Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ijustfarted

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
I flipping hate em. Don't even want to know about them. I really hope the iPad 3 doesn't come out till next year. I don't want my baby to be outdated this fast. :mad:

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
I flipping hate em. Don't even want to know about them. I really hope the iPad 3 doesn't come out till next year. I don't want my baby to be outdated this fast. :mad:

If, and it's a big if, these rumors have any credence it's that Apple would introduce a higher-end model. It's the only way to make sense of it all. Apple would not replace the existing line this soon - that's too preposterous. A new model is only slightly more plausible because the technology isn't there yet; but stranger things have happened.

Maschil

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2011
Mississippi

yeah i know that feeling, i hope it does though WANT to get an ipad 2 but don't want to be in that same boat........so im waiting on the 3 hopefully it out before i go to south korea....

LanEvo

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
NorCal

I second that, and I just picked up my iPad 2 a few days ago, it makes me mad...

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
If I hated them, I wouldn't be starting a thread about it. I simply enjoy using the technology I have now, and if new stuff comes out I check it out then.

MotleyGrrl

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
Chicago, IL
I wouldn't like it, but I have had my ipad2 for about 4 months and have enjoyed it very much. I have learned to stop waiting on rumors - instead I enjoy things in the 'now'. We'd never enjoy technology if we kept waiting for the next big thing...

LanEvo

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
NorCal
Do you not have the option to return it with 14 days or so? What do you have t lose? Worse case is that you buy the iPad2 again. :p

I got mine from another source with a Smart Cover for over $100 off retail + tax... I'm indifferent either way, but wanted to voice my opinion...

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
I think its awesome. I just hope its not super expensive when it comes out. If its worth upgrading, just sell the old one, buy the new one. Done & done. :)

Daiden

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2007
Chicago, IL
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; fr-fr) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Being a photographer, a higher resolution screen appeals to me (if that rumor pans out). Otherwise I'd just get an iPad 2 and not worry about it.

LanEvo

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
NorCal
I think its awesome. I just hope its not super expensive when it comes out. If its worth upgrading, just sell the old one, buy the new one. Done & done. :)

I can guarantee it won't be cheaper than the current prices of iPads, so what is "not super expensive"? I find spending $499++ to be a pretty hefty penny...

AndyR

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
Aint bothered really. Picked up a 32GB White iPad2 Wi-fi the other day for my first iPad as my MBP has died and I'll be without it for a while.

Loving it so far and perfectly happy with it. Only reason I'll buy the iPad 3 is if Julianne Hough delivers it to me :eek:

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Buy today enjoy today.

To me it doesn't matter if they come out with a new one. Technology is an ever changing process.
I am enjoying the ipad2 today even more now that it's jailbroken.

iHateAndroid

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2011
No true

When Apple announced the iPad 2, they specifically said "2011 is the Year of the iPad 2" so they would never release an iPad 3 this year. Maybe, just maybe there will be a iPad 2 HD but I doubt it. They should save the retina display for the iPad 3.

LanEvo

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
NorCal
When Apple announced the iPad 2, they specifically said "2011 is the Year of the iPad 2" so they would never release an iPad 3 this year. Maybe, just maybe there will be a iPad 2 HD but I doubt it. They should save the retina display for the iPad 3.

Even if they make an HD, i think it'd be like a 1280x800 or something and not one of those 2XXXx1XXXX resolutions as others have claimed, because there are not many of those types of monitors or even TVs out yet... Either way, I think it is all rumors, the iPad 3 when it comes up should get, what I think, Retina w/ 1280x800 or something along these lines, probably 5MP camera w/ 1080P video, 1GB RAM and Quad-Core processor. And that should do it, maybe a diff. design, but the current iPad 2 is already thin enough.

iSingandiDance

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
It worries me.

I sold my 1 before 2 was officially announced. Good thing because the resale value plummeted once the word got out.

I'm going to hold off a little while longer this time because iOS 5 holds a lot of promise for the device I have now. A better camera, faster ram, and thinner build won't sway me to the 3 just yet.

Still, I'd rather get the most money for the 2 as I can.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
I looked at the title, and thought about it. Honestly, I don't think I would care if they did. I bought the iPad 1 on launch day, and I loved it. I bought the iPad 2 on launch day to replace my iPad 1, and I don't really use the iPad 2's features to notice the difference between my iPad 1 and iPad 2. I hardly ever facetime, and I usually take pics with my DSLR or iPhone 4. Other than that... I just use it for email, web surf, and stream. I don't regret getting the iPad 2 and I love it... but if they came out with one in September, I'll pass with no mad feelings... and just buy next years model.

Virgo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I'd be fine with it coming out in the fall, because I had to return my iPad 2 recently. I want something new when I'm ready to buy one again.

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
No problem for me...I love my iPad2 and I have an 11" MacBook Air that I just love as well...i'm set for a while...in 2012 I'll see what's available for upgrade...until then, I'll just enjoy the heck out of my iPad2...:D

interwebs

macrumors member
May 26, 2011
Really? Another thread?

The rumor, even in the case of a 'high end' model, lacks credibility as it would effectively mean release of a product which fails to conform to the quality of the iPad 2 in holistic terms. Speed, battery life, physical size, or some combination of those elements would be compromised using existing technology and next generation parts are not arriving until 2012. It would be uncharacteristic of Apple to proceed in such a fashion, especially considering this market primarily trades upon things like platform integration, aesthetics, and UI design rather than hardware superiority and it is on this basis that Apple has dominated the tablet market.

In more personal terms, even supposing Apple did release such a device this year, I would at the earliest be interested in an iPad 3 as I wouldn't want anything less than next-gen architecture driving a display that is 4x the resolution of the current iPad anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.