iPad 3 satisfaction (poll)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iEvolution, May 18, 2012.

?

Are you satisfied with your iPad 3?

1. Yes, its perfect.

294 vote(s)
    67.9%
  2. Yes overall, but I have a few complaints.

78 vote(s)
    18.0%
  3. No, I have screen issues.

25 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. No, other. (please post)

2 vote(s)
    0.5%
  5. No, I like my iPad 2 better.

8 vote(s)
    1.8%
  6. I have not purchased an iPad 3.

18 vote(s)
    4.2%
  7. I hate polls.

8 vote(s)
    1.8%
  1. iEvolution macrumors 65816

I'm curious to see just exactly how many people enjoy the iPod and how many are disappointed, because as far as I can tell there are a lot of complaints about the new iPad.

2. rkahl macrumors 65816

The complaints are usually the same people crying in every thread like this one.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Perfectly satisfied
    Great screen, nice speed increase, excellent camera update
    Love it

4. iEvolution thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm trying to gauge the satisfaction for the iPad 3, I'm not crying about anything.

5. rkahl macrumors 65816

Don't take it personal, I didn't say you specifically.

6. Maziar macrumors 6502

same here. upgraded from a slow and laggy iPad1(w/iOS 5) and the difference is huge. Much better screen and it runs like butter. no complaints here.

7. riciad macrumors 6502

I'm absolutely delighted with mine. Perfect, uniformly white screen-even whiter than the bezel, no stuck pixels and while it may get slightly warm at times it certainly never gets hot.
    Coming from the original iPad, it's marvellous to be able to play memory intensive games without having to shut down fully at regular intervals to avoid glitches.
    The only time I saw any slight coloured hue was when I was using it at our local library, it must have been caused by their lighting as the bezel even had a tint to it in their light.
    I ordered online and was nearly afraid to open the box when it came after reading all the posts here.

8. donnaw macrumors 65816

At the risk of many down votes I will say that I voted that I like it but have some complaints. I absolutely love the form factor. My screen is pretty much perfect, it's fast, and does almost every thing I want.

My two complaints that hold it back from being perfect are:

1). This one is an OS complaint. I really miss access to a file system. Getting .avi files on to play are a real pain. I want drag and drop access. I like to organize my files based on the way I live my life. Having to work around the restriction of not having file access, at least to user-created files is the major drawback to making this my main computer. I want to be able to put all my spreadsheets, docs, pics dealing with a specific project in the same folder.

I need to be able to attach more than one file to an email. Yeah, it would go over really great if I send 10 people in a group several emails with the documents pertaining to a specific project, pics, spreadsheets, documents, etc. " here's the first document for Project A", "here's the spreadsheet for Project A", "here is the first of 10 pictures, I'm sending the rest in separate emails". Very professional!

2). I really wish it had an SD card slot. Of course, that would require Apple to fulfill my no.1 complaint of file access.

I highly doubt that I will ever see either of these fulfilled. It's a shame. Will I continue to enjoy my iPad? Yes, most certainly. But until or unless I get file access it can never be the 'perfect' device for me.

9. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

Use the Goodreader app to send multiple attachments in one email. Works fine. Not a native solution, but gets the job done. Goodreader can also allow you to organize files by project. Although editing those files and resaving them into Goodreader bumps you up against another iOS limitation.

10. Macdude2010 macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

I had 10 with dead pixels, my current one has a hair under the glass, otherwise I love it.

11. Ipadfever macrumors 6502a

Ipadfever

Where is the hair located?

12. big samm macrumors 65816

I love mine, I'm from a iPad first gen so it's a huge difference and love it to death!

13. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

Ditto.

14. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

Once jailbreak for ipad 3 its released in the next week or two. I'll love it 100x more :D

15. Ipadfever macrumors 6502a

Ipadfever

If marriage was excepted between an iPad and a human being , I would love my bipolar iPad with the half tinted screen.

16. WSR macrumors regular

My only real complaint is that there wasn't a 128GB option.

17. arcite macrumors 6502a

arcite

Cairo, trapped in a pyramid with my iphone
    Thankfully my iPad 3 was assembled by a bald man with angellic hands.

18. jacob-07 macrumors regular

19. Macdude2010 macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

near the front facing camera

20. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

21. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

If you wanted to get a true feel for the satisfaction of iPad 3 users you'd best ask a random sample of iPad 3 owners from across the board. Not just iPad 3 owners who are on MacRumors, because many people come to forums like this and post in threads like this when they have problems.

22. truthiness macrumors regular

I had the iPad 1 and used it less than I thought I would have; upgraded to new iPad and use it MORE than I thought I would. It's just silky smooth and the screen just creates an appetite for more usage. Now with audio on Flipboard I'm using as a night time player for NPR and it just oozes functionality vs the original model. Completely versatile. Love it.

23. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

After reading the complaints on here, I was a little worried about receiving my iPad, but it's screen is superb. Whites are white, no difference to the Apple store display models or my brilliantly white iPhone screen.

24. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

After my second exchange, I am extremely satisfied w my iPad! Love the screen resolution! Use it everyday, I can't imagine my life w out it lol

25. Milfin macrumors regular

Jumping from Ipad 1 to Ipad 3 was a world of difference. I honestly would not know the difference between an ipad 2 to ipad 3. Retina? only if you have copies of movies in HD.

Processor speed not sure because I don't play games that would require it. Monopoly is smooth on it. :D