iPad 2 State-by-State Stock Update

Discussion in 'iPad' started by WoodrowCall, Mar 14, 2011.

1. WoodrowCall macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

Ok, like many of you, I can't find an iPad anywhere. Can we get this thread stickied so we can update and start getting an idea of when and where in-store shipments are arriving? Respond with state, city, store, and location if there are multiple stores. I'd start, but there are no shipments arrived yet in SC that I can tell.

2. uPad macrumors newbie

I just went to the Orland Park Apple store in Illinois. They said no shipments today.

3. WoodrowCall thread starter macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

I just called the Apple Store at Haywood Mall in Greenville, SC and the salesperson on the phone said that he doesn't anticipate getting any shipments today. :mad:

4. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

YET. They're full of ****. I have a friend who works at woodfield apple store in IL. ALL stores are on auto-inventory control meaning Apple Corporate sees they're out and sends them what they think they should have when they need it. They don't know when they're getting shipments but the fedex guy likes to show up between 10 and 11. I'd hang tight around there.

Employees typically have no idea when major product shipments come in so they can't tell customers and piss them off if they happen to be wrong.

5. biosci macrumors 6502a

What is this?! Just yesterday they were telling us all to come in on Monday! I thought 'they didn't know exactly when or what would come in' (Typical line from someone at the Apple store).

6. WoodrowCall thread starter macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

Does anyone think it's worth checking the Best Buy stores? I wonder if they're getting more than say 5 or so at a time. I called AT&T and they said that I would have to pre-order, 12-14 days, in order to get it shipped. I bet that it would take significantly longer than that.

The Apple store in Charleston, SC told me on Sunday to check in on Tuesday. I wonder if there's any validity to that estimate, or if all stores are just saying what they want with little idea of what is actually going to happen.

7. OptyCT macrumors 6502

8. xciteboy macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

FWIW- Cambridge MA Best Buy says no stock, already has 100 preorders to fill. Apple Store now saying 'we are not selling iPads today' - when pressed would not say they aren't getting any but they are 'definitely not' selling any.

9. shadrap macrumors 6502

I couldnt find any in North Carolina. I broke down and bought one off Craigslist. I was lucky the seller wanted cost. I didn't ask why, I just went with it.:D

10. Cutwolf macrumors 6502

You know, that's very interesting.

Apple Store in Freehold, NJ told me the exact same thing, which I thought was a lie to get us out of the store.

Supposedly other Apple Stores in other locations are saying that.

Makes me think there was a directive from corporate to hold all iPad 2s until tomorrow and have basically a second launch.

11. afousek macrumors member

I've been trying to get one from that same store. Do you know what time of day they usually get their shipments in?

12. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

If the seller was selling a brand new iPad 2 on Craigslist at cost then it was probably hot (stolen).

13. MacGal74 macrumors newbie

There is a "hold" on all iPads through corporate. I would think it is the epoxy drying issue that is causing the "screen bleed".

14. Cutwolf macrumors 6502

The hold seems to be for an early opening tomorrow.

15. MacGal74 macrumors newbie

I'm hearing tomorrow as well. Waiting for definite confirmation on that. They were hoping for today but it wasn't feasible.

16. WoodrowCall thread starter macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

Yes, I'll be at the store early tomorrow hoping that the salespeople are just being cagey about inventory today. My guess/hope is that they are saying that they are out and holding all stock until the morning. I'm going to call again later this afternoon to find out if I can get a more accurate answer about what the store has in stock.

17. Josh125 macrumors 6502

Josh125

According to the Apple store at Somerset, no Apple stores in MI are getting any shipments today.

18. WoodrowCall thread starter macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

You should ask if they're opening early tomorrow morning, it sounds like stores are holding inventory in order to sell them starting at 9 tomorrow.

19. tylerku07 macrumors newbie

Kansas City

Just went to Apple Store on the Plaza. They are out, but getting a shipment in later today. Seems they will get shipments daily, they just don't know what is in the shipments. That's what they told me anyways

20. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

yeah it's prob easier to just lie and say they don't have any and will sell 2 days worth of shipments tomorrow then to try to explain why they're getting some and not selling them for 24 hrs.

21. scott6003 macrumors member

22. johnnybluejeans macrumors 6502

NYC availablility?..

Anyone know if any Manhattan stores are getting shipments today?

23. thmoore20850 macrumors newbie

Early openings tomorrow in DC area...

Two DC-area Apple Stores (Georgetown and Bethesda Row) I've called today (Monday) said they had nothing in stock, but both folks I spoke to volunteered that they would be opening an hour early tomorrow morning, at 9. Sounds like they're expecting a bunch in overnight, or they're holding onto what they have until then. See you in line! (again!)

24. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

At this point, I think the best option is to order online. Yeah, it is a 3-4 week wait, but many people are saying that their orders are shipping early. Not to mention, you will get exactly what you want. Too me, it sure beats wasting all this time calling and interrogating employees at Apple, Best Buy, etc.

25. Josh125 macrumors 6502

Josh125

I just called them, they said no they are opening at the normal time (10AM).