iPad 2 camera sucks

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cforand1293, Mar 20, 2011.

1. cforand1293 macrumors regular

Man it's not even worth taken a pic, come on apple, u know it sucks... Why would I buy imovie to edit a bad looking movie... No thanks...

And yes I know u can edit other things...

2. aneftp macrumors 68040

It actually shoots movies well (with appropriate lighting).

Yes point and shoot sucks. It's like they did it on purpose so they can offer something better for the next iPad update.

3. hcho3 macrumors 68030

There is always another option to buy another tablet like Xoom. It has nice 5 megapixel camera with whopping price tag at 799 dollars.

4. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

It takes bad picture, too, and it has way more pixels. My iPhone 4 takes better picture than the Xoom!

5. triplecore1 macrumors member

Same my HTC android is at 8 mega pixels.

6. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

Do you really want to take pictures with a tablet? Really? :\

7. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Same thing I told my friend earlier today.

8. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I believe they only put the camera on there for Facetime use. I don't think an iPad makes a very good point and shoot camera no matter what the sensor size. The unit itself is just to large and awkward to use as a still camera.

9. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

Heard it shoots 720P videos?

but... who would shoot a video or take pictures?

10. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Those cameras are best suited for quick photos, QR scanning or Google Goggles (and similar apps). Just get a nice Canon S95 with a Eye-Fi pro ad-hoc card...

11. katyoshi macrumors 6502

I tried it. It's actually ok if you don't really care TOO much about the pixels. It shoots nice 720p videos but still capture is junk compared to a cheap Nikon camera. Again, the cameras are probably more for facetime. :confused:

12. cforand1293 thread starter macrumors regular

No, I dont plan on using it as a camera, but it has a camera... So just checked it out and pretty pointless.. I understand apple wants to upgrade and add new features, but come on... it sucks

13. jvette macrumors 6502

jvette

I still think its the best tablet on the market. Agree that the camera is kind of a waste but isn't that what everyone was yelling about just a few months ago. Now they gave you a camera and you don't like it. I really could care less about any camera on there because I didn't buy it to take pictures with.

14. Beardy man macrumors regular

How much less could you care? A lot? Like "couldn't care less"? "Could care less" sounds like you quite like the camera. So which is it?

15. BlakeLiebenTH macrumors member

I wish that someone would post a picture taken with their iPad 2 as an example, rather than just whine about it...

16. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

+1

17. King Luis macrumors 6502

megapixels isn't everything when it comes to the camera. the sensor size has a lot to do with it and the quality and programming can do a lot. nokia phones had upwards of 8 megapixels also but my point and shoot camera with 4 megapixels would take a better picture every time.

this. you'd really look like a tool doing it.

and this.

18. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

It's really not that bad I use it for eBay and. Quick shots.

19. Macpowered macrumors member

Macpowered

No!

20. USGIshimura macrumors member

It is a tablet, not a camera.

Buy a DSLR if you want a camera.

21. Shivetya macrumors 65816

Yeah, PAS is a POS

Video however has been good enough for e-mail. Did a few 30 second shorts of some puppies we will have up for sale soon to prospective owners

22. cforand1293 thread starter macrumors regular

Listen up kids, I know its a tablet, not a camera... But I have also come to expect apple to release the best of the best.. I do think that the ipad2 is the best tablet on the market, but it has a poor camera, my iphone4 takes great pics, why would they put out a sub-par camera? Just doesn't make sense. If they can do it in the iphone, then they should have done it in the ipad2...

Do you really think I bought the ipad for the camera? come on bro...

23. KittyKatta macrumors 6502a

KittyKatta

The camera doesnt suck. You're just using it wrong.
    [​IMG]

Seriously. All these people defending the iPad camera dont make sense. Next gen when Apple upgrades the camera then will they be upset that Apple now put a good camera in? Or will they brag about how a quality autofocus camera unlocks the possibilities with scanning, media creation and productivity apps? You know, things developers could be working on now IF they had the proper hardware?

This is just another case of Apple fans being Apple fans. When Apple does something right they love it, but when they don't do it right they find excuses for why it's unnecessary and stupid.

It's a shame that people are so closed minded because taking pictures with a 10" Screen may not be "cool looking" but it's fun as heck and offers a new perspective on photography that will only get better once the hardware matches the experience.

24. rawlus macrumors regular

i find the camera passable - especially for video and especially on the other end of the call (skype or facetime)...

for me, having the camera was a nice add, but i'm glad it was not at the expense of a higher pricepoint. that the ipad2 costs the same as the ipad one but has 2 cameras, is thinner and unarguably much "faster", i see it as an overall win/win.

would i pay MORE for a better camera? probably not.