Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
mini version with 7.7" diagonal screen! (8" total) ;)

Better camera (4MP min)
1+ GB of RAM
USB out, or SD card slot at least.

Nice;
LTE compatibity and T-Mo supported.

----------

Hi-res screen is my #1 priority, and I can't wait to see the sharpness of iPhone 4 on the iPad display.

On a side note, iPad was the one Apple product I did not own because of the screen, until last week when I won one at a raffle at work... Having used it for past few days, it just makes we want iPad 3 all that much more.

Selling? Give you $199 for it. :D ;)

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
As an Apple fan-boy, I just want it, see?

Seriously though? I really like the 2, so it will take some king of amazing feature to get me to shell out another 600 bucks. I said AMAZING. A new camera, no. Longer battery life, no. Like Jobs always said, they make things people don't know they need, so I will wait.

SPEEDwithJJ

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
For me, it is definitely a "retina" display. I use my iPad 2 mainly for reading purposes & a very high resolution screen will make smaller texts appear sharper & clearer.

I see a number of posts mentioning about hoping to see the inclusion of a SD or microSD card slot. I humbly think that it is not going to happen simply because it makes business sense for Apple not to include it. I mean I understand that their "closed file" system in iOS plays a part in this decision but ultimately, it is so easy for Apple to earn "easy" money on storage capacity upgrades on the iOS devices. $100 for an extra 16GB to get to 32GB & $200 for an extra 48GB to get to 64GB. If Apple includes an SD or microSD card slot, I bet almost everyone would just buy a base 16GB iPad & then buy 32GB or even 64GB SD or microSD cards, which will end up cheaper than buying extra built-in storage capacity from Apple.

redscull

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Texas
I humbly think that it is not going to happen simply because it makes business sense for Apple not to include it.
I'm not saying you're wrong, cause your point seems valid, but Apple computers ship with a pitiful amount of RAM and ridiculously high upgrade prices. But they still make it easy for just about anyone to install more RAM from a third-party purchase. I think the reason not to allow a card slot is that it makes the tablet less simple. iOS lacks a file system (from the user's perspective); for better or worse, that's a design decision it made and has stuck with for 5 successful years.

Panch0

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2010
Virginia
3G World Mode
4G LTE
4G Wi-Max
Unlimited Data plans from multiple carrier partners

I want to be able to switch my data plan from carrier to carrier each month.

Actually, I'm content with the iPad2 - I'll probably sit this generation out no matter what features it has.

sparkhill

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2010
What would make me upgrade? A release.

This! I have finally given up and just pre-order the new iDevice on the first day (or middle of the night) and sell my old one on Craigslist or eBay once the new one arrives.

Tom8

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Retina display
A6 processor
Siri
1GB RAM

Re: dedicated Siri hardware button.
Possibly a gesture based home button, something that was rumoured for the iPhone 5 which never materialised. So, hypothetically, you could swipe left on the new, wider home button, to activate Siri.

Ryanctf

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2011
If it has a high res display, i'll buy it. Right now i have the 32gb wifi ipad 2. Theres a store where i live that will buy my model for $450

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Performance wise, I'm pretty happy with my iPad 2.

The only things I want:

-Retina display because I use mine for reading mainly (didn't intend to use it as a dedicated ebook reader, but it kind of turned out that way).

-Memory card slot.

-LIGHTER! It still hurts like hell when I drop it on my face...while reading in bed:p

IconicM

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2011
Houston, Tx
I for one am happy enough with the current display, but I will upgrade for:

4G/ LTE dual band (ATT & Vizy) radio.

a close second is a camera lens upgrade to at least equivalent of iP-4, even better would be the 4S cameras.

Icing would be retina, longer battery life, faster performance, and from iOS, smoother performance.

connoisseur

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2008
VIRGINIA
Cheaper price
Faster processor
Retina display
More productivity friendly Apps
Larger hard drives 160 gb would be nice
Same design to fit my current accessories

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
lindsay lohan playboy screensaver?

or, i guess i could settle for a retina-like display, more ram, and a better processor. i am assuming we will get at least these three. if not, i can't imagine upgrading, and it might be time for some ice cream.

skywalkerluke

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2011
I only bought my iPad2 about 3 months ago with apple care. I will wait for ipad4 I think. I need to first upgrade my old Macbook :)

But I would like to see an A6 processor and much better screen on the new iPad and improved cam (both front and back are really bad)

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
The following is required for me to buy an iPad 3:

1) Either a dual-core or quad-core Cortex A15 based processor
2) 1GB LPDDR2 RAM
3) 2048x1536 "retina" display
4) GPU capable of performing at 2048x1536 with the same performance as the iPhone 4S. I'm guessing an SGX543MP6 would be required or preferably something from the 6xx series.
5) Better battery life (except when playing a game which uses all the cores in the GPU in which case battery life should be a fair bit less, unless a 6xx series GPU is used.)
6) Lighter is always nicer but not necessary.

Mochi Hana

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
Texas
My wish list features:
- Less bezel. Keep a border if they want, but let's maximize that surface area
- Size OPTIONS. I really want a 7" so I'd actually take it out of the house
- Siri Button (If Siri is to be a worthwhile input device it requires instant access)
- Better camera. It's a high end product and should have high end components.
This pretty much sums up my wish list as well. I'm ok with the screen size as it is though.

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Some people's wish list is setting them up for a disappointment.

For me (1) retina display and (2) lighter (but not necessarily thinner) are my must haves.

Secondary wishes are more RAM and possibly an upgraded processor (whatever that may be but we'll go with A6 if that's what people are calling it) seems to be the most likely outcome.

Ports for external SD cards and USB stuff is just NEVER going to happen.

NateJamesMeyers

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2010
Awwww come on all we really need is an apple on the back and a new design so all our friends know how cool we are cuz we buy all the new apple stuff! ;) am I right? awww yeah:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.