Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbezzo

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2000
holy crap. i just don't get it! :) that's like 6 hours after many of us... i SO want to understand... but can't! :)

kash04

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2011
Mar 13, 2011 at 06:45 PM PDT - Order number
Not yet shipped
Product Qty.
IPAD WI-FI 3G 32GB BLACK-USA
Ships: Apr 11
Delivers: Apr 14

mine has a shipping date :( hope it comes before then!

9OOYO

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2010
Geography?

It has to do something with geography or something!

Maybe shipping more to the West Coast to be able to bill and complete orders faster?

Itxdjx

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2010
R.I.
Placed an order for two models, black 16gb wifi, black 32gb AT&T, both at a little past 4am EST. Just received the wifi yesterday at 8am EST and both casses also. Still waiting for any movement on 3G iPad .... Be patient guys it will come! Hopefully not all of you sold the first! I'm still using my chubby pad!

9OOYO

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2010
Do you think these things are coming right off the line?

It's clear the 3G items are taking longer to produce (or are not as big of a priority as people will tether). I should have just ordered the effing wifi and I would have it. Son of a bitch.

Leaving town on Sunday for a long time. Faahhhkkkk.:(

9OOYO

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2010
YESSSS, Got my 32g black, that I ordered on 3/12/11 around 2:00 pm. it is syncing now . :D:D:D:D

Is yours engraved? If you don't mind - are you able to PM me your order ID? I want to call them and haul off b/c I ordered mine the prior day without shipping.

mbezzo

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2000
I'm on west coast too. Still no changes for me. Been trying to find one locally, but no luck.

mbezzo

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2000
he had to have. if only i'd known apple wouldn't be able to ship before 3rd parties... unreal!

nixiemaiden

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
what was ur estimated ship time?

I ordered from Apple and got it when it was 3 to 5 days.

Today is the 4th business day (if you count Friday which I do even if Apple doesn't!!) so if it doesn't ship by end of day tomorrow, I plan on calling.

I mean it hasn't even been prepared for shipping yet!

I am seriously kicking myself in the arse for not ordering through AT&T. Stupid fast free shipping gimmick.

Mikevbf

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2007
Both the black 32 att ipads that I ordered on 3/11 before 1AM PDT went on ready to ship last night and shipped this morning. My ipad is shipping to vermont and the other ipad which I ordered for family is shipping to DC. Estimated delivery date is 3/22. May those who wait the longest get the best (except me ;)).

9OOYO

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2010
Both the black 32 att ipads that I ordered on 3/11 before 1AM PDT went on ready to ship last night and shipped this morning. My ipad is shipping to vermont and the other ipad which I ordered for family is shipping to DC. Estimated delivery date is 3/22. May those who wait the longest get the best (except me ;)).

I seem to be the only ***** who didn't get theirs. Ordered 12:47am Black 32GB ATT - Not Yet Shipped

TheGeekNextDoor

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2005
Crud...my smart cover is preparing for shipment. Still waiting on my iPad to even think about preparing to ship. 2:52AM PDT order time on the 11th. My HDMI adapter shipped on the 13th. It's currently site seeing in Alaska. Should be here on the 18th.

Mikevbf

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2007
I seem to be the only ***** who didn't get theirs. Ordered 12:47am Black 32GB ATT - Not Yet Shipped

I would be willing to wait an extra week if I knew my order didn't have any of the screen issues. I hope you are rewarded for your patience with an ipad with no imperfections. Part of the reason I ordered direct from Apple instead of ATT is that I am more confident about their return policy than ATT. Let's hope I do not have to test out that theory. Good luck.

TheGeekNextDoor

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2005
I would be willing to wait an extra week if I knew my order didn't have any of the screen issues. I hope you are rewarded for your patience with an ipad with no imperfections. Part of the reason I ordered direct from Apple instead of ATT is that I am more confident about their return policy than ATT. Let's hope I do not have to test out that theory. Good luck.

I am now a big believer in buying it directly from apple. I bought my initial defective iPad 2 from Best Buy. When I took it in for a Genius to look at he started to tell me what they could do for me since they had no replacements...then he said, "You bought it from us didn't you?" To which I answered "No". He then stopped talking about what he might be able to do for me. They probably would have held an incoming one for me to swap out. But they weren't going to do that for one that had been bought at Best Buy. Bummer. All Best Buy would do for me is allow me to give them $100 to go onto the reserve list. No priority at all.

Mikevbf

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2007
I am now a big believer in buying it directly from apple. I bought my initial defective iPad 2 from Best Buy. When I took it in for a Genius to look at he started to tell me what they could do for me since they had no replacements...then he said, "You bought it from us didn't you?" To which I answered "No". He then stopped talking about what he might be able to do for me. They probably would have held an incoming one for me to swap out. But they weren't going to do that for one that had been bought at Best Buy. Bummer. All Best Buy would do for me is allow me to give them $100 to go onto the reserve list. No priority at all.

Sorry to hear that. What was "defective" about your ipad 2?

kash04

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2011

yup i got shafted as well.. i sit with no ipad until april 11 :(

abnospam

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008
Placed an order for two models, black 16gb wifi, black 32gb AT&T, both at a little past 4am EST. Just received the wifi yesterday at 8am EST and both casses also. Still waiting for any movement on 3G iPad .... Be patient guys it will come! Hopefully not all of you sold the first! I'm still using my chubby pad!

Me too! the wifi was for a friend, the 3G for me. A buddy of mine only ordered one (at the same time as me), 32/att/black and his shipped today, mine is still NYS. I have to wonder...could those who ordered more than one have their second ipad behind those who only ordered one???

9OOYO

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2010
Me too! the wifi was for a friend, the 3G for me. A buddy of mine only ordered one (at the same time as me), 32/att/black and his shipped today, mine is still NYS. I have to wonder...could those who ordered more than one have their second ipad behind those who only ordered one???

No - I ordered 1 32GB Black ATT at 12:47am and it has not shipped. First in first out my ass. It is a total cluster and it seems like their logistics groups have no idea wtf they are doing.

Even shipping in batches of each make/model then moving to the next I understand. But there is no reason to ship orders that came after somebody else's if it is the same model.

mbezzo

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2000

nah, i only ordered one and mine hasn't shipped. Ordered at 12:59am pacific...

nixiemaiden

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
32 gb black AT&T ordered at 1:06 was moved to prepared for shipping in the last 20 minutes. (yes I have been checking every 20 minutes)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.