Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Susai Raj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2017
Hello, guys ! New to this....Thread !
Hope I find a solution ?! :)

With due respect, and humble submission I wish to bring to your kind consideration....with this issue of mine !!

My Issue is that I bought an Ipad Air 2...in order to use with my Roland Fantom G6 and Roland EA 7....via usb cable !

But It completely rejected My Fantom G6...but it worked with the Roland EA 7 for 30 seconds...I believe ! Then a message pop up (same that came up as I connected my fantom synthesizer)... but with EA 7 it came up after 30 seconds ( the not supported message ) of successful working on My iPad Air 2 that this device is not supported...something like that :/

I used multiple apps such as Grand Piano HD, and the famous Garageband !!

Until now I came up with a working solution....that worked for some sufferers on Web...Powered Usb Hub that is !

So, My only question is...do I actually need a USB Powered Hub...or Is there any alternative solution for my IPad Air 2 other than a powered hub ??

And also, please send the links if possible... for the supported hubs with my synthesizers if its the only option I had or anything else that might work for me !!!

Last edited:

Stefan johansson

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2017
Sweden
USB keyboards don't work well with idevices. I tried a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard,worked well for me. If you want a keyboard for the Air 2,you should get any of those "keyboard cases" that's available.

Susai Raj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2017
USB keyboards don't work well with idevices. I tried a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard,worked well for me. If you want a keyboard for the Air 2,you should get any of those "keyboard cases" that's available.

Well....thanks for the knowledge.... but my question was a bit different !!
thanks anyway

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.