iPad 2 owners, how do you feel about September iPad 3 rumors?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ijustfarted, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Ijustfarted macrumors regular

I flipping hate em. Don't even want to know about them. I really hope the iPad 3 doesn't come out till next year. I don't want my baby to be outdated this fast. :mad:

2. poloponies macrumors 68030

If, and it's a big if, these rumors have any credence it's that Apple would introduce a higher-end model. It's the only way to make sense of it all. Apple would not replace the existing line this soon - that's too preposterous. A new model is only slightly more plausible because the technology isn't there yet; but stranger things have happened.

3. Maschil macrumors 6502a

Maschil

yeah i know that feeling, i hope it does though WANT to get an ipad 2 but don't want to be in that same boat........so im waiting on the 3 hopefully it out before i go to south korea....

4. LanEvo macrumors 6502

I second that, and I just picked up my iPad 2 a few days ago, it makes me mad...

5. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

If I hated them, I wouldn't be starting a thread about it. I simply enjoy using the technology I have now, and if new stuff comes out I check it out then.

6. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

I wouldn't like it, but I have had my ipad2 for about 4 months and have enjoyed it very much. I have learned to stop waiting on rumors - instead I enjoy things in the 'now'. We'd never enjoy technology if we kept waiting for the next big thing...

7. Ijustfarted thread starter macrumors regular

No one asked you to make a thread

8. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

I'd apologize for offending you, but then youjustfarted so forget it I'm leaving the room. :p

9. LanEvo macrumors 6502

The nice thing about Apple tech is they hold their value pretty well compared to the others...

10. mwhities macrumors 6502a

Do you not have the option to return it with 14 days or so? What do you have t lose? Worse case is that you buy the iPad2 again. :p

11. LanEvo macrumors 6502

I got mine from another source with a Smart Cover for over $100 off retail + tax... I'm indifferent either way, but wanted to voice my opinion...

12. mwhities macrumors 6502a

Ahh understood. Just hoped you could've returned it.

13. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I think its awesome. I just hope its not super expensive when it comes out. If its worth upgrading, just sell the old one, buy the new one. Done & done. :)

14. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; fr-fr) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Being a photographer, a higher resolution screen appeals to me (if that rumor pans out). Otherwise I'd just get an iPad 2 and not worry about it.

15. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Ummm, I don't care?

I'll eBay this one and buy the new one. Cake. :cool:

16. LanEvo macrumors 6502

I can guarantee it won't be cheaper than the current prices of iPads, so what is "not super expensive"? I find spending $499++ to be a pretty hefty penny...

17. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Aint bothered really. Picked up a 32GB White iPad2 Wi-fi the other day for my first iPad as my MBP has died and I'll be without it for a while.

Loving it so far and perfectly happy with it. Only reason I'll buy the iPad 3 is if Julianne Hough delivers it to me :eek:

18. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Buy today enjoy today.

To me it doesn't matter if they come out with a new one. Technology is an ever changing process.
    I am enjoying the ipad2 today even more now that it's jailbroken.

19. iHateAndroid macrumors newbie

No true

When Apple announced the iPad 2, they specifically said "2011 is the Year of the iPad 2" so they would never release an iPad 3 this year. Maybe, just maybe there will be a iPad 2 HD but I doubt it. They should save the retina display for the iPad 3.

20. LanEvo macrumors 6502

Even if they make an HD, i think it'd be like a 1280x800 or something and not one of those 2XXXx1XXXX resolutions as others have claimed, because there are not many of those types of monitors or even TVs out yet... Either way, I think it is all rumors, the iPad 3 when it comes up should get, what I think, Retina w/ 1280x800 or something along these lines, probably 5MP camera w/ 1080P video, 1GB RAM and Quad-Core processor. And that should do it, maybe a diff. design, but the current iPad 2 is already thin enough.

21. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

It worries me.

I sold my 1 before 2 was officially announced. Good thing because the resale value plummeted once the word got out.

I'm going to hold off a little while longer this time because iOS 5 holds a lot of promise for the device I have now. A better camera, faster ram, and thinner build won't sway me to the 3 just yet.

Still, I'd rather get the most money for the 2 as I can.

22. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I looked at the title, and thought about it. Honestly, I don't think I would care if they did. I bought the iPad 1 on launch day, and I loved it. I bought the iPad 2 on launch day to replace my iPad 1, and I don't really use the iPad 2's features to notice the difference between my iPad 1 and iPad 2. I hardly ever facetime, and I usually take pics with my DSLR or iPhone 4. Other than that... I just use it for email, web surf, and stream. I don't regret getting the iPad 2 and I love it... but if they came out with one in September, I'll pass with no mad feelings... and just buy next years model.

23. Virgo macrumors 6502

Virgo

I'd be fine with it coming out in the fall, because I had to return my iPad 2 recently. I want something new when I'm ready to buy one again.

24. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

No problem for me...I love my iPad2 and I have an 11" MacBook Air that I just love as well...i'm set for a while...in 2012 I'll see what's available for upgrade...until then, I'll just enjoy the heck out of my iPad2...:D

25. interwebs macrumors member

Really? Another thread?

The rumor, even in the case of a 'high end' model, lacks credibility as it would effectively mean release of a product which fails to conform to the quality of the iPad 2 in holistic terms. Speed, battery life, physical size, or some combination of those elements would be compromised using existing technology and next generation parts are not arriving until 2012. It would be uncharacteristic of Apple to proceed in such a fashion, especially considering this market primarily trades upon things like platform integration, aesthetics, and UI design rather than hardware superiority and it is on this basis that Apple has dominated the tablet market.

In more personal terms, even supposing Apple did release such a device this year, I would at the earliest be interested in an iPad 3 as I wouldn't want anything less than next-gen architecture driving a display that is 4x the resolution of the current iPad anyway.