iPad Air 2 battery

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nuno Aphex, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Nuno Aphex macrumors newbie

Nuno Aphex

hi everyone!

What's the deal with iPad Air 2 battery?
    My iPad Air had such great battery in comparison, i feel like I was deceived...
    Just this evening it drained 5% during the evening with wi if off, I mean... What's the deal?
    It's been draining battery much more fastly than the iPad that I have before. Same usage and it lasted for 3/4 days and this one lasts for 1 day and a little more...

How can anyone believe that with smaller battery, the life of it is bigger (as announced in the apple site) because of the A9?

It is a shame, but I am very unsatisfied and since the very first month of use that I am been considering taking it to the store, because I feel "downgraded"

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I found my Air 2 battery to be quite good as do others.

3. sparksd macrumors 6502a

You have something going on with your device. My Air 2 sits with WiFi on overnight with negligible drain (<1%). I've been astounded by its battery performance when in use - far better than any device I've ever owned.

4. Nuno Aphex thread starter macrumors newbie

Nuno Aphex

As do others? Who might be those others?
    I am speaking from experience and comparing from my use of another iPad.

What about you?
    --- Post Merged, Apr 16, 2016 ---
    How long have you had yours?
    I use brightness really low, besides overnight it's obviously shut down, hence my surprise

5. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

I can be an other. My Air 2 had great battery life, on par with my Air and iPad 3 before that. My new Pro does a bit better though, my wife now uses my Air 2 with no battery complaints. This is just my usage and experience. Have had since launch.

6. sparksd macrumors 6502a

I've had mine about 11 months and use it a lot. I run mine at 100% brightness about 90% of the time and play games on it (not just low-power browsing). There are a few system usage apps out there - have you tried any of those to see if they provide any useful info? Really - at least compared to my experience, your's sounds quite bad and I don't question it. It would seem that something is happening in the background to drain your battery at an abnormal rate.