success after trying the update process 5 or even 10 times.

fernando.kreutz

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2010
brazil
These errors seems to be related to Apple servers. After a lot of 3002 errors and some 3004, reading a Apple document related to this errors suggested to close iTunes and flush the dns cache trough terminal, with this command: dscacheutil -flushcache

And you know what? It did the trick.

Richie G

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Did you use pure sugar or a substitute such as Equal or Splenda? I just want to make sure I get it right as the error can be frustrating. Thanks :p

It was real cane sugar packaged by Tate and Lyle. And half fat milk.

Biggy Smalls

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2011
I guess Apple is working the 3200 error. I just tried updating for the third time and usually get the 3200 error right after the extracting software phase. This time instead of a 3200 error, I got an error that plainly said itunes could not contact the apple software update server and to try later.

IsaacM

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
These errors seems to be related to Apple servers. After a lot of 3002 errors and some 3004, reading a Apple document related to this errors suggested to close iTunes and flush the dns cache trough terminal, with this command: dscacheutil -flushcache

And you know what? It did the trick.

How does one flush the cache? :)

rictus007

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
This might work.. mix honey with sugar on top of your phone, then turn on and off wifi or airplane mode (select the one you like) x1,000,000 times... keep trying if it fails.

This might work too: Tell your littler brother to do the update...for $20... Hey it worked for me!

L

lukemcurley

Giving it a try again, third time will work hopefully.

Must annoying part is that it takes like 30mins to Backup the iPhone, and then you get the error. So iTunes goes and backups again, and the error.

Surely the initial backup should be all that is needed, Apple need to address this in future iTunes.

shughes

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
how to fix 3200 error

if you put the iphone/ipad in flight mode then try updating it will work

marvel34

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Here is the answer

error 3200 solution

Hi everyone,

Turn the Airplane mode ON and click on the update from iTunes.

MARVEL34

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
I just kept on hitting restore instead of update and after about a dozen tries it finally restored my iPhone and updated it to iOS 5.

ks-man

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
It was real cane sugar packaged by Tate and Lyle. And half fat milk.

A miracle, it failed with Splenda and Skim, but sure enough as soon as I switched to the ones above it got through. Rush to the patent office NOW!

Ok, back to work...

YOURSIDEALL

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Deleteing the Backup from Itunes resolves issue

it works for me by deleting the backup form itunes and updation again resolve the problem. i have IOS5 now :)

jackrv

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2011
It took me 8 - 9 tries. It finally just updated now. Patience! All good things will come :D

Rofl

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2010
This is fu*king *********. 20th time already and verification still hasn't gone through. Why do Apple updates always fail at the last hurdle. They need to get some more competent people working on the backend - they should have anticipated this from the outset, especially with their rolling out of not just the iOS 5 but other updates today as well.

FFMikeM

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2011
I don't mind retrying... but how do I stop it from doing a backup EVERYTIME? The backup takes forever!

slowComet

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
I have an iphone 4. I tried to update this to ios 5 a few times and was receiving the 3200 error. After one of the errors the iphone when into recovery mode. I then tried to recover it through itunes, and it got the 3200 error again.

Now the phone just keeps cycling back and forth between the a blank screen with the rotating loading symbol and the blank screen with the apple logo. Sometimes a loading bar pops up under the apple logo, but this bar never fills all the way up.

The phone isnt showing up in iTunes anymore either. Had no idea I could do this much harm to my phone by just clicking on the "update" and "restore" buttons...

Any advice?

I dont mean to pester everyone with my issue, but it seems like you are all more knowledgeable about this then I am. My phone is completely bricked after trying to update, which is quite sad because it has never been hacked and was working just fine this morning!

I cant even turn it off by holding the two buttons...it just loops.

Rofl

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2010
This is fu*king *********. 20th time already and verification still hasn't gone through. Why do Apple updates always fail at the last hurdle. They need to get some more competent people working on the backend - they should have anticipated this from the outset, especially with their rolling out of not just the iOS 5 but other updates today as well.

Oh, looks like complaining on the MacRumors forums also solves the problem ;)

I recommend the above action, on top of what others have suggested.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.