IPAD 2 killer is here

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pizz, May 27, 2011.

1. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

2. Hueyfreeman macrumors regular

I will be buying one when they restock them at my local bestbuy. I love asus, they make the best computer hardware in my opinion. It's one of the cheaper models and that keyboard can in come in handy.

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I'm not impressed with Asus. My netbook literally fell apart on me. Cheap plastics and lots of design corners cut.

4. Built macrumors 68020

Amen.

Another "non-starter" product. If the people who constantly talk about "iPad killers" really felt confident that they were, indeed, 'iPad killers," they wouldn't have to come here to talk about it!

It's also funny how they unwittingly give iPad more "power," then they really know...If the iPad truly sucks, then why are they so concerned about comparing new products to it?

ROFLMAO...:D:D:D

5. pizz, May 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2011

pizz thread starter macrumors regular

heres a guy who if you already know is an Apple nut and even he sides with the Asus..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3N9MmKy87s

Ipad doesnt suck its just there are tablets like the Asus that are just as good if not better but i know im preaching to the choir here.

6. Built macrumors 68020

I'm very happy for you. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

I'll be interested to hear how you like it when you get one. Please also let me know if that Asus tablet's screen has got any light bleeds. Thanks in advance.

8. zetsurin macrumors regular

I think this looks good and I think people too quickly fail to give credit to ASUS for making low powered personal computing a concept appealing to the masses in the first place.

However I think this thing will be too thick and heavy in tablet guise. Perhaps the next revision will do a bit better in that respect. I don't really see this having much impact on the iPad 2 but would take another big chunk of the netbook market.

I'm actually more intrigued by their tablet/phone concept that they are about unveil. It's got a terrible name but hopefully the product will be good.

9. PatrickCocoa macrumors 6502a

Wrong Forum

Good luck, but you're in the wrong forum. Everyone here has a real iPad. That whatever-it-is you linked to is aimed at a different audience.

10. Built macrumors 68020

Again...if they are so confident about their "iPad killers," why are they HERE on this forum? And why don't we usually hear from them ever again on how great their products are?

We've gone through this over on the iPhone forum for YEARS.

::Snore::

11. pizz thread starter macrumors regular

for the record ive had a first gen ipad, several ipods, macbook and a mac mini :) so im not biased

12. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I've heard this argument so many darn times...

1) Would you use it?
    2) People generally compared the spec and not factor in the whole ecosystem...
    3) Really would you buy it?
    4) It's Asus, in my experience they don't build them tonka tough.
    5) Again it's interesting competition for the iPad wouldn't go as far as a killer.

13. Built macrumors 68020

Anything ASUS has left me seriously underwhelmed.

14. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Until Google comes out with an OS that isn't buggy and has more than 100 apps designed for it, the iPad will continue to dominate the market.

And there is no such thing as an iPad killer. Never will be.

15. Built macrumors 68020

So true...on all counts.

I was an early adopter of the iPhone and I've lost track of how many times a coworker has come up to me with their newest phone and said, "It's just like an iPhone."

I always respond, "But it's not an iPhone."

Case closed. They usually get it by then.

16. pizz thread starter macrumors regular

Figures, like a fanboy to knock something before they try it ;)

Seriously Apple has to step up their iOS, compared to Android honeycomb its feels like OS9 compared to OSX.

17. Built macrumors 68020

Definitely not a fanboy here. I never made the "leap" to Mac completely. While I do have 2 Ipads, etc., I still work on 2 PC desktops at home, and, at times, depending on what I need to do, I travel with a Windows laptop.

Asus? Seriously? LOL

18. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Keep in mind that jon4lakers gets free products sent to him to review so of course he isn't going to bash them because if he does he won't get any more free products and he loses his income. Obvious business tactics are obvious.

19. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

I don't think you want to compare Honeycomb 3.0 to anything. If I had a choice between a buggy OS and one that feels dated, but works flawlessly, I'll take the dated one, that works.

But you are right, iOS does need to step it up. Luckily, iOS 5 is right around the corner. I'm looking forward to seeing what they have done with regards to active screens, widgets, notifications, add files and ability to modify folders.

20. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

Lol someone is down voting all of the negative comments about the "iPad killer" didn't realize asus even had fanboys:rolleyes:

21. Hueyfreeman macrumors regular

I am an asus fanboy :) but I don't play the up vote/down vote game. I beleive that all pc manufacturers suck equally (apple, HP, sony, dell,
    toshiba, etc.) So I prefer to build myself. I use only asus boards and I have never had a problem with them. I also have an asus monitor and video card.

22. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

Played around with one of these on a recent trip to Taiwan. A lot lighter than I expected and the screen is excellent. But I can't get used to the aspect ratios of Android tablets. Much prefer the iPad's. I typically read books in portrait mode and the iPad is much better in that respect.

There was also noticeable lag switching between the Honeycomb panes, or whatever you call them. Surprising given the hardware and jarring to me as an iPad user. There's also no 3G model, which I've definitely come to enjoy quite a bit on my iPad.

All in all, Asus did a great job. But as someone said above, the overall experience is more than just hardware. I'm too tied into the Apple ecosystem now. Bought too many apps and it's too convenient to download movies and music through iTunes. Most importantly, it seems like developer momentum is still on Apple's side. The day I consider switching to Android is the day that premier developers release Android-specific apps before or in lieu of iOS versions. Until then, there's nothing to convince me to switch.

23. mac jones macrumors 68040

Why do they allow these types of threads?

This is troll activity, if you ask me. Yet the tread persists.

I guess the mods have guidelines and don't think out of the box (or whatever.).

24. Built macrumors 68020

I completely agree. This is an iPad forum. Surely there is some Asus forum elsewhere on which the OP can go play. The fact that they need to come HERE to discuss "iPad- and iPhone-killerr" is testament to the standard the two have set whether these people want to admit it or not.