iPad 2 - skin rash-radio active?-assembly time?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gszedlak, Mar 26, 2011.

1. gszedlak macrumors newbie

Hey,

I purchashed an iPad 2 in the UK yesterday, and today I had spots and rash on my arms and legs. I ate the same stuff, did the same routine, but got this reaction.

I know it's insane, but i'm affraid that it's from the iPad. Could it be that some radioactively polluted parts from Japan are in it?

Were these iPads assembled before the earthquake? How much time does it take for the parts from japan to travel to china?

The chance of this happening in 2 weeks is really small, but still. What do you think? I'm kind panicing. Help please

(no troll)

2. shen macrumors 6502

You can say you aren't trolling, but even if you don't mean to be, you are.

No, there are not radioactive iPads being shipped. They don't build iPads in the heart of some nuclear plant, there is no sane reason to think that any iPad ever made would be exposed in any way to the (admittedly horrible) on going tragedy in Japan. This makes even less sense than the totally insane people in America buying iodine and bottled water. The screen you are reading this from gives off more radiation than could possibly have been picked up by any exposure for any parts.

Hell if you live in a brick building that alone is a higher radiation dose.

I hate nuclear power, i think it should all be banned, but this scare mongering insanity where everything that ever passed through the far east might be making people sick is certifiably insane. Everyone just needs to stop that. Now. Maybe sooner.

3. caubeck macrumors 6502

Do a teensy little bit of research and you'll discover you're being very silly indeed.

And see a doctor.

4. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Yeah, let's find more oil and coal to burn instead. Much safer and cleaner than nuclear power and there are never accidents, oh wait...

5. DiScO197 macrumors regular

Metal allergy? I used to get a rash from an old belt buckle if it came into contact with my skin.

6. gszedlak thread starter macrumors newbie

I do know it sounds silly and trolling..I'm not stupid and personally I can't imagine that a little part produced in Japan two weeks ago got polluted and made it to the assembly in China, made the whole ipad radio active and got shipped in the remaining time to the UK.. I know. but even like this this is the only explanation i can give to my skin rash. never ever had it before, and was just living my everyday life...it seems i'm just freeking out

anyway.. don't judge me ..:p

7. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Get a Geiger counter and you can find out if there's radiation around you for sure. Otherwise maybe it's just an allergy to something else.

I don't think radiation causes rashes. Something worth looking into for sure. If you start vomiting repeatedly and your hair starts falling out, then bring the iPad with you to the ER for testing. :)

8. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Well most iPad2 screens appear to be Glowing in the Dark, even with a black screen so perhaps he has a point !!!!! :D

9. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Any nausea, vomiting, diarrhea? If not, it's not likely to be radiation poisoning.

As for a rash - http://www.medicinenet.com/rash/article.htm

If it was radiation poisoning, coming to a Mac rumors website is probably the last thing you should be thinking about. If you're worried, go to a doctor.

10. hcho3 macrumors 68030

iPad 2s have backlight bleeding. Could it be because of the radiation from the battery? What do you think about this theory, OP?

11. vincebio macrumors 6502a

vincebio

Unfortunately a geiger counter only measures 2 types of radium...and does not detect the most dangerous ones

12. gszedlak thread starter macrumors newbie

i contacted Apple, and googled up radiation sickness.. otherwise i'm feeling great, just panicked because of the rash.. if it's present tomorrow, i go to a doctor.

thanks for the posts,

13. dennisjs macrumors member

New girlfriend?

14. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Don't waste your doctor's time. You're in the UK, so contact NHS Direct first. Sounds like you have maybe some kind of eczema and it could come from anything, including skin cleaners, detergents... even some fabrics and metals.

You do not have radiation sickness. Really.

15. dstar macrumors regular

my ipad came bundled with a small packet of potassium iodide tablets. :eek:

16. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Get some lotion, troll.

17. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

[​IMG]

18. shen macrumors 6502

Thank god you aren't making massive assumptions about my opinions with that. Imagine if i had said i don't like windows and so you had bashed linux, and it turns out i use a Mac. Wouldn't you feel stupid for making silly assumptions then! Ah but you didn't, so everything is fine there, isn't it....

19. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Yes it is possible. Return the iPad immediately! I would also consider sitting out the next several iterations of iPads until the smoke clears.

20. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

any parts in that thing went through japan long before the nuclear troubles

21. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Talk about taking FUD to infinity and beyond.

22. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

1st if u were burned by radiation (rash) you would also be very sick hair loss vomiting etc.
    2nd If the iPad Parts were exposed to high levels of radiation by the time they were shipped etc the would be so small your body would easily stop it like it does various other places your exposed to radiation throughout the day.
    3rd there wasn't a nuclear explosion so little to no radioactive ash exists that's the main threat to human life and contaminated water.
    4th most western nations check for any radiation on all imports.

23. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

It's lupus.

24. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

it is not your iPad ... change your laundry detergent :cool: