iPad 3 news starting to worry me!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by NunnOtha, Jul 1, 2011.

1. NunnOtha macrumors member

Today the apple insider along with Reuters and macrumors have all posted stories about the new iPad 3 thAts supposed to be coming in september. I thought this rumor was dead?! I just got my iPad 2 and I will be uberpissed at apple if they do release a new iPad n a few months!

2. Photics macrumors regular

It seem so odd to me that Apple would launch a new iPad so soon... especially when they're so far behind on other hardware updates.

3. ctbear macrumors 6502a

Hmmm...that's how technology works. Just enjoy what you have, upgrade when you need to / are able to.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Something about "We're selling the iPad 2 as fast as we can make them" and "We're ditching that model soon" just don't go together in my mind.

I know that there have been so many rumors on the subject, but I just can't get past that thought. How do you merge those 2 ideas? I've yet to see anyone explain that to me.

5. solaris macrumors 6502a

solaris

Rumors is what makes this community what it is. Learn to live with it. ;)

6. NunnOtha thread starter macrumors member

I just c it as being kinda greedy on apples part. They have over 85% of the tablet marketshare. No one is even close in this race so why update prematurely? This will upset many consumers of the iPad 2. Sure I will still enjoy my product, but if I had of waited 3 more months, I could possibly have a better product for the same price.

7. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yep and when the iPad cam out the ipad2 was 6 months around the corner lmfao!

8. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

Wait a sec...

Why will releasing a newer, better product upset consumers of the iPad 2? Do you think that Apple should be required to stifle innovation just so that you can enjoy having the best tablet on the market for a specific period of time?

No one is forcing you to upgrade to iPad 3. If it is released in September, and if it is a nice improvement, you have the option of either keeping your iPad 2, or purchasing an iPad 3. How on earth does it affect you if they release a better iPad?

This is technology. Things get improved and updated. You can either buy now and enjoy the product, or wait forever because new and improved ones will always be around the corner.

9. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

It's still not looking that likely we will see the iPad 3 this year, but even so is it really worth "worrying" about? I got the iPad 2 about two weeks ago. It's great and I can see myself keeping it for about two years. Don't waste your time crying over every update.

10. NunnOtha thread starter macrumors member

I agree with the whole innovation thing. That all makes sense. I'm just saying for a person who's iPad 2 has been on backorder for months and just now getting it, and then a better one is released 2-3 months later for the same price, it sucks

11. za9ra22 macrumors 6502

Regardless of the fact that this is just a rumour and most rumours turn out to be without much foundation, it is wholly unclear to me in what way a new iPad model could possibly reduce the functionality or usability of the device you already have. If you are one of those people who just have to have the very latest and greatest, then I can imagine you'd be upset at Apple grabbing for your wallet twice the same year, but if you buy stuff because it suits your needs, then your current ipad will be just as good when a new model appears as it is now.

And bearing in mind that people are still buying original iPads and finding them useful and versatile, it would appear an iPad3 isn't going to become useless overnight.

12. kalex macrumors 65816

13. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

I hope so and hope it comes in a pro version which might be the new iPad a 12" model.

Go :apple:

I have a 460.00 Apple gift card from my iPad 1 sale:)
    And rocking the iPad2 but ready and willing.

14. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I don't understand why some people get worried over new releases. Just sell your current device to subsidize the next.

15. AppleGoddess, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011

AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

Some here I am sure saves for months to afford the iPad, knowing a new one is ready to release means saving a little more to make up the difference .

16. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

I will let down your worries, We will know not exactly when but if there will be an iPad 3 in the immediate future (before apple announces it). The apple community usually finds out, so when we have some somewhat solid evidence then just sell your devise. When we herd of the iPad 2 i put my iPad on Craigslist and got $500 (only like 100 of what i paid). so don't be worried

17. gadget123 macrumors 68000

I think the next IPad will be in development. Not production stage.

Reports about a better screen is pointless because people would rather have an IPad 3 not 2.5. Leave it until next year so we can have better cameras and processors.

The September window is for the IPhone 4S/5 and IPod. It would be hard to get another IPad out it would not have been tested long plus it would take the shine off new IPhone sales. The iPad 2 is likely to sell well for the rest of the year anyway.

18. xraytech macrumors 68020

iPad 3 release this September? Not going to happen! If it does I will eat my Smart Cover.

19. yegon macrumors 68020

Aside from ludicrous Apple rumours involving unicorn blood and Steve Jobs' sweat, I rate the iPad 3 in September rumour pretty high in the stupidity stakes. All seemed to stem from a single off the cuff comment too.

From a production and sales point of view it makes zero sense, and the idea that super high res screens - which exist, but are barely out of the prototype stage, never mind mass production - are coming in 2 months is ridiculous.

At an absolute push, it's not inconcievable that higher capacity models may appear, but I find even that minor difference unlikely too.

Of course, if it did appear in September.....egg on face time, heyho!

Higher res screen is inevitable on the 3 eventually though, it'll be it's main selling point, possibly with 4G I suppose.

20. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

Have you never bought technology before. It doesn't matter what company you buy from. Your product is outdated the second you leave the building.

21. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

How about you wait until Apple actually does that until calling them greedy? A lot of rumors turn out to be false and it doesn't make sense for them to launch a new iPad when they still can't make enough of the current one to meet demand.

22. Surely Guest

Surely

Why is it greedy? They're a friggin' corporation.......they're in this to make a profit, not be your best friend.

23. info macrumors member

info

LOL! I certainly see this aspect of it. My guess would be for a dramatically improved model for around April, 2012; though, the OP makes a good point that the rumor seems to be gaining momentum.

24. yegon macrumors 68020

This x million.

Apple are exactly as ruthless and money grabbing as any other company, their greatest trick is convincing punters they have some kind of spiritual connection with their gear - the flipside of that is those same punters start crying as if they've been wronged when Apple make a business decision they don't like.

Note: I say the above as a big fan of Apple stuff. Fan, not fanboy however. Crucial difference.

25. Danoc macrumors 6502

Danoc

You want to stop worrying? Buy Apple shares. You will be more than happy by the rumors.

RIM shareholders would like to read news like these every morning.