iPad 2 Coming to RadioShack Tomorrow?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 28, 2011.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A MacRumors reader has just sent us the above photo claimed to be of an internal notice from RadioShack announcing that the retailer will begin carrying the iPad 2 at 500 of its locations around the United States as of tomorrow.We are thrilled that iPad 2 will be available at 500 RadioShack locations across the country starting March 29! Details have been sent to these stores.Apple has struggled to meet early demand for the iPad 2, both in the United States and in the over two dozen other countries that saw the device launch on Friday. Shipping estimates for new online orders remain at 3-4 weeks in all of Apple's online stores, and stock coming into retail stores has been very limited, although improving somewhat in recent days. With RadioShack adding another 500 distribution points for the device, further strains may be placed on Apple's supplies, although presumably the company has selected tomorrow for the new rollout based on projections of continued improvement in availability.

Update: Representatives at multiple RadioShack locations have confirmed that they are scheduled to begin offering the iPad 2 tomorrow, although launch stocks are currently unknown.

Article Link: iPad 2 Coming to RadioShack Tomorrow?

2. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Man, Apple keeps getting lower and lower. First Walmart, now this?

3. pounce macrumors regular

couldn't get one today at the apple store in Atlanta, best buy, or target. would love to be able to pick one up already.

4. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

...and they showed one of the 'good' retailers, Costco, the door.

Which Apple Store did you try, there is more than one in ATL.

5. toddybody Guest

toddybody

costco ftw!!!!!

6. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I ranked this as a neg only since there are supply chain issues... why add another retailer?

7. Tyler.Schmaltz macrumors member

All the stores (Walmart,Target, Best Buy) in Minot ND have Good stock of iPad 2's 3+ of each model in most cases and it has been that way for a week or 2 now.

8. wonderspark macrumors 68040

wonderspark

9. gglockner macrumors 6502

gglockner

People still shop at Radio Shack for more than just oddball connectors, batteries, etc.?

10. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Uh, they've sold the iPhone 4. Who care WHERE you get it, it's still an iPad.

11. Stella macrumors G3

Stella

What does it matter? The more sales the better, right?

12. EdwardMoffet macrumors member

There's pretty much none in Oregon, and I heard from one of my local walmarts that, the last they knew, they weren't going to recieve any shipments until june! It's ridiculous. Limited supply+scalpers+huge demand= SNAFU.

13. pounce macrumors regular

Lenox Mall one in Buckhead. Here without a car, so it has to be something I can Marta to. I got there early this morning and the sign was already up that they were out of stock for the day.

If you have an idea where I could look let me know. I'd love a 64 gig black ATT ready Ipad2. Many coworkers have either the original or the newer iPad and I'm ready to hop on that train.

14. Thunderhawks Suspended

They don't even have most of these in the stores and want you to order online.

If you do that you better use digikey.

Radio Shack will be out of the RETAIL business within 3-5 years IMO.

Nothing in there one needs.

15. Macopotamus macrumors regular

Macopotamus

Great, another store that carries iPad 2 but won't ever have any in stock. LOL.

Unfortunately I think 80% of iPad 2 supply is going to scalpers and resellers, the moment Apple stores get them in stock they sell out and craigslist is then flooded with heavily marked up iPads. It's kind of ridiculous.

On a related note, isn't it a bit weird Apple hasn't announced any sales figures yet? They're usually quick to brag when devices hit a million sales in a short amount of time.

16. dernhelm macrumors 68000

dernhelm

Man, that picture gives me a headache. For future reference, image stabilization can help with that sort of thing.

17. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

[​IMG]

18. Dave00 macrumors 6502a

Supplies seem to be improving. My iPad2 was supposed to ship 4/1, shipped yesterday. Still in Hong Kong.

19. DiamondGCoupe macrumors 6502

There are still more than 500 Radio Shack's left? Can't believe they're not out of business yet lol!

20. DiamondGCoupe macrumors 6502

There are still more than 500 Radio Shack's left? Can't believe they're not out of business yet lol! If it's anything like the iP4 launch, expect them to get 2-3 iPads a week.

21. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

This is a sad, ignorant, white trash comment.

22. vartanarsen macrumors 6502a

Are you serious??? What about them there those walkie talkies???

23. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Thats all I ever get there. Pretty much everything else they sell is overpriced.

24. todd03blown macrumors member

Try www.milo.com, that should help you locate one in your area.

25. Survivor61 macrumors newbie

I work across the street from a RS. They are supposed to get them in around noon. The manager said he would call me as soon as there in. Now thats customer service, if he really calls