Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
Radio Shack sucks. Anyone who tried to get an iPhone 4 from them can attest to this.

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010
mine is shipping early

i had ordered the day of the launch, but late in the day. so late that my original ship date was April 1, delivery of April 8. this has now been updated -- shipped 2 days ago, delivery March 31.

they must be making inroads on inventory

gondor5

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2006
i had ordered the day of the launch, but late in the day. so late that my original ship date was April 1, delivery of April 8. this has now been updated -- shipped 2 days ago, delivery March 31.

they must be making inroads on inventory

I ordered mine on launch day also. It was scheduled to arrive tomorrow, but I just got notified that it arrived today. :):)

skellener

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2003
So. Cal.
What does it matter? The more sales the better, right?
Exactly. There are only so many Apple Stores around the country. Apple realized it could sell more products to more people if it branched out and sold them in stores everywhere. So what if it's Target or Best Buy or Radio Shack? If it's closer to your house, it'll be easier for you to buy. Of course, that also assumes they can make enough supply for the demand! ;)

Full of Win

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2007
Ask Apple
Uh, they've sold the iPhone 4. Who care WHERE you get it, it's still an iPad.

Because getting your iToy within eye sight of a 300 Lb round-belly hillbilly or 400 Lb woman in pink stretch pants and camel toe does not make for the best experience.

scottdot

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2008
New Mexico
On a related note, isn't it a bit weird Apple hasn't announced any sales figures yet? They're usually quick to brag when devices hit a million sales in a short amount of time.

I've been wondering about this as well. I wonder if they're avoiding such announcements until either 1). the international launches are complete, or 2). they don't want any negative press backlash about these supply chain "issues." I think the numbers will be huge.

blizaine

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2003
Milo helped me find 2 iPads at a Best Buy in my local area. Unfortunately, the site has shown 'sold out' everywhere for the last few days.

That's because Best Buy stopped showing iPad 2 availability online a few weeks ago (and Milo requires this), because they are currently trying to fill their backlog of orders and reservations with every iPad they get. They stopped taking orders at the same time. Once they fulfill all their orders and start having stock, I'm sure they will switch the future back on, that let's you check local inventory.

On a side note, I went to an Apple store in Indianapolis, at 9:30am at the end of last week and there were about 150+ people in line. I didn't realize they were still opening the store an hour early every day to sell the iPads they had received in the previous day. I wonder how long this will go on for.

hobo.hopkins

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
Because getting your iToy within eye sight of a 300 Lb round-belly hillbilly or 400 Lb woman in pink stretch pants and camel toe does not make for the best experience.

I just thought I would let you know that you could still purchase an iPad at any of the other stores; just because RadioShack sells it as well does not mean that you have to purchase from them. Would you rather they didn't sell it at RadioShack or Walmart at all? Why wouldn't you want people who don't live near any of the other stores to have a nearby store from which to purchase Apple products?

Jcoz

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2008
I believe Costco showed Apple the door.

This is also what I took from it.

It also happens to make more sense than apple showing them the door.

They probably were unable to secure the kind of discounted prices WITH acceptable profit margins to justify the retail space.

Full of Win

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2007
Ask Apple
Lenox Mall one in Buckhead. Here without a car, so it has to be something I can Marta to. I got there early this morning and the sign was already up that they were out of stock for the day.

If you have an idea where I could look let me know. I'd love a 64 gig black ATT ready Ipad2. Many coworkers have either the original or the newer iPad and I'm ready to hop on that train.

I don’t know if Apple systems take takes this into account for stock distribution, but LS would be one of the last places I’d expect to find an AT&T/GSM based iPad, given the US Headquarters for AT&T Mobility 1500 feet from the mall.

There are other stores, I like the one in North Point. Not too big and not the snobbery found at LS, IMHO. However, if you don’t have a car, I guess its kind of moot.

Jcoz

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2008
That's because Best Buy stopped showing iPad 2 availability online a few weeks ago (and Milo requires this), because they are currently trying to fill their backlog of orders and reservations with every iPad they get. They stopped taking orders at the same time. Once they fulfill all their orders and start having stock, I'm sure they will switch the future back on, that let's you check local inventory.

On a side note, I went to an Apple store in Indianapolis, at 9:30am at the end of last week and there were about 150+ people in line. I didn't realize they were still opening the store an hour early every day to sell the iPads they had received in the previous day. I wonder how long this will go on for.

I dont know that this is correct, I've been checking their online local inventory every day, and availability shows up in patches all over, unfortunately all I have called about say it is for reserved units.

But the point is that when they got them in, it showed in the database.

rans0m00

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Man, Apple keeps getting lower and lower. First Walmart, now this?

ROFL Sorry to be the one to let you know since you obviously had not noticed Apple goes for profit. They make good products then hype them up to be excellent products. Selling at Walmart, Bestbuy, and Target just makes sense so why not include Radioshack? I am not saying anything bad about Apple products I have quite a few and enjoy them but Apple is not anything special that is only reserved for a special audience. They are expensive pretty toys so if I can go to my local Radioshack instead of having to drive to a busier store and wait in lines for people to get their groceries rang up then I would do it in a second.

I don’t know if Apple systems take takes this into account for stock distribution, but LS would be one of the last places I’d expect to find an AT&T/GSM based iPad, given the US Headquarters for AT&T Mobility 1500 feet from the mall.

There are other stores, I like the one in North Point. Not too big and not the snobbery found at LS, IMHO. However, if you don’t have a car, I guess its kind of moot.

So Walmart is full of obese hillbillies?

I bought my iPad 2 at Walmart: 7 folks in line, 15 iPad 2's. Everyone was very nice. Im a 24yr old 6'2'', 190lb Systems engineer(with all my teeth)...and I shop there all the time. Dont hate...

solarguy17

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I used to work at RS and really it was pretty good place to work. It was commission but I always made around $10 or so an hour. Yeah, it maybe overpriced but generally the employees are more intelligent then BB employees and way better then WM employees.

Walmart is way worse the RS.

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
All the stores (Walmart,Target, Best Buy) in Minot ND have Good stock of iPad 2's 3+ of each model in most cases and it has been that way for a week or 2 now.

**books flight from Denver to Minot, realizes the cost of iPad 2 + airfare = moronic, orders online**

It's amazing these things are so hard to find. The trickle makes it hard to believe an iPad 3 will ship this fall. If true, wouldn't Apple want to get iPad 2 out as fast as possible so the duration between iPad 2's & iPad 3's releases is longer rather than shorter? Meaning, it would seem to create more consumer frustration if such a slow trickle means one eventually gets an iPad 2 only to see a new one available a few months later.
Hmmm, maybe Best Buy (and their new Buy Back program) is the way to go with Apple purchases form here on out. :confused:

HMFIC03

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2011
Tokyo
Man, Apple keeps getting lower and lower. First Walmart, now this?

The closest apple store to my town (population 48k) is over a hour away - we have two radio shacks. How is this low? an elitist much? This is great! - Ipad 2's are the same price everywhere, except AAFES where its $10 cheaper and tax free. - Now many people can save their hard earned money as gas approaches $4 a gallon under this administration. Besides some people have radio shack credit cards -and earn rewards. They may prefer to buy from there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.