iPad 2 UK - Exeter

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bat717, Mar 20, 2011.

1. bat717 macrumors regular

Hi there,

Just wondering whether anyone is going to the launch in Exeter on Friday? Did anyone queue for the original iPad? I was hoping to get there by 7am, do you reckon this will be early enough to get the white 64GB WiFi only model? I have no idea what the queue will be like, I've never been to a launch before, but I'm so desperate to get my hands on one!

Thanks,

Bat

2. mofei1 macrumors regular

7am is way too early if the launch isn't till 5pm :p

3. bat717 thread starter macrumors regular

True. Is this for definite? I really hope it's 9am, I won't be able to queue up all day, and I bet it will be longer if it's 5pm. Oh dear!

4. Edmund0Dantes macrumors member

We're a friendly bunch over in iPAD 2 UK Thread. Odd Yes. But very freindly. :D

5. GarryBacon macrumors regular

Soo confusing I'm going to the iPad 2 launch in Exeter. Is there anything that states the launch will be in the afternoon or what? Because I need to no so I don't miss it. Apple has ****ed up in not letting anyone no. I respect them if they keep to the date but Jesus Christ! :L
    Where you coming from to get to the Exeter store?

6. bat717 thread starter macrumors regular

Hi,

If you check out the iPad 2 launch UK thread (can't remember the exact title), one lovely person has posted a link to his site where he's keeping track of all the information that has been received. Sadly, it is looking more and more like a 5pm launch... in fact, from the info on the site, it looks pretty definite. Am so annoyed. I'm coming from Holsworthy to Exeter, and have to be back in Holsworthy for a party at 6pm. So I'm not sure how I'm going to manage. I don't fancy being in Exeter from 9am for a 5pm launch, but that seems to be the only way I could guarantee being one of the first in, therefore out in time to get back! Have you queued for a launch before? Any idea what the queue will be like? Whereabouts are you coming from?

Bat

7. GarryBacon macrumors regular

Hi. I am coming from paingnton. I havent been able to get any definate information. I mean I don't want to be stood there all day. But I would need to know because if it's a 9 pm launch I'll be there very early. If it's a 5 pm launch I don't know what I'll do!?
    If I don't know what's defiantly happening by Friday I am admitting defeat and ordering online. Engraving it also with 'Apple You Funked Up The Launch Let's Hope You Haven't Funked Up The Product!'

8. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Love the engraving :)

I would normally get there for 4 hours before launch for thinking might get there for 1 if its a 5pm launch.

It would be nice now to get an update :)

9. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

If i que it will be likely a good two hours before. Not sure i could handle waiting 4 hours.

I think ordering online at 00.01 makes the most sense for me.

10. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

All part of the fun :cool::D

Do you think i could order 2 online and 2 in the shop? or do they take your Apple id or something to stop this?

11. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

I doubt it.

They won't know there and then in the store what you ordered online.

you must be loaded

12. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Thats ok then. I wouldnt say load... just work very hard!

13. pblive macrumors newbie

pblive

First post on the forum, so..er..hi.

I'll be going to the iPad 2 launch in Exeter. Staff still don't know when it is (as of yesterday, haven't been in today).

I'll be in Exeter from 7am anyway, but it's actually easier for me if they start selling them earlier, hanging around after work isn't ideal.

14. Frosticus macrumors 6502a

Frosticus

Welcome to the forum!

General consensus based on resellers etc is that the iPad 2 will be launched at 17:00 on Friday, so you might have to wait around a while..!

15. GarryBacon macrumors regular

16. asmc macrumors newbie

iPad 2 will be released at 5pm with online orders starting at 1am exactly the same as in the US. I am coming from Plymouth and plan to catch the first train to Exeter so should be there fairly early. What times are you guys planning on getting there?

Gus

17. bat717 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm currently planning to get there about 2pm but I'm beginning to think I might try earlier... if I can persuade my friend who's coming along for the excitement (but not to buy an iPad 2) to leave a little earlier. Unfortunately she's got things to do in the morning, so it may have to be 2pm. Hopefully that'll be okay though. I can't imagine too many people in Exeter... I hope! Anyone have any idea of previous launch day queues? What time are you guys getting there?

18. asmc macrumors newbie

right i plan to arrive at 11am. i will post on this thread the extent of the queue, if any after i arrive.

getting excited now.

19. pblive macrumors newbie

pblive

As I'll be there between 7am and 8am I'll walk past and take a look at the queue (or lack thereof), then again at around 12ish.

I think I'll probably end up queuing at around 3pm (I have work to do and I don't think going to an iPad 2 launch is a valid excuse for not being there).

Already have a pile of iPad games to review once I get the device so I'll probably be busy all weekend. Which reminds me, if anyone else is interested in writing for an iOS/Mac App Store games review site and has a good grasp of the English language then drop me a PM.

20. bat717 thread starter macrumors regular

asmc - that would be very useful if you could post about the queue. I won't be able to get there until 2pm, so it would be nice to know if I stand a chance!

Getting ridiculously excited now. One question - if we're queueing outside the apple store, which side do we queue on, and won't we be in the way of the other shops?! How does it work in Exeter?

Thanks

21. Weymark macrumors newbie

Hi,

I was going to wander into Exeter for 11AM and see how busy things are. Was planning to drive out the the PC World first to see what things are like over there.

22. pblive macrumors newbie

pblive

For the iPhone 4 they put up metal barriers, snaking round then going up past GAME and the clothes shops. Pretty sure they'll do the same, so coming from the bus station you'll be on the right side to join the queue.

Haven't tried accessing this site on my iPhone yet, but with WIFI there it should be fine to update straight on here. Will keep this thread bookmarked.

23. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

I am going to turn up at about 1 and sit on the floor with my iPad 1 and get on the free WIFI and chill!

24. MrTimofTim macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I'm planning on turning up at 2ish I'm after the 16GB or 32GB Black WiFi.

FYI I've done a bit of recon and gathered intel for myself, and I thought I might pass it on to y'all. I have spoken to Stormfront, an Apple retailer in Plymouth, they have 40 that they will be selling from 5 on Friday, I've also just spoken to the Apple Store in Princesshay, and whilst the chap I spoke to couldn't put an actual number on it, he's pretty certain they'll have a lot more than that.

He also said there will be people going down the queue asking what people want and saying whether they do or don't have what we want.

See you all on Friday!

25. pblive macrumors newbie

pblive

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Well, I've now decided to book a half day off. I'll now be there from 12.