Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to purchase an iPad 2 in spite of iPad 3 rumors?

• NO! I want an iPad ASAP, but I won't buy because of iPad 3 rumors!

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • MAYBE... I want an iPad ASAP, but the rumors make me hesitant...

Votes: 28 19.4%
  • YES! In spite of the rumors, I really need/want the iPad now!

Votes: 27 18.8%
  • YES! The rumors are complete rubbish and speculation

Votes: 28 19.4%
  • Rumors don't affect me. I will buy whenever I get the features I want (i.e. retina display)

Votes: 31 21.5%
  • Not thinking about getting an iPad this year regardless.

Votes: 19 13.2%

• Total voters

jarvijarv

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2008
SoCal
I'm glad I'm currently unemployed so the temptation to buy one won't be urgent...yet. haha!:D. I am COMPLETELY satisfied with my 1st gen iPad. Not a day goes by where I haven't picked it up to read the news, go internet surfing, check emails/facebook, play a game, watch a movie, check/update my numerous apps on the AppStore, etc. all in the comfort of my bed, couch, car or anyplace where I need to wait. You definitely get what you paid for!

I know it may sound ridiculous, but the iPad may be the one device I would like to own every version of when it comes out. A collector's novelty. It's really that good...:cool::apple:

cmvsm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2004
Did I ever, even just once, say "I am great"? No...so, I have no idea where you dreamed that up from. Should I be sorry for my own financial success?

Its my experience that those who discuss their wealth, are the ones that usually don't actually have money, but live paycheck to paycheck to try and create that perception. I have a few friends from school that were very wealthy, and came mostly came from 'old' money, but you would never know it as they drove common cars and lived in typical apartments. Now if you visited their parent's homes, you'd think you walked into the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.

So Gryzor, I place you in category 1. Good luck with your 'success'.

AgDon

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2011
it would be helpful if they would announce if they are really going to release the iPad 3 in september or not so the public could make an informed decision to wait or not.

alfmil

Suspended
Jan 22, 2009
Its my experience that those who discuss their wealth, are the ones that usually don't actually have money, but live paycheck to paycheck to try and create that perception.

+1 I got a call the other day from the guy at work who brags about how rich he is all day long wondering if my paycheck was deposited because his hadn't. When I said I didn't know, because I had no need to check right away, he immediately answered - well I don't need it, this is just my beer drinking money, I have 3 bank accounts... Whatever.

Also, why does everyone seem to post that they give their old crap to their wife? Is anyone on MacRumors planning to buy their wife an iPad 2 and keep the iPad 1 for themselves?

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Also, why does everyone seem to post that they give their old crap to their wife? Is anyone on MacRumors planning to buy their wife an iPad 2 and keep the iPad 1 for themselves?

That annoys me too. Why do the wives/girlfriends always get the hand-me-downs? I'm glad my boyfriend knows that that won't fly with me.

Mad Mac Maniac

macrumors 601
Original poster
That annoys me too. Why do the wives/girlfriends always get the hand-me-downs? I'm glad my boyfriend knows that that won't fly with me.

Well I think it's more the people that comment/post on here tend to be the tech junkies who always need to newer things. And there tend to be more guys here than girls. So it kind of makes sense that more people talk about giving their stuff to gf's/wifes. If the opposite is true, I'm sure the opposite will happen. If both parties are tech junkies then either they share one, or they each get one, but that's not something that probably catches your attention as much

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Well I think it's more the people that comment/post on here tend to be the tech junkies who always need to newer things. And there tend to be more guys here than girls. So it kind of makes sense that more people talk about giving their stuff to gf's/wifes. If the opposite is true, I'm sure the opposite will happen. If both parties are tech junkies then either they share one, or they each get one, but that's not something that probably catches your attention as much

I understand that if the girlfriend/wife isn't very techy she wouldn't mind not having the latest gadget but why the hand-me-downs? Even if I wasn't very techy I wouldn't want to always get my boyfriend's old gadgets.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
My bar is low: i want/need more ram and/or a beefier CPU. That's about the only rumor that everyone can agree on for iPad 2 so I am there pretty much no matter what. My use case may be unusual (see my signature...) but it is what it is.

Mad Mac Maniac

macrumors 601
Original poster
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Am I reading into it too much, but I feel that the tagline for the march 2 event points to no refresh in September. I mean " come see what 2011 will be the year of" implies to me only one ipad this year.

I dunno it's just reassurance on my behalf

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.